I tried to do an update to no avail, I think it may be because I have 7.1.0.402 on my phone instead of the 7.1.0.267 (last official from Sprint) so no matter what I did (checked device, BBDS on my mac and PC) and nothing everybody says there is no update and that was from last night @ 8 til now and nothing, but with all the up and down reports I think I will wait and see what is up.
    I suggest downgrading to .267 and you should get a message to upgrade to .580
    dakid72 likes this.
    07-21-12 11:58 AM
    If you have done the update and Sevice Analyser isnt showing go to options and
    do alt+BBDA

This will re-enable the option in the menu.

Just creating a .580 hybrid for the 9900 should make for interesting usage.
    I had no idea this could be done. A big thank you from me

The best thing I've noticed so far is that it seems my battery life has improved some. Especially in poor coverage areas where it matters most to save battery power.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 07-21-12 at 12:59 PM. Reason: More
    07-21-12 12:36 PM
    . Some people will tell you NEVER to do an update OTA because it's bound to get screwed up. .
    My procedure for an OTA update is fully charged battery and only over Wifi with excellent signal. Then once things start I set it in a desk drawer on my office in my home and leave it alone, checking on it ever 1/2 hr. This helps me to resist the urge to tamper with it as it does take some time. Really looking forward to updates on BB10 the way they work with the PlayBook
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-21-12 12:43 PM
    I downloaded my OTA Sprint update this morning. No problems so far. The only difference I see is in the call log, it has the area code on phone numbers in columns. Also, the find contacts area in the call log seems to have larger text. So far that's all. Good update.
    07-21-12 01:49 PM
    I would think that the carrier would have tested the upgrade. I understand they cant test it for every single configuration, but it should be good. Anyone know how a carrier tests a no OS or an upgrade?
    07-21-12 02:25 PM
    How can I install this update on my Verizon's 9930 please ?
    07-21-12 02:29 PM
    How can I install this update on my Verizon's 9930 please ?
    To get the whole DM update for uploading for others: (must have installed the update with Desktop Manager)
    - Go To your "Application Data\Research in Motion\Blackberry\Loader Cache" folder
    (on 64-bit/new DM I believe its: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\Application Loader\Cache\randomly generated folder name)
    - highlight CDMA (or UMTS) and Java folder (aswell as any .alx files or other files in that folder)
    - Right click and add them to a .zip/rar file
    - Upload to file host of your choice
    Last edited by lyricidal; 07-21-12 at 02:46 PM.
    07-21-12 02:43 PM
    To get the whole DM update for uploading for others: (must have installed the update with Desktop Manager)
    - Go To your "Application Data\Research in Motion\Blackberry\Loader Cache" folder
    (on 64-bit/new DM I believe its: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\Application Loader\Cache\randomly generated folder name)
    - highlight CDMA (or UMTS) and Java folder (aswell as any .alx files or other files in that folder)
    - Right click and add them to a .zip/rar file
    - Upload to file host of your choice
    Java only for swaps etc.
    07-21-12 02:49 PM
    BBM is freaking missing.....unbelievable.
    07-21-12 03:16 PM
    I just updated mine works perfect
    07-21-12 03:41 PM
    I'm not sure why I don't have any problems with OTA's, but I've been updating with OTA's since my Curve 8330 days. These are the steps I always take before downloading:
    1. I use the default theme.
    2. Make sure signal is very good.
    3. Remove memory card.
    4. I leave the phone ALONE.
    5. Two battery pulls immediately after completion.
    This has been working for me with NO PROBLEMS for approx 5yrs of BlackBerry updates
    I have had the same experiences: no problems whatsoever. Question though, why do you remove the memory card?
    07-21-12 06:24 PM
    I have had the same experiences: no problems whatsoever. Question though, why do you remove the memory card?
    Because that's the way Sprint Cooperate store does it . I guess just incase of a mishap
    07-21-12 07:32 PM
    not that my 2 cents matter but this is how I did the OTA update.....I was running the latest OSBB hybrid.....did a bbsak wipe.... uploaded sprints .267.....when it rebooted I did the check updates part......the .580 was there I started it....set phone down and let go.....after it finished i connected to network did a security wipe and have had no issues....the simplicity of it may help someone.....sometimes we tend to overthink things....hope this helps someone...and just because your at a point with issues does not mean you can not do a bbsak wipe and go at it again......luck to all
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-21-12 09:00 PM
    Cool; you mirrored my zip file.
    07-21-12 10:55 PM

Works well lol

07-21-12 11:23 PM
    I've had no problems with the OTA update but i'll be wiping/reloading the instant the full setup is available!
    07-21-12 11:28 PM
    Does either of yours contain Chinese input?

Thanks.

07-22-12 12:37 AM
    Does either of yours contain Chinese input?

Thanks.

Nope.

sent on my #osbb 9930 via tapatalk
    07-22-12 06:31 AM
    What does "3G Bands 1,4,8" mean?

I'm running the C-Sprire Wireless version on my VZ phone and mine states "3G Bands 1,8".
    07-22-12 07:45 AM
    What does "3G Bands 1,4,8" mean?

I'm running the C-Sprire Wireless version on my VZ phone and mine states "3G Bands 1,8".
    It's a 9900's screenshot not a 9930's one
    07-22-12 08:17 AM
    (Im)patiently waiting for someone to post a link where us VZW folk can download and enjoy the goodness too....
    07-22-12 08:38 AM
    (Im)patiently waiting for someone to post a link where us VZW folk can download and enjoy the goodness too....
    Until the update is available via DM or on Sprint's BlackBerry servers, it won't happen. Hopefully in a weeks time..
    07-22-12 08:40 AM
    There are no links to post, it's OTA only at the moment.
    07-22-12 08:41 AM

Links have been posted for the Java files and other new files. I just downloaded, unzippedn and copied over files in another update folder.

Seems to work fine...shows I'm on new version.

Chuck
    07-22-12 09:23 AM
    Links have been posted for the Java files and other new files. I just downloaded, unzippedn and copied over files in another update folder.

Seems to work fine...shows I'm on new version.

Chuck
    Not totally the same as the full update - you'll notice the full update has the platform 5.1.0.429 while just swapping the Java will leave you with the platform of the OS you copied it over (most likely 5.1.0.393 if you had 7.1.0.523 installed before)

It does the job for the time being though and I'll be doing the same on my 9810
    PJD642 likes this.
    07-22-12 11:07 AM
125 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD