Don't think this has been posted on here yet, but might be of interest:

RIM to step up 'consumer' BlackBerry push.

RIM chiefs have told shareholders it will step up its drive into the ‘lifestyle’ market.

The company has already launched a ‘BlackBerry for life’ campaign that sends the message that the device is more than just a emailer.
    Co-CEO Jim Balsillie said: "I think the image is definitely a friendly one, a lifestyle one, a convenience and emotional one, a pleasurable one, so there's a play element to it and a lifestyle element as well as a work and a productivity element."

All eyes are on RIM with the iPhone making such a huge impact. The firm believes it will ship its 40 millionth BlackBerry in the next quarter, and will launch its new 3G BlackBerry Bold device later this summer.

RIM earned $482.5 million in the quarter ended May 31, up from $223.2 million a year ago, but earnings were down.

(Quote taken from 'Mobile Entertainment').
    07-16-08 12:16 PM
    I don't believe so, but nice find. They're really going to start pushing Blackberry for life campaign. GJ.
    07-16-08 12:19 PM
    very nice
    07-16-08 12:22 PM
    Let's hope they keep this promise and that it's released before summer ends..
    07-16-08 12:25 PM
    Cool indeed but I dont want everyone to have a bb. I appreciate the exclusivity of it. If I spelled that right.
    07-16-08 12:25 PM
    Sounds like good news to me. As RIM moves into the consumer market their target audience increases which increases sales. But I'm certain they'll remain loyal to their business roots; their consumer endeavors will only increase revenue and help both sides of the business.
    07-16-08 12:45 PM
    @ cutdacheck:

If you haven't noticed, BB is not nearly as exclusive as they used to be. I realized this when my 16 yr old little brothers friends came over to the house and they were rocking pearls..... The BB went from being strictly a business tool to being a mainstream smart phone long before now...
    07-16-08 12:59 PM
    Out here in Africa sales on BlackBerry's has really picked up since going more onto the multimedia route.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-08 02:28 PM
    Everybody should have a blackberry!
    07-16-08 02:43 PM
    Everybody should have a blackberry!
    ... and so say all of us!
    Last edited by Montala; 07-16-08 at 03:33 PM.
    07-16-08 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD