Hi

After a bit of muddling around i found a solution 'sort of' for the white flash issue

that people were finding after updating to .359. The solution is a security wipe.

I didn't believe it either but i tried it and it WORKS. But now when i restore my

BBM contacts it starts again. I think there is a problem with the BBM icon when

it appears in the task bar. Anyone havin the same issue try this and let me know
    01-15-11 11:58 AM
    Can you re explain the white line problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 12:38 PM
    Well when ever you pressed the menu key you would see a white line appear for a fleeting second just above the buttons, on the screen and also one line to the
    right edge of the screen. This would happen very often but after doing a security wipe and before restoring the data i found that the problem had been sorted.

But, when i restored just the messenger contact list and BBM became active the
    problem started again. I can think of 2 reasons this could be happening :-
    1. It has something to do with the BBM icon that appears as an open program in the task manager list.
    2. It could also be bcoz of the blue highlight that is used when you move over an item to select it.

EDIT : I solved reason 2 by switching from 1 row of icons to 2 so that all my most used apps would be at the top and i wouldn't have to navigate to the bottom edge of the screen which is where when you press the menu key it flashes.

SOLUTION: Get a new theme made for BB9780 and see if that works. i think it should

Cheers !!
    01-15-11 11:17 PM
    UPDATE: Alrite finally the problem is with the OS itself. The thing is people notice it after installing .359 the reason is the os slows the device down so when u press the menu key the it tries to fill the screen with the taskbar and since it is slow it takes a bit of a second more to fill hence looking like a line. If u notice carefully it (the line) is actually the edge of your wallpaper and the flash at the bottom is blue which is the colour of the highlighter. SIMPLE !!

SOLUTION : Run the OS with the least number of Apps so as to speed it up. It works. Or, wait for RIM to release a newer quicker version of the OS.
    01-16-11 05:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD