Just picked up a Bold today and noticed that when I press in on the bezel around the usb and headset input, I hear a noticeable squeak. It seems to be loose. Can you fellow crackberry members check yours and report back? I need to know if I need to get a replacement. This will be my first blackberry coming from an iPhone. I'm sorry to say the craftsmanship of the bold does not compare to the iPhone, but does make up for it in functionality. I will not be going back
    11-04-08 11:54 PM
    Anybody? Help a newbie out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 01:13 AM
    I don't have a bold however I have had 2 curves so far and there is no squeak but there is a click in the same spot you're talking about. It happened with both phones and if I squeeze it in that area it clicks in and clicks out.

11-05-08 03:26 AM
    I got my Bold a couple months back and no squeaky bezel here. It's late at night, nice and quiet, pressed against the area in question and no squeak. It would bother me to the point of bringing it back!!! Tell them you've checked with others and yours is obviously got a problem.
    Mine feels solid. I have ordered a black bezel for mine and sure hope that when I get around to doing the rebuild in order to put that on I don't end up with a squeky bezel :~|

11-05-08 03:35 AM
    I am having the same issue. I have to go in for another issue tomorrow (think my SIM is bad) but I am going to talk about this as my back cover (Started around the USB) is now squeaky all the way down the USB side and on part of the other side. sort of sucks considering how solid the front is built.
    11-06-08 12:08 AM
    just checked mine, no squeak here. the only thing was the battery cover was a little squeaky but i folded a piece of paper and put it in. feels solid as **** now.
    11-06-08 12:14 AM
    Maybe it wasn't snapped in properly. Try pushing on it. Mine doesn't squeak to answer your question.
    11-06-08 12:17 AM
    It's funny cause I thought you might be talking about a squeek in the black bezels.

I've noticed with the black one, when I'm using the trackball, my thumb rubs that thin piece of the bezel below the screen and sometimes makes a squeeking sound.

I didn't seem to notice it with the silver bezel.
    11-06-08 12:30 AM
    I have a squeak. I've gone through a few Bold replacements, and two have had some 'give' with the bezel around the USB area and a bit of squeak. Nothing major.
    12-16-08 09:46 PM
    Nope. No squeaks. Very solid device. Guess I got lucky.

12-16-08 10:25 PM
    My hungary bold squeaked and drove me crazy. I returned for a canadian built one. No squeaks or the common screen ripple.

12-16-08 11:24 PM
    its true... it may not necessarily squeek but there sure is some play on that part where the usb part is...

Also there is a play with the back battery cover... I think these are some major design flaws!
    12-17-08 02:20 AM
    just checked mine, no squeak here. the only thing was the battery cover was a little squeaky but i folded a piece of paper and put it in. feels solid as **** now.
    Dont know why I hadn't thought of that +1 the loose battery cover was bothering me so bad that I wanted to go back to my curve haha, now it feels solid as a rock.
    12-17-08 02:38 AM
    I am having a different squeak issue with my Storm. At the base of the screen in vertical position... Every press in that area squeaks. I like the phone and at first I thought I could deal with it but it's like a dripping faucet now. Just irritating. Anyone else even hear about that?
    06-05-09 03:50 PM
    My bezel squeaks on the top near the little slit next to the stand by button. I believe it might be the battery cover though, not sure yet.

06-05-09 11:47 PM
    mine is caused by the battery door
    06-08-09 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD