I am sure there are already threads about this, but I didn't want to hijack someones thread.

I believe I am in a state of Analysis Paralysis.

I am currently on month 16 of using my Blackberry Storm 1 on Verizon. I was told by Verizon I can upgrade for an extra $20 or so and get the NE2 price because I am on a family share plan. I am very anxious to do so, even with leaked OS's, hybrids and all the tricks I read here on crackberry, my Storm 1 really hasn't lived up to my expectations.

I am considering the 9650 and the Incredible. I use my phone as a mixture of buisness and pleasure, often responding to work e-mails or looking at PDF's and PPT's my boss or co-workers send along. Currently I have 4 e-mail accounts going to my Storm. I also use the Sirius/XM app and Skype to make international calls. I like to browse the web, but have issues doing so in an effective manner on my blackberry. I use google maps frequently. I travel 3-4 times a year to Japan and South Korea, sometimes I travel to Russia and Europe but it is rare.

I have been carefully considering the Incredible, it looks great but I have a small feeling I'd be a bit disappointed with it. I won't have service with it if I went to Russia or Europe (but that's very rare), and I am apprehensive about the battery life and my ability to type e-mails. The Motorola Droid is not a consideration for me because I do not like the physical keyboard it has, the Incredibles on screen keyboard is superior in my mind.

On the blackberry side I am considering the Bold 9650. The ability to handle e-mails looks great and I get worldphone capability. I get inferior GPS navigation and web browsing but I can type e-mails easier with the true keyboard. It just feels like the Bold is just a rehashed Tour, an upgrade from where I am now for sure, but not an upgrade over other offerings on the market. I am afraid I will feel outdated in a months time.

I am not really sure what to do. I almost ordered the 9650 today, but I know I will hate the web browsing on it. I do like to lay in bed in the morning and pop up the news or sports before I get my day rolling... What do you guys suggest? Tell me which phone to get :P
    06-03-10 10:49 AM
    im not an expert on either phone, but i considered getting the incredible as well. i ultimately decided against it bc i need the physical keyboard, and more importantly (and it sounds quite relevant to you as well), the incredible is not a global phone. so if you're travelling a lot, the bold sounds like the better option. esp bc of the battery life issues that also scared me away from the incredible
    06-03-10 10:56 AM
    incredible has a not so incredible battery life
    06-03-10 11:08 AM
    From what you decribed as your needs, no question the Bold is the better fit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 11:15 AM
    I speak from experience, from just upgrading from the Tour to the Bold 9650 - it is an incredible device. I highly recommend.
    06-03-10 11:21 AM
    Is the 9650 really up to date though? It seems almost outdated as soon as it is released. It also has the same terrible web browsing all blackberries suffer from. In Japan and Korea, a phone doesn't need to be a worldphone to work fine. I've had perfectly fine EVDO-Rev A service there..
    06-03-10 11:22 AM
    I understand your concerns. The Bold is perfect as a messaging phone but the browser leaves much to be desired. I waffled for a while last night, but i went ahead and ordered the Bold anyway. Nothing in life is perfect. That applies to cars, vacuum cleaners, and people. I have mitigated the browser problem with using a BB by also carrying an ipod touch. Between the two devices it works out for me.

Consider the fact that it looks like the Bold will be able at some point in the future to use OS 6 and web kit browser. That's something to keep in mind. Whatever you decide, good luck to you.
    06-03-10 11:23 AM
    Have you tried 3rd party browsers?
    Opera Mini is a little slow for me, but I'm still on an 8330m.

06-03-10 11:46 AM
    I have used the new version of Opera mini on my Storm, it didn't work great. I had issues with the page only rendering on half the screen and scroll and zoom problems. I am currently using Bolt. Seems both of these browsers are behind what the Incredible can do.
    06-03-10 12:10 PM
    It sounds like you want to and should try the Incredible out first.It does have a web browser that's second to none on VZW. Now will that overcome it's other shortcomings? Only you can answer that.At least give it the 30 day test drive.

06-03-10 12:40 PM
    well, I find the browser very adequate for what I do. Because I have 3 laptops in our house and many at work, really how long am I going to be surfing the web on a phone, or how long is anyone? that's what netbooks or laptops are for
    06-03-10 12:45 PM
    well, I find the browser very adequate for what I do. Because I have 3 laptops in our house and many at work, really how long am I going to be surfing the web on a phone, or how long is anyone? that's what netbooks or laptops are for
    If you have a better browser, you will surf more. Trust me.
    06-03-10 12:59 PM
    It sounds to me like the Bold would be the best solution. Recognizing that the browser is lacking, you will have the option to use Wi-Fi as an alternative and you will also ge getting OS 6 with the webkit in a few months.

I don't like the touch keyboards so the Bold with a real keyboard works for me.
    06-03-10 01:01 PM
    +1

I use my MacBook and Dell laptop for surfing the web and watching online videos such as YouTube and Hulu.
    06-03-10 01:34 PM
    Hahaha wow you sound like me. It seems like a lot of people are in the same boat we are. (Storm 1 owners deciding between Bold and Incredible). I had a droid, but returned it, partly because of the form factor. Here's what I'm gunna do, which I think anyone should that is considering between these two phones.

Buy the Incredible, give it 25 days, see if you like it. If not, we can return the Incredible, get the Bold, and even get some of our money back. Either way, you won't be wondering "what if I would have gone with the Incredible". (We already have an idea of what Blackberry's like)
    06-03-10 04:15 PM
    The battery is not an issue unless for those that want to make an issue. And if that is the only problem, mission solved with just upgrading the battery. BTW, 9650 is said to have the same issue compared to the 9700

incredible has a not so incredible battery life
    06-03-10 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD