Ok all of the sudden I no longer have any external sound! if I put a call on speaker or get a text with sound I cannot hear it at all. Did I change something without knowing it? I was messing with a bunch of settings and deleted some stuff is their a way I deleted the speaker somehow?
    08-13-09 11:32 AM
    Can you hear the phone ring when someone calls?
    If not, might be the actual speaker is messed up

I don't know if you could delete the speaker, but as a precaution, you can try reinstall the OS.
    08-13-09 11:43 AM
    You didn't turn it all the way down with the volume rocker on the side, did you? Also check default volume under Phone>Options. You may have also selected the Quiet Profile.
    08-13-09 11:46 AM
    well no ring either when I select ring I get a red dot in the corner and when I choose the speaker phone function its a red 3 line curve.
    08-13-09 12:33 PM
    well no ring either when I select ring I get a red dot in the corner and when I choose the speaker phone function its a red 3 line curve.
    Where are you seeing these? You didn't delete all the media files, including ringtones and sounds?
    08-13-09 12:39 PM
    for the ringer up on the left corner for my profiles and when I choose speker phone it comes up on the screen that its selected but its in red. No all ring tones and sounds are all still there. I can here them trough the hand set option but not external speaker option!
    08-13-09 12:47 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? Long shot, but an easy try.
    08-13-09 01:06 PM
    yeap did the battery pull thingy
    08-13-09 03:10 PM
    yeap did the battery pull thingy
    Yeah, I'm out of ideas. Not knowing what you deleted may mean you do need to reinstall the OS. It could be a hardware issue, but the OS install is the easiest next step.
    08-13-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD