OK, so this is almost too trivial to even mention, as it doesn't affect the performance of this great new BlackBerry device at all. However, I thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone else has noticed this.

My BlackBerry Tour 9630 would make little alert/event sounds at specific times. For instance, it would make a little sound when I plugged in the charger or unplugged it. The same sounds would happen when I used the charging dock. These sounds were similar to those that Windows makes when you plug or unplug a USB device. The Tour would also make a little sound to indicate when the battery was fully charged (my wife's 8530 Curve makes this sound as well). And finally, the Tour would make a little musical sound when it was powered on and powered off. The new BlackBerry Bold 9650 does not seem to make any of these sounds. I was not running any special themes or anything on the Tour, so I just wondered if this is something RIM decided to leave out or if there is a setting(s) that I need to adjust to make these sounds occur.

Like I said, these little sounds are rather insignificant but I am just curious about their omission with the new Bold 9650. Am I the only one who noticed this? I sure hope this quesion of mine doesn't spawn a wave of messages, where people scold me with things like "Who really cares?" or "Get a Life!"

Heh-heh...thanks for your input on this matter. I hope everyone is enjoying their new BlackBerry 9650.
    06-04-10 11:40 PM
    * bump *

Has anyone else noticed this issue? Any ideas?
    06-08-10 08:23 PM
    * bump *

Has anyone else noticed this issue? Any ideas?
    Go to options/advanced options/accessibility and turn event sounds to on. Then the phone will make the sounds that you're describing
    06-08-10 08:47 PM
    You are a genius sabbotage! Thank you very much. I know these sounds may seem a bit trivial, but once you get used to them, you suddenly miss them when they're gone. I still don't know how they got turned on with my Tour. Must have done it by accident. =o)

Thanks again for your help. It is very much appreciated.
    06-08-10 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD