I am in the a/v business, and an engineer by training. I was reading some threads last night about possible new BB model for AT&T.

Do some of you realize what a piece of engineering marvel and magic you own? This little device can do what even 10 years ago would require a room full of gear, if even that would work.

You can play music, see videos, get emails, Twitter, make calls, play games, change themes, and on and on and on.

The Bold is a remarkable piece of gear, and I had the first Palm, which at the time was magic. No more appointment and phone book. I had more bottles of white out to change numbers (not nearly as many as now...home phone, work phone, home fax, work fax, emails 1,2,3, home address, work address, birthdays.....) you get the idea. You literally have the world in your pocket or holster.

The complaints are infantile.....my battery only lasts 24 hours, I can't tether to the space shuttle, I hate the name on the faceplate....and on, and on.

I learned ages ago as soon as you buy a piece of gear, another with some other feature will soon follow. The senior members of this forum post marvelous fixes for so many things (especially how to change from 3G to 2G and back in 2 minutes for free for 30 days). New does not always mean better, and it doesn't lessen the magic of what you have.

So enjoy your Bolds, use them, stop f'in with them all day, and READ the stickies, they have so much good info. Google works well also for answers, try it BEFORE you post the same thing for the 5000th time (OS 5.0), which I think many feel will be better than sex.

I LOVE MY BOLD, LOVE YOURS AS WELL.
    06-25-09 08:18 AM
    Don't tell me were gonna need a Bold rants and raves section...
    06-25-09 08:23 AM
    It's not a rant at all, the posts are the rants. I was just pointing out that users should realize what a marvel they own. There was nothing angry there, just a bit of a wake up call.
    06-25-09 08:27 AM
    I am in the a/v business, and an engineer by training. I was reading some threads last night about possible new BB model for AT&T.

Do some of you realize what a piece of engineering marvel and magic you own? This little device can do what even 10 years ago would require a room full of gear, if even that would work.

You can play music, see videos, get emails, Twitter, make calls, play games, change themes, and on and on and on.

The Bold is a remarkable piece of gear, and I had the first Palm, which at the time was magic. No more appointment and phone book. I had more bottles of white out to change numbers (not nearly as many as now...home phone, work phone, home fax, work fax, emails 1,2,3, home address, work address, birthdays.....) you get the idea. You literally have the world in your pocket or holster.

The complaints are infantile.....my battery only lasts 24 hours, I can't tether to the space shuttle, I hate the name on the faceplate....and on, and on.

I learned ages ago as soon as you buy a piece of gear, another with some other feature will soon follow. The senior members of this forum post marvelous fixes for so many things (especially how to change from 3G to 2G and back in 2 minutes for free for 30 days). New does not always mean better, and it doesn't lessen the magic of what you have.

So enjoy your Bolds, use them, stop f'in with them all day, and READ the stickies, they have so much good info. Google works well also for answers, try it BEFORE you post the same thing for the 5000th time (OS 5.0), which I think many feel will be better than sex.

LOL! Good one! I love it! x100000 to what you said, and that goes for almost all bb's, not just the 8900.

(i heard os 5.1 is being developed. The newest feature is, if your phone hears you whining about something insignificant, it bricks itself! )
    06-25-09 08:29 AM
    Love the the bold! Keeps my life organized and keeps me connected. No complaints!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 08:30 AM
    He's right. I worked in the cellular industry in the late 80's, early 90's and my first "mobile" phone was a bag you carried around. It was basically the entire setup that was mounted in your car put into a bag with a strap to carry on your shoulder. It was heavy, it was a bear to deal with, but I could stand on the corner and make calls at $5 a minute. I marvel at where cellular phones are nowadays.
    06-25-09 08:33 AM
    Still zack morris was so cool when he had that huge brick of a phone on saved by the bell.

06-25-09 08:36 AM
    In this same vein, I was also wondering why some people ae on here crying about how they stopped getting their e-mail and what can they possibly do to fix it. Seriously? If my mail stops (which it has), the FIRST thing I do is get on the line to my carrier's Blackberry support who have ALWAYS managed to get me righted. Why would you waste hours or days on this forumn when you can just pick up the phone and have them fix it? This site is great for all the wierd little things people want to do because CSR's rarely know the phones in that much detail but come on people. For major stoppages, call the carrier!
    P.S. to rfalter - Amen
    06-25-09 08:42 AM
    Thanks for the support!!!!!!!!
    06-25-09 08:45 AM
    I have to admit, this was great for a chuckle, now just to see how many folks take your advice onboard. Excellent observations though.
    06-25-09 08:49 AM
    First, I agree with the OP's statement. I would only add that the "what if it did...." is what drives innovation. Yep, most of it is just whining, however some are really good ideas. I have learned to ignore the whining.
    06-25-09 08:54 AM

Stop whining about the complaining, haven't you got anything more useful to do that you have to come on a forum to whinge?

06-25-09 09:47 AM
    (i heard os 5.1 is being developed. The newest feature is, if your phone hears you whining about something insignificant, it bricks itself! )
    Can I get that OS for my wife? Except maybe lock up the Credit Card instead...? I hate whining!

06-25-09 10:06 AM
    I would only add that the "what if it did...." is what drives innovation. Yep, most of it is just whining, however some are really good ideas.
    Absolutely agree with OP and BT's comment.
    As much as I hate the whining, some neat little apps have come to fruition as a result of incessant complaining OR simply, because someone wanted a feature that wasn't available out-of-the-box, but could have been.

06-25-09 10:09 AM
    I agree. I love my Bold.

On a lighter note, the Bold's camera sucks! Too bad RIM doesn't plan a device as big as the Bold but with a better camera... or do they?
    06-25-09 10:12 AM
    Dear RIM Customers,

We do not care whether or not you like the Bold. We will continue to make changes to our product and you will continue to buy them in return. Happy a happy day.

Sincerely,

RIM Customer Complaint Dept.
    06-25-09 10:31 AM
    Sticky this! All whining will refer to and will be redirected to this post lol

06-25-09 10:39 AM
    We can call it the Bitchin' Post.
    06-25-09 10:40 AM
    Don't tell me were gonna need a Bold rants and raves section...
    Sounds like a great idea.

By the way, I hate when I'm browsing on my BB inet and a text,IM, or email comes thru and the browser freezes.

Haha Good post OP and very true. I love my Bold & never take it for granted!!
    06-25-09 11:53 AM
    Complaining and wanting more is far, far better than living in denial...
    06-25-09 12:33 PM
    I guess my luck with this phone has just been crappy... I've already had a handset replacement and I'm getting a battery replacement. My calls are dropped and the sound quality is crap, and my battery lasts about 6 hours when it just sits there and gets emails and texts, no phone usage or browsing.

I have been looking at forums to find issues with this phone and have found non-issue threads like this... realizing I think I just get crap phones someone was stating their battery lasted 5 hours, watching streaming video with the volume at 80%. WHAT?! I want that! I think I'll do another switcheroo again in hopes I'll get the Bold that I'm supposed to get. The one that I dreamed about.
    06-25-09 12:48 PM
    I guess my luck with this phone has just been crappy... I've already had a handset replacement and I'm getting a battery replacement. My calls are dropped and the sound quality is crap, and my battery lasts about 6 hours when it just sits there and gets emails and texts, no phone usage or browsing.

I have been looking at forums to find issues with this phone and have found non-issue threads like this... realizing I think I just get crap phones someone was stating their battery lasted 5 hours, watching streaming video with the volume at 80%. WHAT?! I want that! I think I'll do another switcheroo again in hopes I'll get the Bold that I'm supposed to get. The one that I dreamed about.
    Start a thread and see if you can get it resolved.
    06-25-09 12:50 PM
    I <3 the Bold.

06-25-09 12:51 PM
    Start a thread and see if you can get it resolved.
    I'm pretty sure it's my actual phone being defective, not an issue that I can fix... I've done wipes and uninstalled programs and redone this and that... still poo for reception and poo for battery.

I DID, however, go in to AT&T the other day and found out there's a replacement center close by. So instead of dealing with Warranty Customer Care (crap!) I can just WALK IN! Very exciting. If I hear that woman say "Ma'am" one more time...
    06-25-09 12:54 PM
    So very true. Some people will be never be satisfied. However, if they were without the phone period, they'd be some sad.

Dear RIM Customers,

We do not care whether or not you like the Bold. We will continue to make changes to our product and you will continue to buy them in return. Happy a happy day.

Sincerely,

RIM Customer Complaint Dept.
    06-25-09 12:58 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD