... and then there are the types that believe all of this is magic and it just *happens*....
    06-25-09 12:58 PM
    ... and then there are the types that believe all of this is magic and it just *happens*....
    Wait, what? It's not? Crap.
    06-25-09 01:01 PM
    Wait, what? It's not? Crap.
    It was a joke. It really is magic! How else can it be explained?
    06-25-09 01:07 PM
    It was a joke. It really is magic! How else can it be explained?
    Whew, thanks!
    06-25-09 01:09 PM
    Why should you ever be satisfied? Should we have stopped at the wheel? I certainly love my bold, but understand the nature of folks complaints. Complaints are a form of feedback (though sometimes nasty). I enjoy reading some whines thinking, "hey they could totally improve that by doing this". I too live in the engineering world and with no intent to offend "satisfaction" keeps people in the dark ages. We have tons of engineers brewing procedural code or writing in perl because of satisfaction. The thirst for more breeds innovation and let me tell you battery innovation needs to come. Technology can often be applied elsewhere and if someones complaint made it happen I'll take it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 01:32 PM
    I agree with the OP, there is far too much ******** and complaining over what is, at the end of the day, a truly remarkable piece of kit.

Sure I've had one or two minor gripes with my Bold but when all is said and done it's quite simply the best phone I have ever owned (possibly even the best gadget period.) I'm saying this as someone who has had the most ridiculously bad luck with electronics over the years (virtually everything I buy has had to go back in the first week). My Bold does what I want it to do, does it brilliantly and efficiently and with less glitches and bugs than virtually anything else I've ever owned.

I think there is a deep chasm between those of us over the age 35 who grew up in a non-digital era, who witnessed the crude beginnings of home computing - and those who have grown up taking this kind of thing for granted. When I was 10 I had a Commodore 64 and fantasized about the day in the future when we'd all be carrying around super-advanced space aged gizmos in our pockets. Well, those days are here and I love them.

I think there's also a difference between those of us who use the Bold for its practical functionality and those who use it mostly as a toy which happens to be able to make phone calls. I spend all day on my Bold, emailing clients back and forth, texting employees, consulting spreadsheets, writing memos and generally being as productive as it's possible to be with a smartphone. At the end of the day I have about 15-20% charge left and that's fine by me. I pull the battery two or three times a week and that seems to fend off any problems. I have a couple of minor grips with the browser and that is it, really. I don't care about what it looks like, what color it is, how stylish it is etc....having said that it IS a beautiful piece of kit.

Honestly, the electronics that I've bought which have had me logged onto forums half the night trying to sort out endless problems and glitches....I've had none of that with the Bold. It's an incredible device.

All software and systems have bugs. Anyone who's ever done any kind of serious programming before knows just how hard it is to anticipate and check every single combination and permutation of actions and environments that a user will throw at your program. Every software title that is released comes with bugs and subsequent patches and updates. It's an incredibly complicated process to write software and the potential for bugs make them almost inevitable. The Bold has impressed me, being one of the most bug free systems I've used in a long time. Anyone who's ever owned other smartphones, like the Samsung Epix I ditched for the Bold, will know just how faulty they are in comparison.

WE ARE VERY LUCKY PEOPLE!
    06-25-09 01:45 PM
    I remember all the complaints I had to listen when I work in cellular industry, most of them actually just silly. Bet they think that will make them look smart. NOT!

However, it's true what others said that complaints and silly questions can lead us into new inovations. You just never know what will happen in future...

Because...

When I had my �brick�, I said to my lil sis how kewl it�ll be if I can record silly voice and make as a ringtone. Hellooo... This thing does lots more than that now! FABOOLOOS and BOOTIFOOOOLLL! Love mine to dead!
    06-25-09 05:36 PM
    I remember all the complaints I had to listen when I work in cellular industry, most of them actually just silly. Bet they think that will make them look smart. NOT!

However, it's true what others said that complaints and silly questions can lead us into new inovations. You just never know what will happen in future...

Because...

When I had my �brick�, I said to my lil sis how kewl it�ll be if I can record silly voice and make as a ringtone. Hellooo... This thing does lots more than that now! FABOOLOOS and BOOTIFOOOOLLL! Love mine to dead!
    I started this thread, very interesting. Yes, objective and creative suggestions are what make things move forward, no doubt about it. But there is constructive criticism and complaining, and there is a difference. I bet the next version of the Bold has a better camera and a lot of other improvements, many from the positive suggestions of posters. It's the constant wishing that's crazy. Like cars, the next model improves on the old (in general). Never meant to suggest people stop offering suggestions for improvement, just be appreciative of what an amazing product it is.
    06-25-09 05:47 PM
    I started this thread, very interesting. Yes, objective and creative suggestions are what make things move forward, no doubt about it. But there is constructive criticism and complaining, and there is a difference. I bet the next version of the Bold has a better camera and a lot of other improvements, many from the positive suggestions of posters. It's the constant wishing that's crazy. Like cars, the next model improves on the old (in general). Never meant to suggest people stop offering suggestions for improvement, just be appreciative of what an amazing product it is.
    Interesting indeed! Cheers for that Always excited for every new phone I've got and (I can say in few hours) soooo looking forward for more new improvement. But doesn't mean that I am one of them who complain

Aahh... Those good times... I just gave them moaners nice smile while answers nicely (after all, they're the one who pay my wages, so I can't do much lol], but in my mind I swore to those ungrateful people! Lol!
    06-25-09 06:02 PM
    I have to disagree especially in the aerospace world where customers complain and don't provide constructive criticism. When solar arrays aren't great on power because of concentrator design but still perform to spec the customer doesn't give positive feedback. Sure it's not a whine like some posts have been but far from constructive. My only point is to show the other side. I would love it if positive feedback was always the case just saying don't expect it and realize that good can come from even ugly complaints.

06-25-09 07:53 PM
    yo i just spent like 40mins reading this thread you guys are coming up with some off the wall type stuff.....solar arrays? i mean just wtf
    06-25-09 09:59 PM
    I am in the a/v business, and an engineer by training. I was reading some threads last night about possible new BB model for AT&T.

Do some of you realize what a piece of engineering marvel and magic you own? This little device can do what even 10 years ago would require a room full of gear, if even that would work.

You can play music, see videos, get emails, Twitter, make calls, play games, change themes, and on and on and on.

The Bold is a remarkable piece of gear, and I had the first Palm, which at the time was magic. No more appointment and phone book. I had more bottles of white out to change numbers (not nearly as many as now...home phone, work phone, home fax, work fax, emails 1,2,3, home address, work address, birthdays.....) you get the idea. You literally have the world in your pocket or holster.

The complaints are infantile.....my battery only lasts 24 hours, I can't tether to the space shuttle, I hate the name on the faceplate....and on, and on.

I learned ages ago as soon as you buy a piece of gear, another with some other feature will soon follow. The senior members of this forum post marvelous fixes for so many things (especially how to change from 3G to 2G and back in 2 minutes for free for 30 days). New does not always mean better, and it doesn't lessen the magic of what you have.

So enjoy your Bolds, use them, stop f'in with them all day, and READ the stickies, they have so much good info. Google works well also for answers, try it BEFORE you post the same thing for the 5000th time (OS 5.0), which I think many feel will be better than sex.

I LOVE MY BOLD, LOVE YOURS AS WELL.

Haha. Love it. Looks like RIM have found themselves a new PR man
    06-25-09 10:13 PM
    I have no complaints about mine. It has been great so far.

06-25-09 11:16 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's my actual phone being defective, not an issue that I can fix... I've done wipes and uninstalled programs and redone this and that... still poo for reception and poo for battery.

I DID, however, go in to AT&T the other day and found out there's a replacement center close by. So instead of dealing with Warranty Customer Care (crap!) I can just WALK IN! Very exciting. If I hear that woman say "Ma'am" one more time...
    So I got a new battery... 12 hours away from the charger and still half battery life left! Smiles around and hope has raised. Halleiluiah!

06-27-09 04:56 PM
    So I got a new battery... 12 hours away from the charger and still half battery life left! Smiles around and hope has raised. Halleiluiah!

Glad to hear that fixed your problem! Just got an extra battery and external charger for my Bold. Don't really need it as much as some people but I simply HATE having to charge my phone. So now I can swap the battery and then throw the used one in the charger. Loving my Bold more and more by the day!

06-27-09 06:53 PM
    It's not a rant at all, the posts are the rants. I was just pointing out that users should realize what a marvel they own. There was nothing angry there, just a bit of a wake up call.
    wake up call was done long time ago about BB so everyone should be happy with their BB and why worry about what to do with BB ? rants have become a regular in here so just simply ignore them and be yourself !
    06-27-09 06:57 PM
    I agree with what Sharke said EXACTLY. I'm mid 30's if that means anything.

What annoys me on CB (and it's my only gripe, and across any type of forum really) are the huge numbers of people that seemingly turn up with the attitude of wanting the world on a plate (and more often than not with a please or thank you).

Seriously, YOU spent a fair bit of wedge on a highly advanced - THE most advanced - smartphone. Next time you have a problem why don't YOU decide to open yourself up to a bit of learning and self-sufficiency!?! This site has masses and masses of information on how to get out of the deepest, darkest holes a BB user could find themselves in. Heck, there's even Google too.

Just search dammit.

Or buy a Nokia next time.
    06-27-09 07:10 PM
    I'm new to BB and found out about this site from a friend. I had some problems with stuff that was new to me. Nothing wrong with my BB. I just was unfamiliar. I posted questions, and people here gave me answers very quickly that fixed the issues.

I love this site! I am always learning something new from the experts here.

06-27-09 07:18 PM
    My only complaint are the Encyclopedia Britannica length posts.
    06-27-09 08:32 PM
    (OS 5.0), which I think many feel will be better than sex.
    +1

06-27-09 08:55 PM
    The Bold is a work of art I love it..

06-27-09 09:20 PM
    My only complaint are the Encyclopedia Britannica length posts.
    hilarious & ditto lol
    06-27-09 09:47 PM
    An anti-complaint.

A couple of weeks ago my Bold simply refused to wake one morning, like the screen was dead. One call to Orange UK and I had a replacement with me in 24hrs.

An upgrade to the latest OS and restore of backed up contacts etc and all was rosy.

Did I say the right things to a helpful person at Orange? Did I strike lucky? Are UK carriers better than elsewhere? I dunno.

06-28-09 08:14 AM
    I can't live without my bold. Enough Said.
    06-28-09 03:40 PM
    True.We take all for granted.
    06-29-09 02:17 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD