For some odd reason, I've been getting a lot of freezes and spinning clock symbols recently. I haven't downloaded any extra applications, I clean my browser's history and cache, log (alt+L, G, L, G), use the memory cleaning application and pull my battery ~3 times a day. I have a maximum of about 51MB of free memory after a battery pull and I'm running OS 6.0.0.546. I was on 448 but I got updated to 546 via DM. The spinning clock comes up almost any time, even if I'm just writing an email, looking at a mobile website or even going through my settings. The worst places are the browser and the Facebook application.

The browser, when I look at a full site, can make the spinning clock appear for about 10 seconds before it closes the page. All I do is visit www.JamesList.com, click on a link or two and the webpage is apparently too large. OS 5 didn't seem to have a problem with it. Facebook, I joke not when I say that when I browse friends' photo albums, the clock has appeared for up to 50 seconds at a time, then a few seconds of free movement, then another pain staking wait. Memory cleaning doesn't help and neither does having all other applications closed. I must say I'm a very patient person, but my patience runs thin when using my 9700 for essentials. I had a shrunk version of 534, but I still had the same problems, but not as extensive as 546.

Any advice on how to deal with the spinning clock?

Cheers!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Joel_Zimmerman; 07-06-11 at 08:35 PM.
    07-06-11 08:33 PM
    Could just be the way that OS is for your phone. I have heard a lot of people say how good .546 is, but there are a few that mentioned the spinning clock more.

I would do a wipe and try another OS build and see how it works. Another thing too a new OS takes time to settle in, so it could be that as well.

I am back on .448 as I didn't feel like installing a new OS on the new Bold I exchanged and has actually worked quite well. Reason I mention it could be the OS, I used to have .448 on an my other Bold and had all kind of problems. Same OS, Different phones. (Well all of them 9700's.)

I say have a go at another OS or try the one you are on again. Might settle in better.

If all else fails, go back to OS5. I rarely ever got the clock on 5.

Good luck!

07-07-11 05:27 PM
    What I would recommend is look through ur apps, I've found apps like news feeds, traffic and a couple other similar apps are eating away at avalible memory and causes the "hourglass"ing your stating

07-09-11 03:36 PM
    If you use whatsapp, try uninstalling it...

07-09-11 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD