I was told on friday by our corporate rogers rep not until OCTOBER!!!!
    Then Rogers will be getting them approximately 30 days prior to AT&T and the CMDA folks....
    ...I'm on the hook for two Bold touch units when they eventually get here.
    ...And when an employee of BB in the presence of a carrier rep says what time the units will be available for the end user.
    ...I'm thinking it's a safe bet.

If the thing has VVM & can shoot HD video that would be good enough for me...
    ...I've currently got the Bold 9650 and other the lack of VVM it's done a great job for me.
    ...RIMS job now should be HAMMERING APPS, just the basic 101 sort of APPS that everyone uses that makes their life better.
    ...Until they get that through their head it's going to be a very slow blood bath.

Rim is a textbook example of a solid company......
    ...And sometimes with old money ( just like what they say about dinosaurs ).
    ...It takes a long time for the signal to get to the brain that the body is damaged.
    ...Let's hope RIM get's on their app "problem" and fast.
    ...Before the signal goes from a damaged one to dead.

Oh, and I would lay odds that the 5MP camera on the new BB Bold will hands down out-perform the 8MP on any iphones or Droids.
    06-28-11 05:45 PM
    Folks, some updates from a colleague that works for RIM in the certification department. The BOLD Touch is ready for "mass" deliveries from RIM's perspective and the delay is from the carriers (might be a bias comment from my colleague, considering that he works for RIM) as he informed me that the carriers are still testing the darn device.
    He also informed me that within his campus, the BOLD Touch has already been given the thumbs up from over 100 internal testers (Test Eng, DEVs, Quality Eng, Admins etc...) So no more tweaks, upgrades, fine tuning, this thing is ready to go.

I had a chance to play with this device and it is quite impressive. Sleek, the thinnest BB yet and the bezel is all aluminum (not plastic). OS is super fast and responsive, which we tested by scrolling from top of our newest email to the oldest (deleted all emails, leaving only 200 in the inbox and it smoked my Torch).
    Only problem I had, is trying to get use to the touch screen as it is half the size of a Torch/Storm and you can imagine the deficiencies of that (1 small swipe and already out of the screen real-estate!) I was using the touch pad more than the screen.

No offense (avid BB user myself) but definitely not ground breaking and didn't entice me to upgrade at this time.
    06-28-11 06:59 PM
    Folks, some updates from a colleague that works for RIM in the certification department. The BOLD Touch is ready for "mass" deliveries from RIM's perspective and the delay is from the carriers (might be a bias comment from my colleague, considering that he works for RIM) as he informed me that the carriers are still testing the darn device.
    He also informed me that within his campus, the BOLD Touch has already been given the thumbs up from over 100 internal testers (Test Eng, DEVs, Quality Eng, Admins etc...) So no more tweaks, upgrades, fine tuning, this thing is ready to go.

I had a chance to play with this device and it is quite impressive. Sleek, the thinnest BB yet and the bezel is all aluminum (not plastic). OS is super fast and responsive, which we tested by scrolling from top of our newest email to the oldest (deleted all emails, leaving only 200 in the inbox and it smoked my Torch).
    Only problem I had, is trying to get use to the touch screen as it is half the size of a Torch/Storm and you can imagine the deficiencies of that (1 small swipe and already out of the screen real-estate!) I was using the touch pad more than the screen.

No offense (avid BB user myself) but definitely not ground breaking and didn't entice me to upgrade at this time.
    People are still on the bashing wagon that it's RIM that is holding up the release, which is not the case. It's the carriers, who want to certify the device for their system(s) - the device is ready to ship once the go ahead is given.

Good news from your RIM contact.
    06-28-11 07:37 PM
    My honest "guess" given the information I've been given is that the end user whereas Sprint is concerned....
    ...Will have the device in November of this year - ready to sell...
    ...I would absolutely love it if the info I got was wrong and it was early.

I've been on a 9650 with Sprint that does not have VVM when it appears every other carrier pushed that packet to it's customers....
    ...With the VM I get everday VVM will be very handy.

Does anyone know what people are saying about the Battery?
    ...And how the life will compare to the 9650?
    06-29-11 02:36 AM
    Maybe I'm too positive and I am ignoring the facts but I still find it hard to believe that this phone is still almost 2 months away from launching here on ATT and VZW. From the videos we have seen leaking, especially the last one with the guy from RIM, this phone looks complete. Why would it take so long to get it out??? I really don't get it. Do the carriers test it and then place the order to build or is RIM manufacturing them as they are being tested already? I am hoping that we are all surprised and that it launches sometime in the next few weeks in July.

Can anyone give some insight into this? To say I am anxious is a huge understatement.
    Mid August for all 3 new phones!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 08:07 PM
    Mid August for all 3 new phones!

Wonder why they haven't anounced the other 2
    06-29-11 08:22 PM
    Put yourself in the shoes of a carrier - what's the hurry to certify a new BB? They make money from data not devices. The BB does not consume anywhere near the data volume an iPhone can get through and a lot of corporations are quietly moving towards iPhone in place of BB for email etc because their users are demanding it. If I were selling data I would rather engineer things so that maybe the new BB would come out smack in the middle of the new iPhone launch or the new iOS at least - say October?
    06-29-11 09:13 PM
    Put yourself in the shoes of a carrier - what's the hurry to certify a new BB? They make money from data not devices. The BB does not consume anywhere near the data volume an iPhone can get through and a lot of corporations are quietly moving towards iPhone in place of BB for email etc because their users are demanding it. If I were selling data I would rather engineer things so that maybe the new BB would come out smack in the middle of the new iPhone launch or the new iOS at least - say October?
    ? The BB data plans are priced in parity with the iOS and Android plans. So what the carriers should be wanting is people to buy BlackBerries and also the expensive data plans (which are required). Then the carriers get paid and their network gets taxed less in terms of traffic. Thereby allowing them to stuff more devices onto it without upgrading the infrastructure.

Yes you have some customers that are clever enough to know that BlackBerries/BIS use data compression, and thus they could get buy with lower priced data plans. But, probably not that many. Not unless the sales person points that out.
    06-29-11 09:21 PM
    People are still on the bashing wagon that it's RIM that is holding up the release, which is not the case. It's the carriers, who want to certify the device for their system(s) - the device is ready to ship once the go ahead is given.

Good news from your RIM contact.
    RIM should sell this phone (and any other thats ready for release) direct to the consumers now, unlocked and unsubsidised to those who want the bold now and cant wait for the carriers

06-30-11 07:49 AM
    I think RIM is the reason for the hold out. For weeks my Verizon Rep has been trying to get the 9930 in my hands. I just got it yesterday. It is nice and solid, but so was the playbook. I think RIM lerned from that and understand the need for quality apps to hit the ground running. I think that is the hold up. Plus where the **** is HOTSPOT
    06-30-11 08:53 AM
    umm u have the 9930? tell me how i can get it froms sprint please?
    06-30-11 09:09 AM
    RIM should sell this phone (and any other thats ready for release) direct to the consumers now, unlocked and unsubsidised to those who want the bold now and cant wait for the carriers

Yeah let them sell it now so you & others can be thoroughly disappointed. Carriers want to sell you devices & have you use their services. If it was truly "Ready" don't you think some carrier/s, any carrier would have released it by now? The devices have been manufactured. As RIM said, they're just waiting on carrier certification.

So I guess it's just a worldwide conspiracy by all of the carriers not to release the BT yet huh?

I assure you it's not. Contrary to other reports it's NOT ready yet. This is completely new hardware & semi new software.

It'll be released when its working properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-30-11 09:09 AM
    umm u have the 9930? tell me how i can get it froms sprint please?
    Yes, I am actually replying with it. I got it from my corporate verizon rep to try.

06-30-11 09:16 AM
    Yeah let them sell it now so you & others can be thoroughly disappointed. Carriers want to sell you devices & have you use their services. If it was truly "Ready" don't you think some carrier/s, any carrier would have released it by now? The devices have been manufactured. As RIM said, they're just waiting on carrier certification.

So I guess it's just a worldwide conspiracy by all of the carriers not to release the BT yet huh?

I assure you it's not. Contrary to other reports it's NOT ready yet. This is completely new hardware & semi new software.

It'll be released when its working properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. They learned from the playbook

06-30-11 09:18 AM
    if you're not going to tell me how i can get one to "try", at least give us a bit of a review? especially battery life?
    06-30-11 09:18 AM
    if you're not going to tell me how i can get one to "try", at least give us a bit of a review? especially battery life?
    I did tell you. Go through your corporate phone rep. If you don't have one, then I think there is no luck.

I just got it yesterday so I can not tell you much about battery life. I can tell you angrybird on the web does not work lol

Is there anything you want me to try?
    06-30-11 09:26 AM
    is there a cost for trying this phone? and do you have to return after a certain amount of time?

i'm currently on android and the facebook app just kills the battery. the one on BT doesnt do that right?

also is web browsing (which i'm scared to do on my android for the sake of battery) as good as they make it seem?
    06-30-11 09:36 AM
    There was no cost, and I have it until sometime next week.

It appears there is no flash on the phone. I think a lot of your problem in FB and the web is flash. The big issue with flash is the battery drain. I would try disabling or uninstalling flash off the phone and see what happens

Bettery at the moment seem to be decent.
    I am sure nothing like my storm 2 which is running a hybrid OS 5 and a lot of days I average about 3 1/2 - 4 % drain an hour. So I can usually get a 24 hours before the phone dies
    06-30-11 09:46 AM
    appreciate the info.
    last question - do you use gmail? I have several "labels" or different folders in gmail and i filter tons of messages into different labels. i have an app on my android that will tell me which label got a new email. can the BT do that?
    06-30-11 09:51 AM
    appreciate the info.
    last question - do you use gmail? I have several "labels" or different folders in gmail and i filter tons of messages into different labels. i have an app on my android that will tell me which label got a new email. can the BT do that?
    Unfortunate I do not have a gmail ... Sorry, but unless someone dev an app to do that I think it won't. It does do that with any other of the many emails I have
    06-30-11 10:36 AM
    So we have a couple of people saying the last week in July for Verizon. ATT rumors for mid-August and dates in September for the UK. With a lot of these phones popping up in the forum I am hoping that it is sooner than later. Maybe it can be pushed up.
    07-08-11 02:44 PM
    So we have a couple of people saying the last week in July for Verizon. ATT rumors for mid-August and dates in September for the UK. With a lot of these phones popping up in the forum I am hoping that it is sooner than later. Maybe it can be pushed up.
    Last week in July on Verizon would shock me (in a very good way) but my gut tells me Aug.

I will be overseas in mid Aug, so if my luck holds that's when it will come out
    07-09-11 08:46 AM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD