Yeah, saw your opinion, but again, BGR's pros/cons of the Bold 9650 are in line with what other reviewers have stated so not really sure what the issue is.
    Well, then I'm baffled. So you're defending mediocrity with the justification being that mediocrity is commonplace.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 05:12 PM
    WOW! Relax, its just a review.

Well, then I'm baffled. So you're defending mediocrity with the justification being that mediocrity is commonplace.

05-31-10 05:19 PM
    WOW! Relax, its just a review.
    I am relaxed. In fact, I was done until you started saying things that didn't make sense.

If you're finished, I'm finished.

05-31-10 05:23 PM
    I am a fan of blackberry. However, the review is honest. I think. If the bold 9650 is running on a dual processor why isn't that mentioned by RIM ?

And the phone is big and bulky. Rim should just give verizonwireless customers a 9700 or a 9700 look a like.

in the tech world you either give customers what they want or they go elsewhere

05-31-10 05:50 PM
    a review is an opinion.
    i have always been brought up on a simple saying.
    opinions are like a-holes, everybody has them and they all stink.
    05-31-10 05:55 PM
    Sad, but true.

I am a fan of blackberry. However, the review is honest. I think. If the bold 9650 is running on a dual processor why isn't that mentioned by RIM ?

And the phone is big and bulky. Rim should just give verizonwireless customers a 9700 or a 9700 look a like.

in the tech world you either give customers what they want or they go elsewhere

05-31-10 06:06 PM
    Ive used 9630 , 9650 & BOLD

9700 is true BOLD blowing away 9650 In Build construction , Performance and Looks.

look at it 9700 is a beauty.

This is RIM's problem. Everyone on Crackberry can tell the difference between these 2 phones, but I guarantee that the average person can not. The addict's are foaming at the mouth when news of a new blackberry is released, but who can blame everyone else for questioning the hype when (almost) every phone that they release basically looks the exact same! Sure, you'll say that the keyboard is different, or the trackpad is in a slightly different place, or some other nonsense. That is why outside of this website, no one really cares. The proof is in those photos.
    05-31-10 06:12 PM
    If the bold 9650 is running on a dual processor why isn't that mentioned by RIM ?
    It's a dual core processor. There is no "if" about it.

Here's a VZW pdf spec sheet that shows on page 26 that the Storm, Storm2 and Tour all have the QualComm MSM7600 series processor.

http://images.crackberry.com/files/kevin/9550.pdf

Look up the proc specs yourself and you'll see that it is dual core.

Edit: My point in posting the Tour specs is that the 9650 won't be a step down from it. If anything it will be the same or better. There have been whisperings that the 9650 has the Qualcomm MSM7601. There's no definitive proof of that yet, so we shall see.

Last edited by travelingfool; 05-31-10 at 07:06 PM.
    05-31-10 06:50 PM
    Sorry oneone or eleven but when did htc phones start looking different form each other....most phones currently offered in the smart phone world look like their predecessors whether it be apple, htc or blackberry. I mean come on, the htc phones are a screen with a plastic back. Groundbreaking?
    05-31-10 07:02 PM
    Sorry oneone or eleven but when did htc phones start looking different form each other....most phones currently offered in the smart phone world look like their predecessors whether it be apple, htc or blackberry. I mean come on, the htc phones are a screen with a plastic back. Groundbreaking?
    Predesessors maybe, but not every phone in their lineup. Face it, the Bold, curve, tour all look basically the same.
    05-31-10 07:28 PM
    Predesessors maybe, but not every phone in their lineup. Face it, the Bold, curve, tour all look basically the same.
    RIM's success was built upon that form factor, so they will never take the risk of completely revamping their devices to a different style. The flagship BlackBerry will most likely always be the full QWERTY device, and that's the way it should be. The OS is the problem IMO.
    05-31-10 07:49 PM
    AGREE! There is no excuse was OS6 wasn't out the same time the Tour came out...hopefully BB will get on the ball.

RIM's success was built upon that form factor, so they will never take the risk of completely revamping their devices to a different style. The flagship BlackBerry will most likely always be the full QWERTY device, and that's the way it should be. The OS is the problem IMO.
    05-31-10 07:52 PM
    Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650 Reviews and Price � HTC EVO and Incredible Offer Android Operating System

Oh gosh! Yet another "Biased, boring, speculative and incomplete" review.

The Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650 has been out for over a week now and many Sprint users are looking for reviews and the price of the newest Blackberry. The phone is selling for $199.99 and many reviews have pointed out that the newest Blackberry has many great features but some feel that it does not stake up to the HTC EVO or even the Incredible. With the Android based operating system on the HTC model phones it seems to be the case that they are slightly ahead of the Blackberry models.

Boy Genius Report has a review of the Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650 and it might be a wise decision to check it out before shelling over the money for the newest Blackberry phone.
    05-31-10 08:05 PM
    Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650 Reviews and Price � HTC EVO and Incredible Offer Android Operating System

Oh gosh! Yet another "Biased, boring, speculative and incomplete" review.

The Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650 has been out for over a week now and many Sprint users are looking for reviews and the price of the newest Blackberry. The phone is selling for $199.99 and many reviews have pointed out that the newest Blackberry has many great features but some feel that it does not stake up to the HTC EVO or even the Incredible. With the Android based operating system on the HTC model phones it seems to be the case that they are slightly ahead of the Blackberry models.

Boy Genius Report has a review of the Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650 and it might be a wise decision to check it out before shelling over the money for the newest Blackberry phone.
    Ooh, golly gee willikers, tourboy. Nice find! It's a one paragraph reiteration of what other people think, and another short paragraph pointing to our beloved BGR report.

You're really on top of your game tonight. Can't wait to see what's next. I'm on the edge of my seat.

05-31-10 08:18 PM
    What's with the continued pessimistic attitude? Its so unnecessary and unbecoming.

Take the information as you see fit; love or hate it and move on.

Ooh, golly gee willikers, tourboy. Nice find! It's a one paragraph reiteration of what other people think, and another short paragraph pointing to our beloved BGR report.

You're really on top of your game tonight. Can't wait to see what's next. I'm on the edge of my seat.

05-31-10 08:31 PM
    What the **** does that even mean. I have no issue with you being a fool but it offends me that you require direction in basic concepts.
    05-31-10 08:47 PM
    By the way that waste of my time was in response to 11.
    05-31-10 08:48 PM
    What's with the continued pessimistic attitude? Its so unnecessary and unbecoming.

Take the information as you see fit; love or hate it and move on.
    You seem to be unable to follow a logical progression of thought, so let me spell it out for you. Earlier, I told you that if you're finished, I'm finished. Things were going fine, but you just couldn't resist posting this:

Oh gosh! Yet another "Biased, boring, speculative and incomplete" review
    You were specifically directing this at me. So I responded.

Somehow you've taken my original post, in which I voiced my observation about some inconsistencies with the BGR review, and you've taken it off on a wild tangent and are now making it all about how many other mediocre negative reviews there are about the 9650.

Whatever. That's fine. Take the thread in that direction. But if you continue to conflate my thoughts with your own disorganized thoughts, and attempt to form them into some sort of hybrid cohesive progression, it's not going to work. It's oil and water.

Keep addressing me, and I'm going to keep responding. Otherwise, let's give everyone else here some peace.

Last edited by travelingfool; 05-31-10 at 10:40 PM.
    05-31-10 08:57 PM
    By the way that waste of my time was in response to 11.
    I can't see post #'s on WAP. Which one was it?

Edit: Nevermind, lol. I get it. You are calling TheOne01 "eleven" in one post and "11" in another. I thought you were talking about post #'s. Your reference to "fool" made me wonder if you meant "travelingfool"

Last edited by travelingfool; 05-31-10 at 10:00 PM.
    05-31-10 09:03 PM
    The raised trackpad, menu, send, BlackBerry, back keys (they are raised up beyond the keyboard and are a little too high).
    Is this true?
    05-31-10 09:05 PM
    Not asking RIM to completely abandon what they do, but the consumer wants options and this is where they are failing miserably. Do you really think that anyone outside of the Crackberry community is clamoring for this new "Bold". The HTC's that you all are saying aren't innovative, for whatever reason, are selling out at both Verizon and Sprint.
    05-31-10 09:11 PM
    The fact that cell phone or smartphone discussions can elicite such emotions just shows how dependent we all are on them in our daily lives...i love it'
    05-31-10 10:10 PM
    Where is BGR wrong?

Is it not a re-skinned ancient OS? Was 5.0 some magical step forward?

Where does RIM excel besides email? What part of the BBOS is ahead of what other smartphones have to offer?

I wouldn't say it's biased so much as it's from a more varied point of view. How many devices do you think BG gets to use? A lot more than most if not all of the members here. When you get to use every major device, makes it hard to have the wool pulled over your eyes.
    05-31-10 10:50 PM
    Someone wanting to try a BlackBerry for the first time after reading that review probably would pass on the 9650. It lists some good points about the device, but it almost makes someone look like a fool for even thinking of getting it over other devices. We all know that the BlackBerry OS isn't flashy, but it has a lot of features. It's considered old and ancient yet there are other smartphones that have recently gotten copy and paste, as well as multitasking. I even saw where another device will have the ability to search for a contacts phone number by typing that person's name. BlackBerry has always been able to do those things. I'm always hearing people say the BlackBerry OS is ancient, but no one seems to give any reason of what makes it ancient. If some of other Operating Systems were ran on a qwerty non-touch screen phone, I think there wouldn't be too much of a difference as to how you would go about doing things on the phone. The review also said that it's the same form factor as before. To me every iPhone looks the same. Only those that have an iPhone can tell the difference. The same hold true for BlackBerry.

05-31-10 11:06 PM
    That seems to be the million dollar questions. Not sure if the OS is ancient, but there is no excuse why it didn't debut with 6.0; it is past due.

Where is BGR wrong?

Is it not a re-skinned ancient OS? Was 5.0 some magical step forward?
    06-01-10 06:04 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD