Every OS that I have used prior to .266 the time it takes for the Bold to boot after a battery pull was somewhere between 3-5 min...since going to .266 it now takes anywhere from 10-20 min...very few installed apps...what can cause this and is it even OS related?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 02:06 PM
    That's abnormal. When I was on .266 it took only 1 and a half mins maximum to boot up. I'm not sure what causes it, but I think an OS reload might resolve it. Did you try keeping the battery out for sometime, say 10 mins, to see if that makes any difference.

06-15-09 02:11 PM
    That's abnormal. When I was on .266 it took only 1 and a half mins maximum to boot up. I'm not sure what causes it, but I think an OS reload might resolve it. Did you try keeping the battery out for sometime, say 10 mins, to see if that makes any difference.

No...usually pull and put right back in...didn't think waiting was necessary

06-15-09 02:13 PM
    Normally, I wait 10-20 seconds before putting the battery back in again.

06-15-09 02:26 PM
    Have you added a larger memory card since upgrading to .266?

I'm using .266 now, with several apps and a 2 gig and it takes maybe 2 1/2 minutes to do a battery pull.
    06-15-09 02:34 PM
    I'm running .266 and it takes my phone 4 or 5 minutes to reboot.

06-15-09 02:39 PM
    im running .266 with 8gb card and it takes a couple mins.

try a wipe and reload
    06-15-09 02:41 PM
    Wow. That is a long time. My reboot these days is at about 2 minutes, 15 seconds. Takes about 3 minutes for memory card to be scanned.

06-15-09 03:43 PM
    The larger the card and the more applications you have installed, the longer the boot time. With about 25 applications installed and a 16Gb MicroSD card on .266 it takes my Bold about 2m30s to fully boot up.

Chris
    06-16-09 12:45 AM
    I wish I had your results. My bold consistently takes 8 minutes to boot up. But then again I have a ton of messages on my BB. I used to have close to 15,000 messages between emails and SMS's but recently I set my phone to delete after 2 months.

One strange thing I noticed today was that I shut off all wireless connections, and my phone rebooted in about 2 minutes. I gotta check this out more to see if it's really true.

I have about 20 3rd party apps installed but nothing major. Are you guys saying a larger memory card will cause it to take longer?

06-16-09 12:56 AM
    One strange thing I noticed today was that I shut off all wireless connections, and my phone rebooted in about 2 minutes. I gotta check this out more to see if it's really true.

I have about 20 3rd party apps installed but nothing major. Are you guys saying a larger memory card will cause it to take longer?

Having Wi-Fi off unless you are using it is a big help, especially when rebooting because it won't have to go through the network detection, etc. while booting up. Yes, the larger the card, the longer the boot because it has to scan the card. Same thing goes for larger drives in computers. It's not a very noticeable difference, but it does exist.

Chris
    06-16-09 01:15 AM
    Well then for the life of me I don't know why my BB takes so long to start. I think it may be the fact that I have so many messages on it because after a hard reset even after installing apps but before doing the BES reactivation, it booted pretty quick.

06-16-09 09:23 AM
    Well then for the life of me I don't know why my BB takes so long to start. I think it may be the fact that I have so many messages on it because after a hard reset even after installing apps but before doing the BES reactivation, it booted pretty quick.

Could this be BES related due to something your company requires?
    06-16-09 09:25 AM
    Neh...hosted BES

06-16-09 09:30 AM
    Thanks for all the responses...sounds like the time it taking for me is not common...I am using an 8gig card but I have been using It for a while and through many OS versions without any issues like this...I will try the OS reload and see it that fixes the problem

06-16-09 01:03 PM
    Whether or not your device has memory cleaning enabled makes a huge difference in boot times.

I have an 8 GB card as well with thousands of files and the only thing that I notice is that it causes my phone to be sluggish for a few minutes AFTER booting while it scans the card.
    Last edited by sperho; 06-16-09 at 01:15 PM.
    06-16-09 01:12 PM
    Whether or not your device has memory cleaning enabled makes a huge difference in boot times.

I have an 8 GB card as well with thousands of files and the only thing that I notice is that it causes my phone to be sluggish for a few minutes AFTER booting while it scans the card.
    I think you nailed it...I started experiencing these problems around the same time I installed the memory cleaner...thanks

06-16-09 01:53 PM
    I'm upwards of 10min on .266 with a 8gb card.
    Don't have mem cleaning and never had this delay on other OSs (5 min tops).

With luck something new will leak soon and solve me issues
    06-16-09 03:42 PM
    .266 is slower for me to reboot than the .2xx series of OS's.

The OS's between .134 and .190 took a long time for me.

The OS's between .221 and .247 booted up quickly for me.

OS .266 seems to have returned to the slow boot times.

My media card has not changed. There are a few more files on it but not that many, although the new files are larger; this started after upgrading to .266, not over time however.
    06-16-09 04:37 PM

same thing happens with my bold but it only has 200 songs on the memory card..
    06-16-09 05:40 PM

I just tried to squish the bug in your AV
    06-16-09 06:48 PM

So when you go to Options...Security Options...Memory Cleaning, it says 'Disabled'?

06-16-09 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD