I was wondering if there is a working SSH client for BlackBerries running v5 software. I tried MidpSSH, but the only downloads are for v3.x and 4.x. I installed the 4.x on my 9700, and it installs OK, but when I attempt to connect, I see an error:

Session Error
    Writer: Invalid url parameter.

When I exit that screen, I see connecting to <IP> . . . and the screen just sits there.
    12-24-09 10:20 AM
    i would recommend the forum search function

forums.crackberry.com/f35/ssh-bb-14046

comment #4

use the cod/alx download and load with DM, the OTA does not work with 5.0.

i originally found the solution specific to 5.0/9700 with google

"midpssh "Invalid url parameter" 9700 "
    Last edited by brad-wdx; 12-24-09 at 10:47 AM.
    12-24-09 10:40 AM
    I had changed the connection type to TCP/IP and that got rid of the Invalid URL parameter. But then I get Writer: Critical Tunnel Failure. I tried loading the ALX and COD file using BB DM using the OS 4 files from v1.7.3 and I still get the same error.

Any Ideas?
    12-28-09 10:29 AM
    Found the answer in another forum. Updating here for others who may have the same problem.

Was told that Tunnel failure could mean that you need to specify your APN Settings which was my issue. The phone still had the default settings for AT&T/Cingular in it. Once I found the APN settings for Digicel Aruba and keyed them into the phone, that solved everything. So, the latest beta version of MidpSSH works fine with the 9700 and the 5.0.0.x OS. Keep in mind that the OTA doesn't install correctly, so you need to do a manual install with the ALX / COD files.
    01-02-10 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD