I've been having batt draining and overheating issues over the past month.. I'm currently running Roger's .282. Yesterday I got a new batt which seemed to have solved the batt drain and overheating issue, but as the att rep installed a new batt he got one of those air can blowers to clean my phone. i havent used my phone all day since i got a new batt but today after receiving some calls, sms, bbms, and playing music, my sound has been distorted.. the only thing i can think of is when the rep cleaned my phone he may have blown my speakers to hard... do you think thats the issue?? how can i fix it?!? thanks!!
    07-15-09 11:26 AM
    Sounds like he could have possibly torn the speaker if they used compressed air directly on the speaker (who would do that anyways... idiots...) Take it back to the store and have them swap the phone if its under warranty
    07-15-09 11:50 AM
    Try using the headset just to check it's not distorting there and if not (I suspect it won't) then the speaker will be damaged. A tiny speaker like that isn't even worth contemplating repair so you'd need a new speaker.

Take it back to the store and explain it to them and see what they say. If they broke it it's surely not your responsibility to fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 11:50 AM
    i kno if they replace my phone i'll get a refurb.. which i realllly do not want.. ive read too many stories of a bad refurb...
    07-15-09 11:54 AM
    Try using the headset just to check it's not distorting there and if not (I suspect it won't) then the speaker will be damaged. A tiny speaker like that isn't even worth contemplating repair so you'd need a new speaker.

Take it back to the store and explain it to them and see what they say. If they broke it it's surely not your responsibility to fix it.

and headset worked fine for me.. no distortion at all.. just the phones speaker
    07-15-09 11:56 AM
    Sounds like a damaged speaker unfortunately. Take the phone back to where the damage occured or claim on your insurance

07-15-09 02:41 PM
    Since when are refurbs a negative thing? I hate how peolple go on and on about that. Horror stories about refurbs? I hear more horror stories about new phones! Refurbished phones are a lot of times, better than new, because they've been cleaned, tested, and fitted with new exterior parts. This isn't a brand new luxury car--it's a phone for crying out loud.
    07-15-09 04:20 PM
    I can honestly say that refurbs are usually great. I never purchased a refurb but when i had my 8330 on vz i had it replaced once with dust and the second refurb(yep sucked) it functioned perfectly but the screen was much dimmer than the original new.. Then i had that replaced and the 3rd refurb was perfect. Worked better than the new one. Although its all luck of the draw.
    07-15-09 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD