Hey guys,

I've been using an iPhone 3gs last few months but lately I've been dying to get a Blackberry. I'm pretty sick of my iPhone because these things are so fragile and I never really loved touchscreen.
    The problem is that I don't really have too much money to spend on a new phone since I can't sell my iPhone (my sister wants to use it and obviously I won't ask her to pay for it).
    This is how I came up with the idea to get a secondhand BB Bold 9000. The thing is that I'm scared that it won't meet with the functionality of my iPhone.

This is 2011 and I was wondering if the 9000 will still be as slick in running the websites + youtube that I usually do on the iPhone.
    Is it worth getting the 9000 or should I save up for the upcoming 9900 (which I think will be a little overpriced here in Belgium)
    08-31-11 06:33 AM
    It will not be able to play youtube well.

It will also not be very good as using wifi.

I'd keep saving up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 06:37 AM
    Honestly, the 9000 is a dependable phone
    If you want email, bbm, messaging, basic Internet, google maps, it is a great option
    If you want graphic intensive apps then wait for a current BB which will be more advanced than almost any other phone coming out.
    08-31-11 09:59 PM
    Thanks guys for the fast replies!
    Mandony, when you say basic internet, would that include loadling sites like us.blackberry.com? (because thats a pretty heavy site to load on my 3gs)
    I don't think I really need youtube that much, but will it take care of the more basic social networking (facebook, twitter)?
    09-01-11 10:12 AM
    It will not be able to play youtube well.

It will also not be very good as using wifi.

I'd keep saving up.

I don't know what experience you have but I watch youtube movies on my bold I save youtube movies to my memchip
    Wifi is working great.
    Always has a good 3G signal even in my house.
    With my DelftEo hybrid browsing is faster then fast.
    My first bb is a bold 9000 and I use it more often then my pc.
    It has a great big lcd to watch movies the keyboard is fast to use.
    So I can not think of something negative for this bold9000
    It has a good housing.
    So tell me something.

Enjoy DelftEo

Last edited by delfteo; 09-01-11 at 11:19 AM.
    09-01-11 11:17 AM
    BB9000,Is a real phone i think. IPHONE is like a plaything,it waste too much time and i feel i am wasting time when using iphone.
    09-08-11 03:08 AM
    I'd say the Bold 9000 is indeed a good device and a worthy upgrade but if you can spare a little more go for the 9700 which is indeed a wonderful device.
    09-08-11 03:24 AM
    +1 to what others have said about the 9000. That was my first BB experience. My needs in social networking and internet browsing are not large. As a messaging device, Twitter, and light internet the phone is wonderful. That keyboard is one of BB's best ever. The 9700 has some better functions and better battery life for a few more dollars. Both are good devices in their own right.
    09-08-11 06:43 AM
    If you want to spare some money get the Bold 9000 at ebay, they are sold for a reasonable price. The 9900 is too expensive, at least for me.
    09-16-11 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD