hello. i got this blackberry bold back in june and so far it's been the best phone i've ever had. i haven't really had any problems with it until today.
    the space key and the end/power key are now locking the screen. i have restarted my phone several times and the problem still persists, making it pretty much impossible to send text messages or power off the phone. i have dropped the phone once or twice, but never from very high distances and also not recently. i'm wondering if perhaps i need to reload the software? not sure.
    please help!
    thanks!
    10-19-10 11:12 AM
    First of all, try reloading the OS using loader.exe found in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\blackberry\ and then see if it does anything, as it will also update the device software if a later version is released prior to you getting it in june.

Second, if that doesn't do anything, take it in to your carrier's store and get a warranty repair on it, or an exchange, but make sure that you backup *everything* prior, using the Device Switch Wizard and then restore the device with everything that was on the old one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-10 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD