I have a question, my bold I purchased it in Feb. and now the trackball is currently an ugly yellowish color, I guess the ball was never white to begin with. So my question is, are some of your track ball still white as in it looks like the first day you guys got it, or has changed colors?

Ugh currently getting another bold through rogers under warranty, because of track ball issues, is it wise to bring it to a store for them to clean it out or just get a new refurb bold all together?

1) How long have you had your bold?

2) Did your track ball changed color

Reason i'm asking this question is I notice some bolds trackball just stay clean white, maybe the user keeps it clean but i doubt that.
    08-18-09 06:15 PM
    Out of all the people I know who have bolds, not one has managed to keep their trackball pure white. It's only natural for the trackball to become a brownish colour. Mine did 2 months after I bought the bold, so I decided to buy a black g1 trackball along with a black bezel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 06:36 PM
    Even if you keep your hands clean, the trackball will yellowish or brown over time. As long as the trackballs works fine, I would not even mess with it. You may exchange for a reburbed and then it doesnt work right. If it aint broke, dont try fixing it.
    08-18-09 06:40 PM
    got mine last december. but the weird thing was mine was already a blackball but it would light up white... i loved it, but just recently it became unresponsive so i bought a black one, not knowing that the blackones dont light up.. so i went to a normal white one... but its still white.. its been around 1 month now..
    08-18-09 06:41 PM
    also another question... would buying the "atomic black trackball" resolve this issue?

as the 8900 doesn't have as much trackball issue as the bold does. any experience with anyone switch the trackball to the atomic trackball and it working alot better with lesser issues?
    08-18-09 07:04 PM
    Its really not a atomic trackball. I have used the 8900 TB and the first one had had did not scroll well and then I gota another and it worked great. But you have to take your device apart to do that and if there is any evidence of you taking it apart or the white warranty sticker rips when you remove it, your warranty is toast.
    08-18-09 07:08 PM
    Its really not a atomic trackball. I have used the 8900 TB and the first one had had did not scroll well and then I gota another and it worked great. But you have to take your device apart to do that and if there is any evidence of you taking it apart or the white warranty sticker rips when you remove it, your warranty is toast.

yeah i know the atomic trackball is not really the "atomic trackball" lol. thats why i quoted it....

but in addition to your post, your saying that you had the scroll issue also and changed the trackball to the black one that the 8900 uses and its been working flawlessly?

bah i really love the bold, but hate it at the same time!
    08-18-09 07:11 PM
    yeah i know the atomic trackball is not really the "atomic trackball" lol. thats why i quoted it....

but in addition to your post, your saying that you had the scroll issue also and changed the trackball to the black one that the 8900 uses and its been working flawlessly?

bah i really love the bold, but hate it at the same time!
    I never had scolling issues with the white trackball. I just changed it since I like the black one but the first black one had issues and the second didnt. There is always the possibility of a bad track ball. Not every one will work properly. I think thats a good reason why RIM is going to the trackpad on newer devices like the 8520 and 9700
    08-18-09 07:16 PM
    There's nothing you can do for a discolored track ball and no store will clean it out for you. You can either get a warranty exchange if the trackball isn't working correctly or you can replace it with a black G1 trackball and never worry about getting it discolored.

08-18-09 07:19 PM
    yeah warranty phone should be coming in... going with the warranty might as well use it while i have it.
    08-18-09 07:36 PM
    yeah warranty phone should be coming in... going with the warranty might as well use it while i have it.
    Thats is a good idea. At least you will have no worries if you take your Bold apart and something bad happens.
    08-18-09 07:49 PM
    Yup hoping the replacement will be great. As the only issue I've had with the bold mechanically is the trackball. Everything has worked like a charm. When my warranty is over I'll most likely start modding my bold.

Cheers
    08-18-09 08:13 PM
    Mine currently looks blueish-gray as a result of being worn in a jeans pocket. And my Bold is only a week and a half old....I can't even imagine what the trackball will look like in a year. Probably blacker than Barack Obama, lol.
    08-18-09 08:45 PM
    Mine currently looks blueish-gray as a result of being worn in a jeans pocket. And my Bold is only a week and a half old....I can't even imagine what the trackball will look like in a year. Probably blacker than Barack Obama, lol.
    That's not funny at all!

08-18-09 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD