Hi my name is Chris and i reside in Central FL. i have an iphone with 3g with at&t and im due for an upgrade and i am heavily interested in the Bold 9700. i have read on here that the new webkit should be released soon. my question is, should i just wait for it? or is it something that can be updated at a later time. This will be my first BB by the way
    01-04-10 02:23 AM
    Hi my name is Chris and i reside in Central FL. i have an iphone with 3g with at&t and im due for an upgrade and i am heavily interested in the Bold 9700. i have read on here that the new webkit should be released soon. my question is, should i just wait for it? or is it something that can be updated at a later time. This will be my first BB by the way
    You can update later. The updated browser on the 9700 actually isn't as terrible as everyone says. Its nowhere near the iPhone, but nothing is yet. Unless you spend hours on the web on your phone every day, the Blackberry browser is more than enough.
    01-04-10 02:30 AM
    cool sweet. i spend about 5hours a month on the iphone browser. im more of a e-mail, txt, IM-aholic. thanks for answering my question so quickly!

i think im tired of the iphone..its dull, and i use the same 3 applications day in and day out..
    01-04-10 02:36 AM
    cool sweet. i spend about 5hours a month on the iphone browser. im more of a e-mail, txt, IM-aholic. thanks for answering my question so quickly!

i think im tired of the iphone..its dull, and i use the same 3 applications day in and day out..
    Going by what you said, the 9700 will be the perfect phone for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 02:46 AM
    ^^word, i think im going to pull the trigger saturday
    01-04-10 02:50 AM
    I switched from the iPhone to the 9700 for the same reasons as you. Believe me you wont regret it! The push for emails and IM-ing is unreal plus the keyboard and trackpad is awesome!
    01-04-10 02:52 AM
    i think i've found a new home. is there a crackberry application or shortcut using the BB, or would i have to go to the browser everytime to come here
    01-04-10 02:54 AM

I had the same problem with the iPhone. It got boring. I did use my internet more (~350-500 mb a month), but its been a smooth and easy transition to the Bold.
    01-04-10 02:56 AM
    i think i've found a new home. is there a crackberry application or shortcut using the BB, or would i have to go to the browser everytime to come here
    Download the Crackberry launcher....

01-04-10 03:04 AM
    crackberry launcher, my usual 3 apps, and a phone thats not so dull...damn i think i found the perfect phone! thanks everyone!
    01-04-10 03:16 AM
    Now I can't wait to get one lol...

01-04-10 03:26 AM
    I think Blackberry is more towards what you use for phone for anyways. I would check out the new opera mini 5 beta and the bolt browsers. They might be closer to the iphone browser than the default one.
    01-04-10 08:52 AM
    well i've had my 9700 for about 13hours and i love it. i firmly believe i have made a good choice. its a fun device. and there is still a lot i need to learn. and some apps i have yet to apply. im waiting until i can get 8gb micro SD card before i put on any media. but so far so good! i love it! can someone tell me where to get the crackberry app. and the blackberry app. world?

thanks =)
    01-14-10 12:36 AM
    well i've had my 9700 for about 13hours and i love it. i firmly believe i have made a good choice. its a fun device. and there is still a lot i need to learn. and some apps i have yet to apply. im waiting until i can get 8gb micro SD card before i put on any media. but so far so good! i love it! can someone tell me where to get the crackberry app. and the blackberry app. world?

thanks =)
    01-14-10 12:36 AM
    01-14-10 12:40 AM
    oh..cool thanks man
    01-14-10 12:41 AM
    bump from the past!
    so a few months after getting my 9700 i went back to apple(not sure why) and i am back in the same spot. tired of the iphone. I currently have a 4 and picked it up not too long after its initial release date..quite some time ago...did not get excited about the 4s or the 5, and i doubt 5s or whatever it will be called, will make me jump for joy either.

Couple weeks ago, i got my hands on a 9900 and that spark in my brain went off, and i started to think about a BB since then. Ive been lurking on CB and the internet luckily to find out that BB10 is on the way to the states. The Q10 definitely tickles my fancy minus the fact it doesnt appear to have a trackpad(Which i actually do like)

My question is...should i just go ahead and get a 9900, or use my sisters 9700 until the q10 hits t-mobile?
    03-02-13 09:22 PM
    Whichever is free. I assume that is the 9700.
    03-03-13 01:15 AM
    Being that It hasn't been updated since about 2010 is there anything I should/shouldn't do or download?
    03-03-13 08:06 PM
    Even without being updated, you should be good to go - If you have a backup from your old BB, you could probably restore to the 9700 you have now. Just make sure your sister doesnt need anything from the device she gave you first.
    03-04-13 06:36 AM
    I still use a Bold 9700 and I love it with OS5 and OS6, remember to shrink the OS if you choose 6.0.0.xxx so you never have memory leak problems, then it works just as good as OS5.

Cheers~
    03-06-13 01:01 AM
    so i FINALLY got my 9700 in the mail today! its charging up right now, but i believe i have to get an actual(non-micro) sim card, and get a few of the buttons on the keyboard replaced!

i should be taking care of at least the sim card issue later on today.

STOOOKED

so i havent been in the loop in a while, but how would i "shrink" the OS? apparently kevin broke the site, so im unable to download the new OS right away.

feels damn good to be back home.
    03-06-13 01:44 PM
    So it seems my sister acquired water damage and that MIGHT be why a few of my buttons don't work. Ill make due for a few days until I can get a diagnostic and get it repaired.

Definitely gonna wait for the new q10.

I am however running into a problem setting up my email. It says it has a problem connecting to the server, even though I'm on wireless. any remedies? I'm currently on my iphone in a Burger King in a pretty questionable side of town so is rather not connect my MacBook to the BK wireless

The journey home continues!
    03-06-13 05:43 PM
    so it seems like i have everything up and running. OS6 and such(beautiful display even on my 9700) but my O button not working is killing me! i cant type in any of my email addresses and such

want to be sure that its a keyboard issue and not anything more than that, so im going to tough it out until i have time to get a diagnostic ran.
    03-07-13 02:04 AM
    That's good that you didn't buy the 9900. You might as well wait for another month to get the Q10 with the new operating system, not the 9900 with an old OS. Imagine if you actually bought the 9900; you would've been stuck in a two-year contract with AT&T with an outdated phone!! Smart that you decided to wait for the Q10!
    03-15-13 06:05 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD