Hi guys,
    ive been given the opportunity to change my Storm for a Bold, i originally wanted the bold as it looks easier to type. i was wondering what you lot thought, is it worth doing or would i be taking a step backwards?
    Thanks in advance
    Dan
    05-29-09 07:52 AM
    Bold. Hands down. Storm doesn't even compare I just got rid of mine for the bold! DOOOOO IT!
    05-29-09 07:56 AM
    You definitely wouldn't be taking a "step backwards", if you went with a Bold. If you've never typed on the Bold, why don't you visit a store and try it?

If you're satisfied with your Storm, keep it. You're in a Bold forum.
    05-29-09 07:59 AM
    Storm has a better screen, that is larger (quality-wise they are comparable), and of course the Storm is touch based (which you either love or hate generally) Storm has a better camera.

Bold has a better processor, and wifi as it's main advantages. The Camera is good but not as good as the Storm. And of course some prefer the physical keyboard.

Both are great phones, and certainly the Bold would not be a step backwards. (BUT you would lose some screen size and cameral megapixels, BUT gain CPU & wifi)
    05-29-09 08:16 AM
    Bold. No comparison!
    05-29-09 10:11 AM
    Do it. I have the bold and have used the storm. The bold is so much better in every aspect

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 10:24 AM
    Bold, Bold, Bold.

05-29-09 10:24 AM
    cheers guys. much appreciated
    05-29-09 10:32 AM
    Go for Bold.

05-29-09 11:00 AM
    Bold! I left my Bold for a Storm and sorely regretted it. I immediately missed wifi (I didnt know I used it as much as I did once I got a Storm). The keypad is the best qwerty I have used. If you're a big emailer, IM'r and such then a Storm will continually **** you off. You can get used to it but you will never type as fast as on a Bold. Feel free to PM me if you have any specifics, I am more than happy to share my info since I have owned both.
    05-29-09 11:05 AM
    went from storm to bold and i dont regret it at all = )
    05-30-09 07:06 AM
    I don't mean this facetiously, if you gotta ask, probably Bold. The Storm is for that undeterred type, that just wants the latest gadget and is willing to jump to a few hoops for it(or with it). If this is you, Storm all the way.

Seeing that the new official OS update is due tomorrow, it makes the Storm an easier choice. The touch screen and the accelerometer sealed the deal for me, also the fact that Verizon beats hard on ATT in my frequented areas, made the storm clear choice.

There are some horror stories about the Storm, but as the below thread exemplifies, there more happy storm owners than not.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f139/wh...rm-you-235952/

Good luck with whichever choice you make.

pst... get a Storm
    Last edited by crisd; 05-30-09 at 07:26 AM.
    05-30-09 07:23 AM
    I think the Bold would be a step forward and will be easier to type on.
    Go bold!
    05-30-09 07:42 AM
    I have both, but I'm typing this on my bold. The storms looks great, is well built and handles media better. The bold is useable every day.

I find the storm slow, laggy and battery hungry. I've upgraded the os several times, tried hybrids and so on but its still rubbish. Try the bold; I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed )

Andy

05-30-09 10:56 AM
    I've used both, used to be a Curve 8310 owner a little while back and getting a Bold this Wednesday.
    Personally, when I was using the Storm I think at the back of my mind (I already disliked full touch screens to begin with) it felt as though with the click there was a chance of breaking it. Not that there actually is, it was just sticking in my mind though.

I felt as though the Storm was laggy, but gave a better web browsing experience than the Bold, media was tit for tat, but overall in my opinion the Bold comes out on top.
    05-30-09 11:17 AM
    i Personally have delt with both, and i just recently got the Bold..

The storm has an EXCELLENT screen, great for watching movies, surfing the net and so on...it also has a nice camra, better than the bold as well. Verizon phone signals are awesome.

downfall, the storm lags...need to ensure you clear out cache constantly...but even then, it still lags between applications. It also isnt friendly in the texting or emailing department, PITA to type on the storm, worst so over the I-phone and i hate typing on the I-phone.

The bold, has a very nice looking screen as well, but it is smaller in comparison to. The camera is ok...nothing special, looks more like a web cam...Phone signal for AT&T is really fast when in a popular area, but Verizon has better overall coverage. But when there is a 3G signal, or a Wifi signal...the bold is mega fast>

Some of the better attributes the bold has, is for one, its very fast! two, it holds a lot of memory, so better for storing files, applications, pictures, videos, games and so on...the Bold is a dream to text with, or to email and surfing the web is nice, very similar to the storm.

If i was to do it all over again, i would do the bold, it is much easier to use and doesnt lag as often as the storm.

If AT&T can get verizon coverage...every other cell phone company will be out of buisness lol now if Verizon had the variety of AT&T's cell phones, Verizon would have the cell phone market on lock lol

JMHO
    05-30-09 01:48 PM
    I gotta say go with the bold. got one love it.
    05-30-09 04:37 PM
    Go for the bold its better my cousin had it now he is getting a bold.
    05-31-09 08:24 AM
    Im in the same situation, got an unlocked Storm and wanting to go for the Bold, i love my Storm havent had any issues with it as others have, but i just miss the full keyboard, i text more than anything...but as soon as i get a chance to get rid of the Storm im going for it, i think ill be happy and i think you would be happy too..def wont be a step backwards
    05-31-09 12:53 PM
    Thanks for all the advice. Hopefully getting my new bold on tuesday
    05-31-09 01:39 PM
    well i have the storm and love it no problems what so ever with mine i would say it really comes down to preference do you want a touchscreen or do you want keys??
    05-31-09 01:50 PM
    Go for the bold. Easier to use, not a waste of money on a touchscreen you still have to click. Better form factor and comfort.
    05-31-09 02:17 PM
    Bold. Hands down. Storm doesn't even compare I just got rid of mine for the bold! DOOOOO IT!
    +1

05-31-09 02:31 PM
    Hi guys,
    ive been given the opportunity to change my Storm for a Bold, i originally wanted the bold as it looks easier to type. i was wondering what you lot thought, is it worth doing or would i be taking a step backwards?
    Thanks in advance
    Dan
    Hands down the Bold! After going thru 4 storms I called it quits. The Bold in just about every aspect beats the Storm.
    05-31-09 07:25 PM
    All I know is that there was a guy I work with. In ONE day went through 3 storms... :O

05-31-09 07:54 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD