My Bolds Standby button doesnt engage anymore... I called ATT and they made me do a reset but of course that didnt solve a physical issue with the phone. Is this button known to go out on the phone? I have to go to an ATT store tomorrow to swap it out
    02-14-09 04:50 PM
    Did you drop ur berry? I had issues with my volume buttons after dropping mine pretty badly. I had to play with tje 6 screws behind the device to realign the buttons with the motherboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 05:36 PM
    i read a thread on this forum or blackberryforums.com saying that the button malfunctions after frequent usage...when u say it doesn't "engage anymore", do you mean it wouldn't make the clicking sound? or do you hear it but standby mode doesn't activate?
    02-14-09 06:30 PM
    i dropped by blackberry bold before, i think i would consider that pretty hard since it was concrete and there was no skin or case to protect it. even though it hit the ground hard my button was still working for some time before this issue started happening. before the button would work on a on and off basis, and sometimes even if i do a battery pull it would work again. now the button just completely dosnt work anymore.
    02-15-09 08:38 AM
    My phone doesnt go into standby mode sometimes no matter how hard I press the button. ATT offered me a refurbished phone.... gotta go to the ATT store today.
    02-15-09 01:32 PM
    So I've been having this problem too. However, I've found that if I take the back cover off, and blow right in back where the standby button is, it'll work perfectly....for a while. I'm thinking maybe its a cold solder joint or something.

Does this work for anyone else?
    08-17-09 12:36 PM
    Standby button definitely has issues. I had problems on my first Bold and sent it back for that. My refurbished BB hasn't given me any issues with the Standby button and I use it all the time now.

It is a somewhat common issue. I read several topics before covering it, but sadly there seems to be no fix. If it's not responding, its a hardware issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD