Talked to CS today about my upgrade. I was also told they are expecting both the Curve 2 & Tour 2 to be released by the end of the year. I tricked him into saying both models separate as he confirmed the probability they will be here w/i in the next month.
    I was told by some product manager. I wish someone from Sprint could confirm low stock.
    11-25-09 12:00 AM
    I'm with Auto....

I think the rep is mistaking the 8530 Curve2 for the Tour2 (model number 9650????)
    can u get stock confirmation from Sprint
    11-25-09 12:01 AM
    Yeah the 8530 will be out for sprint soon as we have all seen but I hope they just hammer them both out at the same time. That way they will have a couple new blackberry's to choose from and can take the old tours and old curves off the walls and have all the latest and greatest for the holidays.
    Let's hope

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 08:35 AM
    Sprint didn't come out with a official date for 8530 (which I think is 12/10), but you think the essex is coming soon? Good luck with that. I've stated before that it's coming out in the 1Q, but it was shut down. Let's see what happens next.
    11-25-09 09:05 AM
    How was Q1 "shut down"?

11-25-09 09:07 AM
    How was Q1 "shut down"?

It was too early, since production started in late August, but now the production really ramped up. A couple of features were scraped out, and we all know the current specs. 1Q is a stronger possibility than when I stated so.
    11-25-09 09:17 AM
    It was too early, since production started in late August, but now the production really ramped up. A couple of features were scraped out, and we all know the current specs. 1Q is a stronger possibility than when I stated so.
    I'm a little confused by your last two posts. One says that 1Q was shut down, but the other says that 1Q is now a stronger possibility?
    11-25-09 10:15 AM
    I'm a little confused by your last two posts. One says that 1Q was shut down, but the other says that 1Q is now a stronger possibility?
    How are you still confused? The essex is the Tour + trackpad + wifi with more on-board memory. It was suppose to be more than just that, but those ideas were removed. You'll see them in their future devices. Now that production is ramped up, and it's a lesser device, 1Q is a possibility again. Upgrade wise, it's still way better than the first tour.
    11-25-09 10:29 AM
    How are you still confused? The essex is the Tour + trackpad + wifi with more on-board memory. It was suppose to be more than just that, but those ideas were removed. You'll see them in their future devices. Now that production is ramped up, and it's a lesser device, 1Q is a possibility again. Upgrade wise, it's still way better than the first tour.
    i wonder what those other upgrades were???
    11-25-09 10:32 AM
    Sprint has got us right where they want us. The buzz for this phone(Tour 2) is the BEST advertisement ever, $ can't buy this. We are going back and forth about a phone that NONE of us have ever seen, or know when its going to be released. This banter is doing nothing but giving them an idea of how many they should initially produce.
    Last edited by 4 Star General; 11-25-09 at 05:32 PM.
    11-25-09 05:29 PM
    I've seen it:

Blackberry Essex (Tour 2) Overview � Salomondrin

Not in person... but this is the next best thing.
    Last edited by Dsmithjr; 11-25-09 at 06:27 PM.
    11-25-09 06:23 PM
    i can't wait for the Tour2
    12-02-09 11:52 PM
    I haven't heard anything about the release of the Essex yet (but we in the stores are always the last to know) however, I did see in our Playbook that the Curve 2 8530 will be available via direct ship 12.18.09
    12-03-09 12:56 AM
    I haven't heard anything about the release of the Essex yet (but we in the stores are always the last to know) however, I did see in our Playbook that the Curve 2 8530 will be available via direct ship 12.18.09
    Hey when will it be available in the stores? Also I bought my brother a 8330. his 30 days is up on the 10th. can he switch it for something for the 8 days and then switch to this one?? thanks for posting up.
    12-03-09 07:31 AM
    Sounds correct. I think AT&T is dropping this device on the same day as well.
    12-03-09 09:58 AM
    Im currently with at&t but planning to go to sprint as soon as the tour 2 drop! Can't Wait!!
    12-04-09 10:44 AM
    Im currently with at&t but planning to go to sprint as soon as the tour 2 drop! Can't Wait!!
    Why wouldn't you just get the 9700? It's a Tour 2 with a faster processor.
    12-04-09 10:51 AM
    Why wouldn't you just get the 9700? It's a Tour 2 with a faster processor.
    Im not getting the 9700 because at&t is expensive that's why im leaving at&t. Gotta save some money, you know.
    12-04-09 11:36 AM
    Im not getting the 9700 because at&t is expensive that's why im leaving at&t. Gotta save some money, you know.
    Where are you going? VZW is more expensive than att.
    12-08-09 09:25 AM
    Where are you going? VZW is more expensive than att.
    refer to bold
    12-08-09 10:34 AM
    I plan on doing the same thing!!!!! lol
    12-08-09 01:14 PM
    why would you join sprint if you dont mind me asking? Verizon has better service period. I sold sprint for a while and att, and has sprint as my carrier briefly until I found out that if you are roaming (eventhough its free and you dont know it's roaming) and call another line on your account, it charges minutes up calling from mobile to mobile which is insane. Maybe they finally got rid of this, but this was 2 years ago and I was floored and called our regional rep and they basically tried to bend me over so I left them.

Sorry to go on a rant but to the op, cs reps, sales reps etc.. DONT KNOW ANYTHING that they haven't either:
    1) heard a rumor at lunch and pass of as fact
    2) read online on a forum here and try to pass it off as fact
    3) completely lie and tell you to hold on a bit longer for the next best greatest thing coming out to "our" company asap next week etc.. to keep you with them.

Call sprint and tell them you are leaving them for the iphone on att, do it 3 or 4 times, I bet half of the reps will tell you sprint will have the iphone next month
    12-08-09 11:17 PM
    I think think there is that much of a differnce between sprint and vzw. I travel alot for work and use my phone constantly. The only time I was not able to use my phone was in the middle of a national park about 20 miles from the nearest paved road. Other than that I have great service with sprint. And sprint is much cheaper. My data is usually faster than the 2 vzw blackberries users next to me on any given load.

granted the sprint reps arnt told a lot of information about release dates and what not. but i have found that all customer services sucks for the most part.

Bottom line is go with sprint youll be happy. Dont listen to people who ***** beccause they call in th try to upgrade phones every 6 months and get mad when sprint doesnt let them. Thats who i see seem to complain most about sprint.
    And for the money you save at sprint you could buy a new phone whenever you want.
    12-09-09 08:11 AM
    I know its hard to believe but there are a lot of places that sprint gets reception that vzw dosent and vise versa.
    This is why people have to look at cooverage maps and see what works for you

12-09-09 10:07 AM
    I have been with Sprint for nearly 10 years continuously. I've always been happy with them. I've known people that have switched to AT&T for the iPhone (from Sprint)... and while they love their phone, they hate their AT&T service and would gladly switch back to Sprint if they could. That said, I'm sure there are others that feel the opposite.

The reality is the coverage (for where I go) and call quality are great and every time I price a competitor its signifigantly more expensive (and that was before Sprint introduced the "Everything Plans" or the "Any Mobile, Any Time"). Most of this is because everyone in my family is on Sprint, so I've always, effectively, had Any Mobile, Any Time thanks to unlimited PCS-2-PCS.

I'm currently planning on upgrading my Curve 8330 to an Essex. I have contemplated the Android phones, but regardless of what phone I choose... I'm with Sprint for the long haul.
    12-09-09 11:17 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD