06-10-10 05:16 AM
77 1234
tools
    I have been with Sprint for nearly 10 years continuously. I've always been happy with them. I've known people that have switched to AT&T for the iPhone (from Sprint)... and while they love their phone, they hate their AT&T service and would gladly switch back to Sprint if they could. That said, I'm sure there are others that feel the opposite.
    I personally have been with VZW since my original plan was with Airtouch and then VZW bought them out, so about 10 years as well. Honestly I feel the same way about VZW except VZW's phones suck and their service is a little over priced. I have always got good customer service from VZW, as long as I wasn't at one of their retail locations. Small rant: I don't know why every VZW retail location sucks, its like they have a prerequisite when hiring to hire the dumbest/douchiest people the can find locally. However, every time I have called *611 everything was great, never had any problems with my bill... blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda. I would say go with Sprint or VZW, ultimately it won't matter because Sprint/Nextel has been having some very serious financial troubles and VZW will probably end up buying them up like they did with Altell, not to imply Altell was having problems. Just be sure to go with a CDMA carrier, they seem to be better all around.
    12-09-09 11:49 AM
    I am hoping Google will buy Sprint to compliment Google pending GPhone service for next year. Cox Communications (Cable) is almost prime to buy Sprint as they are beta testing new wireless service in selected markets.
    12-09-09 11:53 AM
    I think think there is that much of a differnce between sprint and vzw. I travel alot for work and use my phone constantly. The only time I was not able to use my phone was in the middle of a national park about 20 miles from the nearest paved road. Other than that I have great service with sprint. And sprint is much cheaper. My data is usually faster than the 2 vzw blackberries users next to me on any given load.

granted the sprint reps arnt told a lot of information about release dates and what not. but i have found that all customer services sucks for the most part.

Bottom line is go with sprint youll be happy. Dont listen to people who ***** beccause they call in th try to upgrade phones every 6 months and get mad when sprint doesnt let them. Thats who i see seem to complain most about sprint.
    And for the money you save at sprint you could buy a new phone whenever you want.
    I agree
    12-09-09 01:47 PM
    Sorry to rant about Sprint, but my friend has Sprint and they sent her a rebate check, and they put the wrong name on it.... Their CS is horrible. I have Verizon. If VZW had done that to me, they would have probably given me a month free or something or had the check overnighted to me. Sprint is sending it all over again which will take 15 - 30 business days...
    12-09-09 02:25 PM
    Sorry to rant about Sprint, but my friend has Sprint and they sent her a rebate check, and they put the wrong name on it.... Their CS is horrible. I have Verizon. If VZW had done that to me, they would have probably given me a month free or something or had the check overnighted to me. Sprint is sending it all over again which will take 15 - 30 business days...
    well every time i have had a problem with sprint they have given me more than a free month of something.
    i have recieved free airrave's, devices, services, free upgrades, months of service.

i had a bad billing issue with them a few years back and now everytime i call up it seems like they will give me anything just to say sorry.
    i never threaten to leave them. i love their service and prices.
    12-09-09 02:44 PM
    I personally have been with VZW since my original plan was with Airtouch and then VZW bought them out, so about 10 years as well. Honestly I feel the same way about VZW except VZW's phones suck and their service is a little over priced. I have always got good customer service from VZW, as long as I wasn't at one of their retail locations.
    I started with US West Cellular, that was bought by Airtouch, that was bought by VZW. Same account/number since 1991. When I call CS, there is some serious *** kissing going on, lol.

It is nice to loved.

That is why I will patiently wait for the Essex to replace my battered 8830 WE.
    12-09-09 04:38 PM
    Sprint was so good where I live the store went out of business.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 04:55 PM
    Sprint was so good where I live the store went out of business.

and 3 verizon stores i pass everyday on the way to work have closed down.
    it has to do with the economy not the store
    12-09-09 08:04 PM
    ive had some contact with some people at VZW and they all say to look out at the start of Q1 for a slew of new phones. and the one sal had was already branded for sprint so we know its close on both
    12-09-09 10:48 PM
    why would you join sprint if you dont mind me asking? Verizon has better service period. I sold sprint for a while and att, and has sprint as my carrier briefly until I found out that if you are roaming (eventhough its free and you dont know it's roaming) and call another line on your account, it charges minutes up calling from mobile to mobile which is insane. Maybe they finally got rid of this, but this was 2 years ago and I was floored and called our regional rep and they basically tried to bend me over so I left them.

Sorry to go on a rant but to the op, cs reps, sales reps etc.. DONT KNOW ANYTHING that they haven't either:
    1) heard a rumor at lunch and pass of as fact
    2) read online on a forum here and try to pass it off as fact
    3) completely lie and tell you to hold on a bit longer for the next best greatest thing coming out to "our" company asap next week etc.. to keep you with them.

Call sprint and tell them you are leaving them for the iphone on att, do it 3 or 4 times, I bet half of the reps will tell you sprint will have the iphone next month
    no to hijack, but b/c my plan is $30 a month w/ BIS service and i have PAM. can't be that. i do have a VZW work phone though and i must admit, the EVDO coverage is great. but voice coverage is just fine w/ Sprint in the South. if only they let us use the VZW EVDO towers, i'd sign a 10yr contract!
    12-10-09 09:11 AM
    The BlackBerry Curve 8530 for Sprint is going to come out in January, and if so, that scratches them out till further notice. It might be a different story for Verizon.
    12-10-09 12:23 PM
    so you mean the release of 9650 is pushed back due to 8530 not coming out till Jan?
    12-10-09 07:28 PM
    Why are we thinking the Sprint 8530 got pushed back???

Sprint Launching 8530 Soon

I'd bet money on December 18th.
    12-10-09 09:54 PM
    The BlackBerry Curve 8530 for Sprint is going to come out in January, and if so, that scratches them out till further notice. It might be a different story for Verizon.
    Sinternet is usually right and he post the 8530 is coming out in Jan on Sprint
    12-11-09 04:28 AM
    Sprint not dropping this phone for the holidays proves how terrible they are at releasing products. This will continue to hurt them unless that change. 12/18 was a perfect date.
    12-11-09 07:51 AM
    So are you guys saying that the info on this image is wrong???

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/blackberryos-blog/11600-sprint-launching-8530-soon.html

That article is from yesterday (12/10).

Last edited by Dsmithjr; 12-11-09 at 08:23 AM.
    12-11-09 08:21 AM
    So are you guys saying that the info on this image is wrong???

Sprint Launching 8530 Soon

guess so..heres another link

Sprint BlackBerry Curve 8530 with WiFi Release Date Phone Reviews

I was reading else where where its something with OS 5.0 which might be the cause of the push back. It will come with a newer release of 5.0 than verizons version.
    Last edited by Luv2Speed; 12-11-09 at 08:24 AM. Reason: added info
    12-11-09 08:23 AM
    I was going to link Dsmithjr post but yeah it does look legit. Like I said in that thread, 18th is probably Sprint.com and telesales only, and it will be available in stores on January 10th. This is way better than the official release being January, and put Sprint in the right time for the essex.
    12-11-09 08:27 AM
    I'm guessing that Playbook didn't mention anything about the 9650? If it had, I'm sure we would have seen that online. That seems a tiny bit troubling.

12-11-09 08:33 AM
    why not have it in the stores before xmass? thats just plain stupid
    12-11-09 05:35 PM
    i would so trade in my tour 1

**** yes i would too
    12-11-09 06:46 PM
    for an 8350????
    12-11-09 07:35 PM
    Curve 8530 will be out first, the rumors for the Tour2 on the shelf will be on 1st quarter of 2010............Blah!!
    Marketing 101.

People who cannot wait will get the new Curve and then get the Tour2 when it's released. People spend more money that way and these companies prey on those who must have the latest and greatest at all costs.

If people are jonezing that bad why wouldn't you jump ship to TMOB or AT&T and get the Bold 9700 right now? At least then when the Tour2 is out you have a phone that is nearly identical.
    Last edited by Jaredius; 12-14-09 at 01:46 PM.
    12-14-09 01:42 PM
    Getting it when it comes out
    12-14-09 03:40 PM
    Well since its christmas eve and no new news, I'm pretty sure it won't be out by christmas

12-24-09 04:30 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD