07-27-11 08:41 PM
    For those not wanting to view link

One of our sources has confirmed to us the reason for the BlackBerry Bold 9900′s delay. Some of you may have heard the rumor from BGR that the Bold 9900′s release was pushed to September. We have learned that a hardware issue was at fault for the delay. Although, we�re not sure if the Bold 9900 will actually be delayed all the way until September (we sure hope not!).

Many users who had pre-release units were sending them back to RIM, many times more than just one. At first, RIM thought it was a software issue. However, it turns out it was actually an issue with the printing on the circuit boards. We�re told RIM should have corrected this error, but we sure hope none of these misfit 9900′s and 9930′s make their way on to store shelves.
    07-27-11 08:42 PM
    Not good. Where is it made?
    How come this stuff comes out before lauch? Should be confidential.
    which september, this year ?

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    07-27-11 08:46 PM
    Calling all testers... Is this BS or are you having problems?
    07-27-11 08:59 PM
    I blame the carriers!
    07-27-11 09:31 PM
    Its probably the reason it was delayed to begin with since this article gives no dates......just sayin.
    07-27-11 09:59 PM
    i saw someone say this on these forums a few months ago and everyone crapped on her.
    07-27-11 10:01 PM
    I blame the carriers!
    For what, bad circuit boards?
    07-27-11 10:03 PM
    Bad message board? Bad forum?

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    07-27-11 10:04 PM
    I blame the carriers!

They ordered PC boards, from BFE to save money I guess? And assembled full units before inspecting all the parts or the design prints and announce the new stuff long before all that happens?

Make a design
    Build a prototype
    Build another prototype if necessary
    Order parts
    Sort any part problems
    Test first units in house
    Test more units in the field
    No Problems?
    Announce the product
    Crank the knob until production is at full speed.

I started building electronics with my bare hands in the 70's and yeah its all surface mount now but that doesn't excuse stuff like this. No way in **** is management at RIM functioning properly if this is true.

No way.

BlackBerry 9000 & Tapatalk
    07-27-11 10:05 PM
    i saw someone say this on these forums a few months ago and everyone crapped on her.
    That makes me feel better.
    For what, bad circuit boards?
    Turn your sarcasm detector back on!!
    They ordered PC boards, from BFE to save money I guess? And assembled full units before inspecting all the parts or the design prints and announce the new stuff long before all that happens?

Make a design
    Build a prototype
    Order parts
    Sort any part problems
    No Problems?
    Announce the product

I started building electronics with my bare hands in the 70's and yeah its all surface mount now but that doesn't excuse stuff like this. No way in **** is management at RIM functioning properly if this is true.

No way.

So I typed all that because someone didn't check a date?

07-27-11 10:06 PM

Make a design
    Build a prototype
    Order parts
    Sort any part problems
    No Problems?
    Announce the product

No way.

Not that RIM would admit what the actual problem is, but it was just my guess that we're waiting for the cellular carriers to finish their testing of these new devices. As to whether the reason for the delay is a manufacturing defect, that is also a distinct possibility. I like your reasoning.
    07-27-11 10:43 PM
    It's always hard to detect sarcasm with text conversations, aye?
    07-27-11 10:45 PM
    For those not wanting to view link

One of our sources has confirmed to us the reason for the BlackBerry Bold 9900′s delay. Some of you may have heard the rumor from BGR that the Bold 9900′s release was pushed to September. We have learned that a hardware issue was at fault for the delay. Although, we�re not sure if the Bold 9900 will actually be delayed all the way until September (we sure hope not!).

Many users who had pre-release units were sending them back to RIM, many times more than just one. At first, RIM thought it was a software issue. However, it turns out it was actually an issue with the printing on the circuit boards. We�re told RIM should have corrected this error, but we sure hope none of these misfit 9900′s and 9930′s make their way on to store shelves.
    Let's try to take a lesson from the BlackBerry BB7FanNight episode and try to read carefully. As I understand this, they are reporting on old news. Old news in the sense that this information was not widely circulated AND that RIM has already had time to receive and action the noted items.

Perhaps they had an earlier release date target that has now been missed due to this issue and here we are today still with no information on release dates...
    07-27-11 10:55 PM
    I really cant imagine that they dont test circuits etc before putting them out on field test. Do we know what was going on? Losing calls? Screen blanking out? Wonder what was going on.
    07-27-11 10:56 PM
    I was led to believe that the consumer wouldn't be getting the Bold Touch until around November of this year....
    ...This does not really shock me - however I was told it was related to marketing.
    ...Let's hope both are WRONG.
    07-27-11 11:12 PM
    Anyone know what kind of issues this would cause the device? If they ever release, I would hate for any defective handsets to make it into distribution. RIM said the recalled PlayBooks never made it into the supply chains yet multiple recalled s/ns have made it into customer hands and their stories into the forum here. *sigh*

Hopefully this is just all old news, was limited to test devices, and has already been cleared up as has been suggested here. :/
    Last edited by d5115r; 07-27-11 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Fixed small typos. I blame my PlayBook! :p
    07-27-11 11:22 PM
    lol first the playbook now this....
    07-27-11 11:55 PM
    lol first the playbook now this....
    To be fair this happens to everyone really. Maybe not this specific issue but things break, aren't made well, are delivered faulty, etc. Multiple Android devices have had hardware issues. Antennagate anyone? The Tour 9630 had crappy trackball issues galore, PlayBook recalls--dead pixels--faulty wifi radios, and on and on. When you're maaasss producing (as in millions and millions of units in a short timeframe) delicate electronic devices, there are going to be some quality lapses, defaults, and faulty units.

Again, hopefully this was caught before full production, only involves the test units, and doesn't come near consumer supplies. We don't want delays or to be playing BlackBerry Roulette hoping we don't get the rare busted-up device in the chamber!
    07-28-11 12:04 AM
    I have a source that confirmed this is bs. Lol... Wtf is with all these unnamed sources that confirm random stuff? Circuitboard issues would have been caught very early on in testing... It isn't as if rim is new to hardware manufacturing to let something so obvious slip out.

Plus, the fact that the article has no specifics as to what error or problem was exibited should raise some concern as to the validity of this article.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gord888; 07-28-11 at 12:24 AM.
    07-28-11 12:21 AM
    This is simply untrue. CX has repeatedly said that Bold 9900 is done and ready. Only thing holding it back is the software. He has not mentioned if it's being field tested at AT&T. But that doesn't mean the hardware is faulty.I see a smear campaign if full force to keep RIM down, since competition is aware the moment they get the software right (finish their platform transition), it would spell trouble for them.
    07-28-11 01:48 AM
    You people are funny. Haters will always hate.

Nothing wrong with my 9900 from day one.
    07-28-11 05:20 AM
    I was led to believe that the consumer wouldn't be getting the Bold Touch until around November of this year....
    ...This does not really shock me - however I was told it was related to marketing.
    ...Let's hope both are WRONG.
    The only carrier that I have heard rumored to maybe be pushed all the way back to November is AT&T and more than likely if it is true will be sue to them getting the Torch2 out the door 1st then bringing the Bold. That is just what I have gathered from following posts and leaks, but nothing is concrete yet so who knows at this point.
    07-28-11 05:50 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD