Does anyone know the release date for the Bold from Sprint/Nextel and do we know if it will have direct connect capability? Help.
    08-25-08 09:17 PM
    No one has any clue. We don't even have a release date for att as of yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-08 09:18 PM
    I haven't heard anything about Bold release on Sprint, all Ive heard is that it won't be released for a while. Welcome to Crackberry.
    08-25-08 09:23 PM
    Bummer!!! They seem to be out in other locations abroad (the world), but the U.S. is not in the mix. Thanks.
    08-25-08 09:24 PM
    Supposedly Jan 2009 but since ATT was delayed who Knows.....
    08-25-08 09:31 PM
    Sprint will more than likely get the Javelin/Niagara before it gets the Bold. Sprint will be the last of the major carriers to get the Bold judging by the previous track record
    08-25-08 09:42 PM
    Either way, the next Sprint BB device is a LONG way off.

08-25-08 09:47 PM
    you have a very very long time before the bold comes out on sprintnextel if it ever does nextel is soon to be getting the curve with ppt thats so lame its been lik 1548454 years since there last blackberry device was released they say they care about their customers HA RIGHT
    08-25-08 10:42 PM
    I doubt the Bold will even come out on Sprint at ALL. It would probably be a different CDMA version. Probably Niagra or Thunder as Javelin and Bold seem to be GSM.
    08-25-08 10:55 PM
    It is possible that something will be released using LTE for vzw in the future since that is their announced 4G standard going forward. Until then we know vzw are getting the thunder and the rumored niagra (javelin with cdma) so maybe one of those will come to sprint.

08-25-08 11:06 PM
    My good friend is a manager at a Sprint corporate store. He is going for some type of Blackberry training in October. He was told that RIM would be giving all who attend a Sprint BB but, its not going to be a curve or pearl. The RIM rep was asked if it was going to be a new BB model, the rep winked and smiled. So my friend thinks Sprint is getting some type of new BB in Oct. Who knows... I hope its the Bold.

Last edited by incognito74; 08-25-08 at 11:17 PM.
    08-25-08 11:13 PM
    I've just given up trying to speculate at all until something official is announced. I don't even know if a CDMA version of the Bold is in development by RIM. This thread pretty much sums up my main interest on Crackberry. It's good to see it up.

I'll be happy to get any new BB for Sprint. Except the Kickstart. I gotta have a full QWERTY.

Here's hoping for us Sprint people. Don't give up hope yet. We may have that Bold as soon as January. Don't let other people's posts get you believing that we will never have a new BB. They know as little as we do.

08-25-08 11:38 PM
    My good friend is a manager at a Sprint corporate store. He is going for some type of Blackberry training in October. He was told that RIM would be giving all who attend a Sprint BB but, its not going to be a curve or pearl. The RIM rep was asked if it was going to be a new BB model, the rep winked and smiled. So my friend thinks Sprint is getting some type of new BB in Oct. Who knows... I hope its the Bold.

I highly doubt it will be a Bold.

And I have a hard time believing Sprint would get one that quick. Didn't the 8830 or the Curve just come out for Sprint just a few months ago? I know Sprint customers don't like it, but Sprint normally gets phones a LOT slower than any other carrier. If they ARE getting a new BB, as others have said, it will probably be the Niagra or Thunder as those are slated for CDMA.
    08-26-08 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD