So I love tech gadgets. I have an iPhone 5, nexus 4, and recently picked up a used bold 9930. This is my second bold because I bought it when it first came out. I think it's kinda nice having blackberry around these when you just need a break from technology and just simplify things a bit. Anyways I noticed gmail sync issues still exist which is just so disappointing. It seems to work okay as long as I am checking all emails from the BB device but if I get a new email and check it from my iPad, the BB just sits there with the light blinking and the email remains unread. I hope I'm doing something wrong because I remember having the same issue years ago. Just wondering if it's been fixed.
    10-05-13 10:33 AM
    Hmmm, i don't have that problem on my Z10. When I open on my ipad it changes on my Z.
    Weird.
    Maybe it's the lack of BIS that helps me. I dunno.
    10-05-13 10:51 AM
    Hmmm, i don't have that problem on my Z10. When I open on my ipad it changes on my Z.
    Weird.
    Maybe it's the lack of BIS that helps me. I dunno.
    Yeah, it's because bb10 is using activesync
    10-05-13 11:04 AM
    The two-way sync was officially removed by Google two years ago. It can only sync both ways when the BlackBerry 7.1 (or earlier) device opens the messages. If you open an email on another device, it doesn't register as being 'read' on the BlackBerry.

That functionality was removed two years ago and isn't coming back. Solution: open your emails first on your BlackBerry.
    thevacantsoul likes this.
    10-05-13 03:30 PM