05-31-10 09:36 AM
    Biased, boring, speculative and incomplete. Why do these supposed tech reviewers nearly always fail to mention that the 9630 and 9650 have a dual core processor as opposed to the faster MHz single core devices they compare them to? Drives me nuts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 09:53 AM
    Biased, boring, speculative and incomplete. Why do these supposed tech reviewers nearly always fail to mention that the 9630 and 9650 have a dual core processor as opposed to the faster MHz single core devices they compare it to? Drives me nuts.

Never even knew it was a dual core, that's nice to know.
    05-31-10 09:54 AM
    BGR pretty much nails it except for durable construction
    How that potato chip battery door can be considered durable is beyond me
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-31-10 at 10:18 AM.
    05-31-10 10:13 AM
    The tech reviewer or the comment about the review?

Biased, boring, speculative and incomplete.

05-31-10 11:07 AM
    The tech reviewer or the comment about the review?
    Mine is the first comment "about" the review. Say what you mean, tourboy. Don't beat around the bush.

05-31-10 11:11 AM
    Biased, boring, speculative and incomplete. Why do these supposed tech reviewers nearly always fail to mention that the 9630 and 9650 have a dual core processor as opposed to the faster MHz single core devices they compare them to? Drives me nuts.

x2.. i dont know why I even bother to read anything from BGR anymore.... BGR probably got attacked by a lot of members last month when BGR stated the Bold will be out on Verizon on May 1st which never did happen obviously. All of BGR's reviews have been wayyy off and always biased... dont even waste your time reading this review
    05-31-10 11:17 AM
    It's a negative review so everyone please take it as biased. Let's stick to reading only CrackBerry reviews where there is obviously no bias.
    05-31-10 11:30 AM
    They barely even touched on the phone. It read more like an Op Ed on the current state of blackberry. As far as that goes, it was pretty accurate.
    05-31-10 11:34 AM
    It's a negative review so everyone please take it as biased. Let's stick to reading only CrackBerry reviews where there is obviously no bias.
    I'm cool with negativity in a review. That's not my beef with it. Your sarcasm is unfounded.

05-31-10 11:54 AM
    Yeah really.

A review agrees with your view, then it is an excellent review, but if it doesn't, then it is way off and biased. Now that makes sense!

Sorry, but no device is perfect and only when you can take the good with the bad and vice versa can you truly be receptive and open minded to other views.

05-31-10 12:01 PM

Biased - They are giving their opinion on this phone. Just because they do not like it does not mean it is biased. Many people on here are brainwashed by the constant optimism that CrackBerry feeds them.

Boring - Boring? Really? Explain that one for me. You're talking about it on here, so obviously it wasn't that boring.

Speculative - Again, how? They did not say "this phone will not sell" or "RIM is going out of business soon". They stated the pros, cons, and overall impressions of the phone. Exactly what are they speculating on?

Incomplete - No it isn't. If you want to say it is incomplete because they didn't cover the OS, then go read about it somewhere else. There is nothing worth noting about the horrendous OS that someone doesn't already know about.

Processor - "Much faster than the original Tour 9630, no real slowdowns or hangups in the OS, and a much speedier overall experience thanks to a newer and faster processor."

Basically people aren't liking this review because it was short and to the point. What in the world could they possibly say about a device that is nearly identical to one released last year? Hardware was the only slightly significant difference, which they did cover.
    05-31-10 12:12 PM
    The funny thing is after reading the review again, there is nothing different presented here that isn't usually highlighted in all the other reviews concerning the pros and cons of the device.
    05-31-10 12:17 PM
    BGR confirms my "it ain't a bold " post...He is right on folks..get over it. 9700 is still the king and is better in every way shape and form..i've used them all too..

I love all berry's but pisses me off what RIM did to the tour buyers so quickly...treating them like fools...It ain't a bold...
    05-31-10 01:01 PM
    Biased - They are giving their opinion on this phone. Just because they do not like it does not mean it is biased. Many people on here are brainwashed by the constant optimism that CrackBerry feeds them.

Boring - Boring? Really? Explain that one for me. You're talking about it on here, so obviously it wasn't that boring.

Speculative - Again, how? They did not say "this phone will not sell" or "RIM is going out of business soon". They stated the pros, cons, and overall impressions of the phone. Exactly what are they speculating on?

Incomplete - No it isn't. If you want to say it is incomplete because they didn't cover the OS, then go read about it somewhere else. There is nothing worth noting about the horrendous OS that someone doesn't already know about.

Processor - "Much faster than the original Tour 9630, no real slowdowns or hangups in the OS, and a much speedier overall experience thanks to a newer and faster processor."

Basically people aren't liking this review because it was short and to the point. What in the world could they possibly say about a device that is nearly identical to one released last year? Hardware was the only slightly significant difference, which they did cover.
    -----

Much faster than the original Tour 9630, no real slowdowns or hangups in the OS, and a much speedier overall experience thanks to a newer and faster processor.
    With phones that are pushing CPU speed barriers at 1GHz and beyond, RIM�s using an estimated 500MHz CPU here with 512MB of RAM and no internal storage.
    The 9630 has a 528MHz processor, yet he says the 9650 has a "faster" processor running at "an estimated 500MHz." He should do a little homework before posting a review.

As I mentioned in my first post, bemoaning the lack of modern processing speed while failing to touch on dual core vs single core aspect is either ignorance or intellectual dishonesty.

He says the 9650 feels outdated and that 5.0 is an ancient operating system. He is clearly biased towards flashy trendy gadgets.

If these things were written by a casual hobbyist it would be one thing, but BGR makes his living as a tech reviewer, so yes; biased, boring, speculative and incomplete just about covers it.

Last edited by travelingfool; 05-31-10 at 01:10 PM.
    05-31-10 01:02 PM
    So funny how he is right on and yet people cant just admit it...I am a fanboy for RIM and even agree with BGR...
    05-31-10 01:06 PM
    call me a newbie.. but i dont care what its called. never had a blackberry, and im gonna go try one with the 9650.
    05-31-10 01:30 PM
    I had the Tour, I have the Bold- the Bold is better.
    05-31-10 01:51 PM
    Ive used 9630 , 9650 & BOLD

9700 is true BOLD blowing away 9650 In Build construction , Performance and Looks.

look at it 9700 is a beauty.

Last edited by Slingbox; 05-31-10 at 02:09 PM.
    05-31-10 02:07 PM
    why is it that all the tour owners are pissed off that they release a "newer" tour/bold so soon..GET OVER IT, all cell phone companies do that, that's how they make money lol don't hate on the phone and bash it cuz you were too impatient to wait it out to see what else was coming. the 9650 is a VERY good phone. If your on sprint/verizon get the 9650 if your with att/tmo get the 9700, can we just leave it at that? JMO
    05-31-10 02:21 PM
    What exactly is highlighted in this review that has not already been stated in other reviews for the Bold 9650?
    05-31-10 03:12 PM
    What exactly is highlighted in this review that has not already been stated in other reviews for the Bold 9650?
    Nothing fresh. BGR just wanted to get his 2 cents in. Which is about all it was worth.

05-31-10 03:15 PM
    No, that is not what I stated.

For those complaining about the review, the comments have been typical in others reviews so what's the big deal?

Nothing fresh. BGR just wanted to get his 2 cents in. Which is about all it was worth.

05-31-10 04:35 PM
    No, that is not what I stated.

For those complaining about the review, the comments have been typical in others reviews so what's the big deal?
    Ahh, I see. Well, rather than forcing me to retype what I already wrote, refer to my previous posts for an explanation. I can't speak for others in this thread, but those are my main points of contention.

05-31-10 04:40 PM
    Yeah, saw your opinion, but again, BGR's pros/cons of the Bold 9650 are in line with what other reviewers have stated so not really sure what the issue is.

Ahh, I see. Well, rather than forcing me to retype what I already wrote, refer to my previous posts for an explanation. I can't speak for others in this thread, but those are my main points of contention.

05-31-10 05:01 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD