hey guys, i am currently a storm 2 owner that is thinking about going to the bold. i am wondering beside the screen size am i going to be happy? i know some people will say i just need reassurance. well you are right. i have until april 2011 to upgrade but the manager told me i could trade it for the bold and i really need a better phone. i have gone through 4 storm 2 and i am tired of going to the store and complaining. but?...will the next one be the best one? that is always the question i ask myself, but i always get screwed. the end button does not work half the time, it lags bad sometimes, and i have to do at least 2 battery pulls a day. i use the verizon release and the hybrids. i have done 2 different in one day to see if it will fix the problem. I just need info on if anyone has made this switch and you are happy? or if anyone can give me advise on this phone. thanks.
    08-17-10 07:19 PM
    If you can live without the touchscreen, I think you'll be quite happy. If touchscreen is something you want to keep, BBLeaks just released the news that the Storm 3 will probably drop around October.
    08-17-10 07:24 PM
    I made the switch form the S2 to the Bold and I have to say that this phone os way more reliable than the Storm. I have had so many issues with the Storm and now that my wife is 7 months pregnant I am glad to know that the phone with pick up when I press the green button and get service where the Storm did not. All in all I am happy with the Bold and would recommend the phone. Now if they would just let OS6 out....waiting and waiting and waiting
    08-17-10 07:25 PM
    If you can live without the touchscreen, I think you'll be quite happy. If touchscreen is something you want to keep, BBLeaks just released the news that the Storm 3 will probably drop around October.
    Personally I don't see how people can use a 100% touchscreen phone but to each their own, if you make the change you'll be very happy, imo
    08-17-10 07:52 PM
    The 9650 is a very solid device. Give it a shot I think you'll be glad you did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 09:20 PM
    I made the switch form the S2 to the Bold and I have to say that this phone os way more reliable than the Storm. I have had so many issues with the Storm and now that my wife is 7 months pregnant I am glad to know that the phone with pick up when I press the green button and get service where the Storm did not. All in all I am happy with the Bold and would recommend the phone. Now if they would just let OS6 out....waiting and waiting and waiting
    Same here! Durn storm was nice. But I be durned when you needed to use it. Its a cuss! I miss the two battery pulls a day. Lol. But. I truly miss the insta text. Other then that I'm happy with typing slower on the bold.

08-18-10 08:15 AM
    hopefully I can find someone to swap with or sell my s2. I'd like to move to the bold as well.

08-18-10 08:36 AM
    I had the 9530 and then the 9550 and now the 9650. The only thing I miss is typing in landscape mode. I am a littler slower on the Bold but it is a much more solid device. I was tired of being RIM/Verizon's guinea pig. Plus, now I have a device ready for OS 6!

My advice, make the switch.
    08-18-10 08:44 AM
    at first i missed the larger screen when i switched from S1 to 9650, but now i love typing on the keyboard so much more than the touchscreen that i've forgotten about the extra screen real estate.
    08-18-10 09:36 AM
    thanks guys. i have my bold on order. i hope to have it 8-19.
    08-18-10 02:31 PM
    I switched from the Storm 2 about 2 weeks ago. First off you will not have a battery problem, I have always charged mine every night, but the Storm 2 would be dead before I went to bed, not with the Bold. It will take you a while to get used to the key board again. The OS is great, never a problem.
    08-18-10 03:13 PM
    Personally I don't see how people can use a 100% touchscreen phone but to each their own, if you make the change you'll be very happy, imo
    Oh I'm with ya there. I would like to have the new storm though (if it lives up to expectations), for a secondary to my Bolds.
    08-18-10 03:51 PM
    hey guys, i am currently a storm 2 owner that is thinking about going to the bold. i am wondering beside the screen size am i going to be happy? i know some people will say i just need reassurance. well you are right. i have until april 2011 to upgrade but the manager told me i could trade it for the bold and i really need a better phone. i have gone through 4 storm 2 and i am tired of going to the store and complaining. but?...will the next one be the best one? that is always the question i ask myself, but i always get screwed. the end button does not work half the time, it lags bad sometimes, and i have to do at least 2 battery pulls a day. i use the verizon release and the hybrids. i have done 2 different in one day to see if it will fix the problem. I just need info on if anyone has made this switch and you are happy? or if anyone can give me advise on this phone. thanks.
    Got a 9650 about 2 weeks for myself after dropping and breaking my LCD on my 9550. No insurance so it was cheaper to buy it new on our 3rd line. My wife has one too so I knew what to expect. I didn't have the issues you mention with your 9550. Typing is the one thing I had to get back up to par with. I type much faster on the 9550 but that's about it for me. The screen downsizing didn't bother me once I saw how much smoother the phone ran. I'm running a hybrid with a .732 base and it's very stable but the stock .732 was also fine. The trackpad is a nice change also. I didn't use stock battery on either phone but the extended battery lasts longer on this one. Most likely because of the Surepress touchscreen on the 9550. I'm definitely waiting for the 4G Storm but I'm doing just fine with this 9650.
    08-18-10 04:09 PM
    cant say I had a S2 but coming from an all touch phone (droid eris) i love the bold
    08-19-10 01:29 AM
    I love my BOLD 9650!!
    08-19-10 03:41 AM
    I went thru 4 storm 1's before I got one that worked. Wheno it worked I loved it. Need the large screen for work. 6 weeks out of warrenty it died. Got the Storm 2. 6 days after getting it I started having trouble. Not going thru that again I traded it for the 9650. The screen size is a problem for me but after having it for 2 days I can type much faster and have not done a batter pull yet. Don't even miss the storm
    08-20-10 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD