Hi all,

For the past couple of weeks, the sound on my bb bold has been non existent for the most part - now and again I can hear a text message arrive very quietly but mostly, there is no sound. This means I am missing calls, texts and emails, and even my alarm is out of order.

I've been into the profiles and checked they weren't muted, but I wonder what else to do? Might it be something to do with the mute button at the top of the phone? Its driving me mad - I love my BB but I just want it to make some noise!

Thanks in advance for any help!

xx
    11-07-09 05:15 PM
    Open your music player, play a song at the max sound level, then squeeze the top part of your bold from the corners or from the camera area (I'm not sure which way works) most of my friends had the same problem and some of their bolds got their noise back right back after the squeeze and some of them did not the ones that did not however got a replacement

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 01:53 AM
    Hi all,

For the past couple of weeks, the sound on my bb bold has been non existent for the most part - now and again I can hear a text message arrive very quietly but mostly, there is no sound. This means I am missing calls, texts and emails, and even my alarm is out of order.

I've been into the profiles and checked they weren't muted, but I wonder what else to do? Might it be something to do with the mute button at the top of the phone? Its driving me mad - I love my BB but I just want it to make some noise!

Thanks in advance for any help!

xx
    There are quite a few Bolds that have had sound quality problems. I got tired of doing the squeeze maneuver over and over
    - then put a piece of paper under the back cover just above the camera flash. That put constant pressure on the area instead of always squeezing it. That finally failed too. Since I had it less than a year I took it into an at&t tech support center and after they
    examined it for water damage and asked me how many times I had dropped it (correct answer is "I haven't dropped it"), they replaced it with a refurb. I am very happy with this device and the sound quality is superb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 10:09 AM
    Thanks both of you! I did the squeezy thing and I got my sound back but the volume was minimal once I put the back cover on again. So, I got a small piece of paper and placed it above the flash and put the case back on and now the sound is back to normal. So thanks a million! I really appreciate it.

Can one of you explain to me what exactly the squeeze thing and paper does though as I can't get my head around why it works! lol

Thanks x
    11-08-09 11:05 AM
    The plastic rivets around the flash didnt or are not holding right if you order a new mid plate you can loose the paper but the paper works and quit well
    11-08-09 11:17 AM
    As many, I had the same problem, I tried the paper solution but every time a did a battery pull had to replace paper,

My solution, I inserted a thin piece of plastic (actually from a medicine blister) between top edge of flash and midlate. I�ve done this over a month ago and my sound level is back to superb. This seems to mantainf pressure in the right place constantly).

In my "third world country" my carrier would not replace device as they said that as long sounds are audible the device is not malfunctioning!!!

So, it is obvious by now that there is a design or manufacturing problem that generates this problem to so many Bold users.

Remember, my "plastic blister" solution is a high tech one, and can only be perfomed by RIM trained technicians!
    11-08-09 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD