Lately I've noticed that when i'm at work, sitting at my desk.. the phone will go into 'sos' mode usualy when i notice, the phone feels like it is overheating.

For example, today the only reason i noticed is because i pressed my hand against my jacket to check if i had my phone on me before i left, and i could feel the heat. Took it out, and it said 'sos' in signal bar. Normally it will go away on it's own, other times i just reset it and it will come back with 5 bars when it starts up.
    When i reset it today, it came back as if the phone had reverted back to stock out of the box state (maybe even less then out of box state) with about 5-6 run errror msg's as if it couldn't read/ the harddrive was crapped. After talking the battery/sim card out, blowing it out w/ air, and reseting 3 more times, it came back up with everything normal. Only to go back into 'sos' 5min later. Well, this was 5min ago and it's back to 2-3bars.

and it seems that days i'm at work, my battery will only last 1 maybe 2 days. but on my days off it will last 3-4 days. Seeing as i don't actually use my phone FOR work, i use it the same all week so it's not like the days i'm at work i'm using the phone a lot and draining the battery. Possibly because it's so hard to get signal here?

Anyone else have these issues before? I think it's time to go home and back-up everything i have on the phone in fear of loosing everything.
    05-30-09 05:02 PM
    Sounds like maybe you are in a very weak signal area at work. Do you switch to 2G while there?
    05-30-09 05:13 PM
    yeah, i pretty much work in a concrete bunker. I can understand the weak signal.
    It's mostly when i'm sitting at my desk, but it will automatically switch, it will sometimes be on 3g, but most of the time it sits at 1-2bars on EDGE.

What worries me is the heat issue and booting up with a list of errors/ programs unable to run.
    05-30-09 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD