Hi everyone. My Bold 9780 came with v6.0.0.285. Now I've done some research to know that this is pretty dang old. Just wondering if I should update to .600 that was released from SPRINT?

What are the advantages of .600 over .285? cause when these OS' get released, theres never any changelog to show what's been updated, so I'm a little weary of updating atm since my phone works fine. Any suggestions? Thanks
    07-07-11 12:30 PM
    Sprint is for the 9650. .600 for the 9780 is from Vodafone DE, there's a thread for it here.

Yup,no changelog. You just have to load it and check for the usability yourself or read the findings others post

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-07-11 12:39 PM
    I'm sure there are things different, will you notice them? Not necessarily. If you want you could try it and see what happens but if your device is running fine, I'd probably not worry. There are people here that will probably tell you to upgrade saying ver. x is so much better but doesn't mean it will be for you or if you'll even benefit from it. I'm not telling NOT to upgrade but if you don't want to test and worry about downgrading if something breaks, then I'd stay with .285 but if you're game, by all means go download away and have fun!
    07-07-11 12:47 PM
    The things different in higher OS's are better battery usage, less memory leak, better stability etc.
    07-07-11 12:49 PM
    The things different in higher OS's are better battery usage, less memory leak, better stability etc.
    Have you noticed changes personally? Right now my bold lasts about a day and a half sometimes even a full day on moderate usage (bbm, txt, email, downloads etc). If the newer os's offer better battery, then i'm all for it.
    07-07-11 01:00 PM
    The browser in .285 was riddled with bugs... that is one thing you WILL notice when/if you upgrade
    07-07-11 01:33 PM
    Have you noticed changes personally? Right now my bold lasts about a day and a half sometimes even a full day on moderate usage (bbm, txt, email, downloads etc). If the newer os's offer better battery, then i'm all for it.
    Well with .546 I got a solid 2 days with heavy usage, I'm on .600 and I just upgraded so its too early to tell.
    07-07-11 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD