just wondering if there is something i can do to lock my phone if it ever got stolen? some remote trigger?
    06-29-09 09:41 AM
    Here's one a few. They all run in the background and all use memory and battery. I would suggest setting a password. After 10 tries the device wipes itself.

Blackberry: BlackBerry Bold 9000: SMobile Security Shield for BlackBerry by SMobile Systems for BlackBerry Bold 9000
    06-29-09 10:18 AM
    Roblock does what you are asking.
    06-29-09 12:28 PM
    Just set a password like bt suggested.
    06-29-09 03:28 PM
    Yeah there is a few that can easily be googled, but locking your BB is the way to go.

You could be allowing your personal info to be accessed if you don't have a passcode.
    06-29-09 03:31 PM
    Smart Guard

This is what I have. I really like it. I even does automatic sync OTA every night, so I don't have to worry about connecting it to my PC every day. Plus, it offers more than just remote lock.

It is subscription based, but worth it to me for the peace of mind.
    06-29-09 04:14 PM
    Smart Guard

This is what I have. I really like it. I even does automatic sync OTA every night, so I don't have to worry about connecting it to my PC every day. Plus, it offers more than just remote lock.

It is subscription based, but worth it to me for the peace of mind.
    My trial of Smrtguard showed that remote lock just did a keypad lock, enabling the phone to be unlocked by anyone with 2 key presses, so definitely not an alternative for password protection!
    Roblock does a full lock whether or not password protection is set.
    06-29-09 05:07 PM
    [QUOTE=bt224;2914317]Here's one a few. They all run in the background and all use memory and battery. I would suggest setting a password. After 10 tries the device wipes itself.

You can also set it at a different number. I have mine set at 5 if I cant type my own password...................
    06-29-09 05:55 PM
    I tried to get RobLock (v2.0.8) to work on a Storm 9530. I eventually gave up. IMHO, this product is not ready for the touch screen. I had to try several times before I could get the cursor into the text boxes that have to be filled in (e.g. password). Ultimately I could not select and click on one of the submit buttons and that is where I quit. I would be interested to hear if anyone else succeeded.
    Last edited by gcraigm; 06-30-09 at 11:43 PM. Reason: typo
    06-30-09 11:43 PM
    My trial of Smrtguard showed that remote lock just did a keypad lock, enabling the phone to be unlocked by anyone with 2 key presses, so definitely not an alternative for password protection!
    Roblock does a full lock whether or not password protection is set.
    This is true but everyone should have a password set so you would not have this problem. I have my pw set for 1hr. So I probably enter it only once or twice a day.

Smrtguard works great for me. The remote listen, tracking, backup, wipe and follow me features are great. Although roblock offers some of these too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 11:50 PM
    bt224 what do you personally use in addition to being password protected?
    07-01-09 07:36 PM
    Check out bak2u too. I'm using it and it only runs at bootup, then shuts itself down if it recognizes the sim card, which you can set in the settings. So no running in the background eating memory/battery.

If a non-recognised sim card is detected on bootup, you can set it to do a couple of things.

For me I set it to send my friend a silent sms with the sim card's details. So I'll have the number and sim card details of the person holding my Bold.
    07-02-09 01:07 AM
    Check out bak2u too. I'm using it and it only runs at bootup, then shuts itself down if it recognizes the sim card, which you can set in the settings. So no running in the background eating memory/battery.

If a non-recognised sim card is detected on bootup, you can set it to do a couple of things.

For me I set it to send my friend a silent sms with the sim card's details. So I'll have the number and sim card details of the person holding my Bold.
    That sounds like a interesting security app...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD