Can CB users PLEASE post their 9900/9930 state of health for Battery from their e-screens?

Mine has awful battery duration and quick discharge especially on active 3g use,
    and e-screens show Battery State of Health - 4%

Phone is 3 days old (in my hands' not carrier warehouse time).

To get to Escreens and see State of Health for battery, you will need to generate ecreens access key.
    How to generate access key to get into e-screen:
    How to determine Blackberry MEP and calculate Esreen key | Engineering menu | Escreen generator

in E-screens it's under "OS Engineering Screens" -> " Battery " -> "Battery Monitoring Screen"

4% battery state of health seems strangely low to me, for a bran new phone with virtually no usage.

Thank you
    Last edited by rubiohiguey; 03-03-12 at 02:42 AM.
    03-03-12 02:04 AM
    Not sure about how to do the above but I'm worried about my battery life, I've had it less than two days and after using it properly yesterday, I got up at 630am used it on and off allay and by 430pm the battery was at 20% ? I'm coming from an iPhone 4 and that with heavy use lasted almost all day well at least 12 hours!!
    For a brand new phone with light use is this right or should I be on my way back to the carrier ?.
    At this rate the phone won't even last a day - id have to carry two batteries around with me.
    Not really happy!!!
    03-03-12 02:31 AM
    @ Mikeossy80 - follow the link in my post, follow the steps there to get to escreens. You will find state of health battery data there.
    03-03-12 02:40 AM
    Can CB users PLEASE post their 9900/9930 state of health for Battery from their e-screens?

Mine has awful battery duration and quick discharge especially on active 3g use,
    and e-screens show Battery State of Health - 4%

Phone is 3 days old (in my hands' not carrier warehouse time).

To get to Escreens and see State of Health for battery, you will need to generate ecreens access key.
    How to generate access key to get into e-screen:
    How to determine Blackberry MEP and calculate Esreen key | Engineering menu | Escreen generator

in E-screens it's under "OS Engineering Screens" -> " Battery " -> "Battery Monitoring Screen"

4% battery state of health seems strangely low to me, for a bran new phone with virtually no usage.

Thank you
    Initially, I was worried about about this Battery State of Health but there is an easy way to make it to 100%.

First, do a battery pull. Upon reboot, your battery state will be at 0%. Drain the phone until its Red and recharge it to full. Then you'll get 100%.

I dont really know what it is but I assume its some kind of battery calibration. Its nothing big and I am sure it will not greatly impact on your battery usage.

- Charles
    03-03-12 09:54 AM
    why do you need to access the engg screen for battery monitoring when there's a Battery monitoring system inbuilt into the OS 7.1 for 9900 ?
    options > device > Adv Sys Settings > BB Device Analyser

Just activate the Battery Monitor, (Battery Tests > Battery Draining too quickly ...)

and see the results for a day. If not happy,

run down the phone till it shuts-off the network and then charge it to Full-charge

================================================== =============

I did that a few days back and am currently doing 3.0% per hour (avg results). A definite improvement for me
    03-03-12 10:18 AM
    I dont really know what it is but I assume its some kind of battery calibration. Its nothing big and I am sure it will not greatly impact on your battery usage.
    My battery drain is 1% per MINUTE when actively using 3G and about 0.7% when using GPRS - which by speed difference makes much more sense to use 3G because a page 3G can load 10 pages in a minute, while GPRS would load maybe 2. So total battery drain for the fixed browsing volume of e.g. 10 pages is higher on GPRS/2G (10/2=5 *0.7 = 3.5%) than on 3G (1*1=1%). Also 4% per hour wifi radio drain with no cellphone radio on and absolutely no BB usage with no apps running. That is my case.
    Last edited by rubiohiguey; 03-03-12 at 10:52 AM.
    03-03-12 10:49 AM
    My battery drain is 1% per MINUTE when actively using 3G and about 0.7% when using GPRS - which by speed difference makes much more sense to use 3G because a page 3G can load 10 pages in a minute, while GPRS would load maybe 2. So total battery drain for the fixed browsing volume of e.g. 10 pages is higher on GPRS/2G (10/2=5 *0.7 = 3.5%) than on 3G (1*1=1%). Also 4% per hour wifi radio drain with no cellphone radio on and absolutely no BB usage with no apps running. That is my case.
    ??

How is this related to the state of health battery issue under engineering screen?

- Charles
    Last edited by chaddeus; 03-03-12 at 11:02 AM.
    03-03-12 10:59 AM
    Just calibrate your battery by running it down completely till the phone loses network and shuts it down. Then - plug in the charger and just sit back till Full Charge (green LED).

Try it - your battery life will improve (hopefully). Mine did.

(forget all those engg screens etc ... they wont help) Keep the inbuilt battery analyzer ON
    03-03-12 11:09 AM
    At this rate the phone won't even last a day - id have to carry two batteries around with me.
    You shouldn't be happy but at least you can carry spare batteries with you, unlike your previous phone.
    03-03-12 11:57 AM
    State of health 93%

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-03-12 01:39 PM
    I can't seem to get to the engineers screen. Where should the cursor be on the Help Me! screen while you're entering your key? Do the letters have to go in as capitals? Tough to do when you can't see what you're typing.
    03-03-12 02:32 PM
    No. No capital letters. All small...

- Charles
    03-03-12 09:57 PM
    Just calibrate your battery by running it down completely till the phone loses network and shuts it down. Then - plug in the charger and just sit back till Full Charge (green LED).

Try it - your battery life will improve (hopefully). Mine did.

(forget all those engg screens etc ... they wont help) Keep the inbuilt battery analyzer ON
    Doing so will not reset the battery state of health. Say you are on 98%. Draining to the very bottom and fully charging it will not make it to 100%. One of the way to get 100% is to actually pull the battery making it to 0%, drain and charge again.

However, I dont know what this state of health has an effect on battery life. I dont see much difference when I have 0% and 100% state of health

- Charles
    03-03-12 09:59 PM
    When I first got mine the battery life was horrible but its much better now, I'm not charging it everyday like I did with my iphone. I did drain the battery to zero and then did I full charge but wasn't paying attention to see if that is what has cause the improvement.
    03-04-12 04:32 AM
    Initially, I was worried about about this Battery State of Health but there is an easy way to make it to 100%.

First, do a battery pull. Upon reboot, your battery state will be at 0%. Drain the phone until its Red and recharge it to full. Then you'll get 100%.

- Charles

I'm running 7.1.0.267 on a 9900 and I have the same issue. Currently it reads 10 bnut I've seen it between 0 and 6% most days. I tried draining the battery and fully recharging twice and it did not improve the situation. I think this is a newly created bug in the OS...
    03-21-12 06:49 AM
    Well I love the new 7.1.0.284 update for battery life.

I'm a moderate user, I make 4-5 calls check emails regularly, browse a bit, play a few games and 20-30 texts and bbms a day. My battery was draining to 30-50% by 8pm, I unplug it around 7am.

Now doing the same, battery at 10pm at 80%, I could probably go 2 days. My buddy is running .267 and says he does go 2 days and he uses his more than I do.

I didn't bother checking battery health though, mine seems GREAT!
    03-21-12 07:04 AM
    i notice battery issues but it seems more like its coming from a memory leak. For example, my app memory free right now is 42.5MB (6%) TERRIBLE!! thats -125.0MB since startup. I cant figure out for the life of me whats draining it? i'm on 7.1.0.284, not sure if anyone has any incite.
    03-21-12 08:13 AM
    You mean use the phone till the battery is empty and recharge it ?
    03-08-13 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD