Reasons I would go for the 9650 (probably getting the 9700, not sure)

currently own a 8330, so that factors into alot. (Recently replaced the trackball, couldn't take it anymore,2 years on the original one)

Don't have true mms, have to click a picture link each time

better processor/memory would be nice

otterbox support

the bulkier the better

I like "weight/bulk" in a phone, which is why I always avoid the "free phone" offers cell companies offer. The otter box adds even more, which I prefer.

I'm just not a fan of touch screens, they just feel flaky. the motorola android I tried, about the only interesting thing is the full html browser in it. I see how it is vastly different to the blackberry, which I will give it a nod for...

However, it just feels cumbersome to me with the touch screen, flip open keyboard, etc.

Some of how I am with it is probably due to my mental nature that I am not going to go into here. I like that it feels quick to access. pull it off my belt, and there it is. No need to flip it open, close it, need to be cautious that I don't snap the phone apart since it flips open, etc etc...

for me it's just comfortable and easy to use. Do I wish it had more support for some stuff? yes, but I don't need crappy 99 cent store apps that are shaken babies, etc.

I'd probably go for a android based phone, but what I see out there just don't attract me. wish there was a blackberry form factor with the full html support, possibly flash (with controls to disable garbage) stuff like that.

I'm perfectly happy waiting for webkit or whatever they bring out to improve html browsing, the hardest part is i'd want the 9650 with more memory, but might end up having to get the 9700 from t-mobile...

in short, I don't honestly care what the reviews say. unless a jet of flame comes out, the screen is crappy/dies quickly, keyboard doesn't work, I don't care for the negative reviews past that point.

It works for me. if I want a toy, then I go to apple and struggle with a touchscreen. Perfectly happy with a "business class phone" versus bleeding edge.

I like ford also and get flack for it, so i'm pretty used to bias opinions based on junk facts. If it works, it works. It's what I like....

as long as the OS doesn't take 10 years to upgrade and they start charging for them, I honestly don't care how long it takes
    06-01-10 09:52 AM
    x2 Hopefully they will get the message.

Where is BGR wrong?

Is it not a re-skinned ancient OS? Was 5.0 some magical step forward?

Where does RIM excel besides email? What part of the BBOS is ahead of what other smartphones have to offer?

I wouldn't say it's biased so much as it's from a more varied point of view. How many devices do you think BG gets to use? A lot more than most if not all of the members here. When you get to use every major device, makes it hard to have the wool pulled over your eyes.
    06-01-10 12:04 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD