Hi Everybody,
    I want to switch over to Blackberry world just because of my business needs. Have used all kinds of smart phones from Nokia to HTC, Samsung, iPhone etc. Not satisfied with Email Communication.
    Want to decide between Bold 9700 and Storm 2. I am worried about the cramped keyboard of 9700 but perhaps this is only a feeling that typing would be difficult.
    Liked Storm 2. No problem faced with Sure Press Technology. I believe this technonogy makes more sense. Please help me in deciding between these devices with sensible logic and if there is any difference in feature set. Thanks in advance. [email protected]
    03-30-10 09:18 PM
    Both good phones. Depends if you want touch screen or not. Storm is Verizon only unless you plan on unlocking it.
    03-30-10 09:21 PM
    Yup, that's about it. If you want a bigger screen with touch, go Storm. If you want qwerty go 9700.

Sure there are other differences, but IMO none of them are as important as the form factor. Everything else is very similar.
    03-30-10 10:17 PM
    If you liked the iphone and touch phones in general then you'll love the Storm2. You get all the touch goodness AND all the blackberry goodness in one device. And the touch in the Storm2 is MUCH better than the Storm1
    03-30-10 10:20 PM
    Both are excellent phones. Try out both and see which one you like better. To me, the biggest advantages of the Bold are the keyboard shortcuts, HSPA data speed and superior battery life. The Storm2 offers the larger screen, the awesome SureType keyboard layout, and a full landscape keyboard (portrait too, but I prefer SureType for that).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Masahiro; 03-31-10 at 04:41 AM.
    03-31-10 04:37 AM
    Both are excellent phones. Try out both and see which one you like better. To me, the biggest advantages of the Bold are the keyboard shortcuts, HSPA data speed and superior battery life. The Storm2 offers the larger screen, the awesome SureType keyboard layout, and a full landscape keyboard (portrait too, but I prefer SureType for that).

Thanks for your time and valuable advice. Since I will be thw new bee, I think Storm 2 would be better option. I am not sure about its battery life. Can you please me on battery life?

03-31-10 07:12 AM
    If you liked the iphone and touch phones in general then you'll love the Storm2. You get all the touch goodness AND all the blackberry goodness in one device. And the touch in the Storm2 is MUCH better than the Storm1
    Thanks. I like your opinion. How about battery life of Storm 2 would it last a full working day with heavy use?

03-31-10 07:16 AM
    Thanks. I like your opinion. How about battery life of Storm 2 would it last a full working day with heavy use?

hahahahhahahahhahahahahhahaa you must be joking, right?

Storm2 is beautiful, but battery life is not marvelous... it's actually rather miserable.
    03-31-10 11:15 AM
    I would go for the 9700, but I am biased.

Battery life is fantastic if that is a main concern. Storm looks nice, but I am about how a phone will perform and I now how horrendous the first storm was, granted I am sure this has to be better....would be impossible for it to get worse.
    03-31-10 11:26 AM
    The battery life on my Storm is comparable to my old Curve. In other words, it easily lasts the whole day for me. The Bold is still superior in that regard though, so if battery life is a pretty major concern to you, I'd consider the 9700.

03-31-10 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD