Aplogies if this has been mentioned before.....
    Every other day i have problems putting my BBB into standyby mode. The only way to fix it is to pull the battery, but it's a pain in the a** to do it every other day!
    Anyone know why it's doing this?

Ta!
    06-03-09 04:17 PM
    You mean by pressing the Mute button?
    06-03-09 04:21 PM
    Yes, the mute button on the top. when you press it is says "entering standby mode..."
    Any idea why it doesn't work all the time?
    06-03-09 04:24 PM
    Yes, the mute button on the top. when you press it is says "entering standby mode..."
    Any idea why it doesn't work all the time?
    There have been a few threads with this issue indicating it's hardware related. What's interesting is that in your case a battery pull helps.
    06-03-09 04:26 PM
    I had the same issue with the standby mode, it would work every once in a while then it went off altogether. I had given up on it. Upgraded to os 5 and the standby key came back to life.

Also before upgrading I tried to put the bold into mute while in a call and it would work meaning no physical damage to the standby key so it wasnt hardware related for me. My conclusion was some applications prevented it to go into standby.
    Last edited by aanq; 06-15-09 at 11:30 PM.
    06-15-09 11:19 PM
    You could always grab the AutoStandby application too. Luckily your issue seems to be resolved with battery pulls. Others have been unlucky enough to have to send their Bolds back for a replacement.

Chris
    06-16-09 12:27 AM
    I love AutoStandby.

My Bold will last me 3 days now with my normal use without a single charge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 03:18 AM
    I love AutoStandby.

My Bold will last me 3 days now with my normal use without a single charge

Mine will last 3-4 days, but I'm in the habit of putting it into my pod at work and my power station at home if I'm at my desk.

Chris
    06-16-09 03:53 AM
    I use my holster all day. It's a plastic clip with a magnet which turns off the screen. Is that different than standby?

06-16-09 08:15 AM
    I use my holster all day. It's a plastic clip with a magnet which turns off the screen. Is that different than standby?

Nope, that is also Standby.
    06-16-09 08:17 AM
    Then you guys must not be heavy phone users. Because my phone barely lasts a day even on .266

I talk an average of over 2 hours a day on the phone, text about 200 times a day (at least), BBM all day, and browse the web a bunch.

Oh and I use Google Maps every now and then.

06-16-09 08:29 AM
    The talk time and the messenger chews through batteries.
    06-16-09 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD