You people are funny. Haters will always hate.

Nothing wrong with my 9900 from day one.
    Can I borrow your 9900 for a day or 2 and I will test it to make sure there are no issues? lol
    07-28-11 05:51 AM
    To be fair this happens to everyone really. Maybe not this specific issue but things break, aren't made well, are delivered faulty, etc. Multiple Android devices have had hardware issues. Antennagate anyone? The Tour 9630 had crappy trackball issues galore, PlayBook recalls--dead pixels--faulty wifi radios, and on and on. When you're maaasss producing (as in millions and millions of units in a short timeframe) delicate electronic devices, there are going to be some quality lapses, defaults, and faulty units.

Again, hopefully this was caught before full production, only involves the test units, and doesn't come near consumer supplies. We don't want delays or to be playing BlackBerry Roulette hoping we don't get the rare busted-up device in the chamber!
    Now you see the reason behind this thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-batch-626537/
    07-28-11 06:19 AM
    Now you see the reason behind this thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-batch-626537/
    I am still calling BS!

But just because my 9900 works does not mean there are not problems with some of the units.

More likely the 9900 is not at AT&T because they are getting the Torch 2 first and shortly after the all touch device called the 9860. These will drop before the 9900 which will be later for what ever reason.

You got to remember that AT&T can not have anything take away from it's new iPhone 5 introduction
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 07-28-11 at 08:54 AM.
    07-28-11 06:28 AM
    I have a source that confirmed this is bs. Lol... Wtf is with all these unnamed sources that confirm random stuff? Circuitboard issues would have been caught very early on in testing... It isn't as if rim is new to hardware manufacturing to let something so obvious slip out.

Plus, the fact that the article has no specifics as to what error or problem was exibited should raise some concern as to the validity of this article.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Welcome to BGR reporting...while we all support journalism with integrity, BGR is perfectly fine with reporting issues and citing smoke and mirrors for sources. Many of their reports remain unconfirmed, many times against the general consensus and continue to add to the doom and gloom outlook on RIM.

For example, I find this latest report, does not prove that it is timely and comes out on the tails of the widely anticipated BB7 device announcement, which turned out to be BB7FanNight. It is not a wild suggestion that many who anticipated a device announcement will read this article and make their own conclusions.
    07-28-11 07:37 AM
    It's always hard to detect sarcasm with text conversations, aye?

Yep

9000 & Tapatalk
    07-28-11 08:02 AM
    Better to catch it now. If that is true, the delay is unfortunate but we all know it will be worth it in the end. I need to get my fix back on. Enough of this android frag.
    07-28-11 08:49 AM
    I am still calling BS!

But just because my 9900 works does not mean there are not problems with some of the units.

More likely the 9900 is not at AT&T because they are getting the Torch 2 first and shortly after the all touch device called the 9860. These will drop before the 9900 which will be later for what ever reason.

You got to remember that AT&T can not have anything take away from it's new iPhone 5 introduction

If thats the case, I'll be switching over to Verizon or T-Mobile.
    07-28-11 09:45 AM
    Sadly that is true. The Bold will take the back seat while the iphone gets all the limelight.
    07-28-11 10:01 AM
    delayed?no ,it isn't it will lanuch in sep.early......i hope...
    07-28-11 12:27 PM
    The only carrier that I have heard rumored to maybe be pushed all the way back to November is AT&T and more than likely if it is true will be sue to them getting the Torch2 out the door 1st then bringing the Bold. That is just what I have gathered from following posts and leaks, but nothing is concrete yet so who knows at this point.
    What you mention as the likely reason for the November AT&T release....
    ...Is the same reason I was given for Sprint.
    ...Only with Sprint the device given 1st feeding rights is the Droid Photon.

As others have mentioned RIM does not determine when the units they have sold to the Carriers...
    ...Are released by the Carriers to the end users.
    ...The Carriers employ marketing strategy which factors in numerous devices.

If the Marketing guru's @ the Carriers believe that by releasing specific phones @ specific times - will in the end generate more sales - then offering every phone for sale as soon as they get them - the Carriers will absolutely follow that rubric.

Due to the number of phones our company has with Sprint I would like to think when our Rep tells me something it's better than the average information one gets when calling into CS.

I was one of the few people who got to play around with a Playbook 2 months prior to being released at Bestbuy - A RIM rep paid a visit to our company prior to leaving for Seatac just to show me the device.

In the case with Sprint I was led to believe the reason for the delay ( if there indeed is one ) is 100% due to Marketing determinations ( Not Hardware issues ).

I know from the tech people I've talked to internally with Sprint the Photon is on their training Schedule in approx 10 days and that training will pre-date the release of the Droid Photon - there is no mention of any training for RIM or any new device from RIM as of yet.
    07-28-11 03:23 PM
    This is shaping up to be exactly like the release of the original Bold 3 years ago. It would be better if AT&T could get the 9900 out in mid August a good month before the iPhone 5 drop, though, because as much as us folks here might appreciate it, it's bound to generate a collective yawn and, unfortunately, negative comparisons if -- nay, when, as it increasingly looks -- AT&T drops it after the iPhone.
    07-28-11 03:42 PM
    Welcome to BGR reporting...while we all support journalism with integrity, BGR is perfectly fine with reporting issues and citing smoke and mirrors for sources. Many of their reports remain unconfirmed, many times against the general consensus and continue to add to the doom and gloom outlook on RIM.
    That's just lame. What's even more upsetting is when other journalists reference BGR as a reliable source. really?!
    07-28-11 07:33 PM
    The quality of information over at BGR has dropped over the last year. I have also noticed significant slants towards certain devices and mfg's when I myself have owned/used the same devices and found little or no major issues and I am a demanding tech user.
    07-28-11 08:33 PM
    BGR is a load of ****.
    gord888 likes this.
    07-28-11 08:49 PM
    Maybe rim will have official tweet reply on this?

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    07-28-11 08:53 PM
    I question the validity of this rumor!
    07-29-11 09:11 AM
    I blame the carriers!
    It was the carriers that were also at fault for the storm's release too, and not RIM pushing out a highly defective os
    07-29-11 03:45 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD