Hi ppl! I've bought recently BB9780 (before had absolutely nothing to with BB - I'm new) and I've met a couple of problems using it - firstly i cant add any other language other from English,
    and when i write sms its size remained 70 characters - how i can increase it to 160 (as in normal phone?).

thnx a lot!
    04-25-11 02:54 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

It is likeley that English is the only installed language. You can check this by going to Options, Typing and Input, Language. There is a drop down that will list the installed languages.

If the language you wish is not listed, then it can easily be installed from your PC.

However, first off, please let us know
    -the language you are trying to install
    -the carrier you are currently using
    -which country you are in
    -the BlackBerry Operating System (OS) version you are running. To do this, please go to Options, Device, About Device Versions and read off the 3rd line down. It should contain (v6.0.0.xxx. Platform whatever) The xxx is the OS version.

It may be worthwhile upgrading to the latest OS at the same time. We can get to that bit later.
    04-25-11 03:13 PM
    German, Vodafone in Germany, OS v6.0.0.448

thnx for help!
    04-25-11 06:19 PM
    is there anybody who can help?
    04-27-11 01:49 PM
    Look on the stickies at the top of this forum and you will find how to install a new or add languages and other software.
    04-27-11 02:00 PM
    if you search the forums or google it you can find a lot of info on finding languages. on matter what it is you can download it on your phone somehow
    04-27-11 11:41 PM
    German, Vodafone in Germany, OS v6.0.0.448

thnx for help!
    �ber den Desktop-Manager solltest du zus�tzliche Sprachen installieren k�nnen. Schonmal probiert?

Zu dem Problem mit den 70 Zeichen kann ich nichts sagen, hab ich zumindest bei mir nicht.

Eventuell magst du die Firmware nochmal neu installieren?
    04-28-11 12:47 AM
    initially there were english and russian in the BB.
    i have installed the Desktop-Manager! when i connect my bb in the applications there are no languages, i mean i do not see how it can be added!

or should i install them separately?

and what can be done with this 70 characters?!
    04-29-11 10:59 AM
    For the additional languages, you need to download and install your preferred OS to your PC. Then connect your phone to Desktop Manager and click on Applications. The additional languages will now show as an option to install onto your phone.

For 70 characters SMS issue, you need to change the Data Coding option from UCS2 to 7 Bit.
    Text Messages > Menu > Options > Data Coding = 7 Bit > Escape and Save
    This will now give you 160 characters SMS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-11 11:12 AM
    Phill,
    thnx for help! now I have my 160 characters!

with the languages:
    when i connect BB to computer and open desktop manager - in the applications i see apps which are saved on the bb and that's it!
    04-30-11 11:14 AM
    Try to update your OS to the latest:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f219/la...bility-608916/

Dont forget to delete the Vendor.xml after OS install.
    Then hit the Loader.exe. In the Setup you can check your Languages you want to install.

Win7:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    05-01-11 08:49 AM
    Phill,
    thnx for help! now I have my 160 characters!

with the languages:
    when i connect BB to computer and open desktop manager - in the applications i see apps which are saved on the bb and that's it!
    Have you actually downloaded and installed the OS onto your PC?

If you have, try disconnecting your PC internet connection first, then connect your phone to Desktop Manager and click on Applications.

This happens to me when I connect to DM with my PC internet connection on, and all I see are the apps installed on my phone.
    However with the PC internet connection off, I can see all the OS modules available too. No idea why that happens

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-11 09:01 AM
    If you have, try disconnecting your PC internet connection first, then connect your phone to Desktop Manager and click on Applications.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

That works like a charm. Pretty strange but it does work.
    05-01-11 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD