okay, Im using a curve and my house has poor reception, Im thinking, that if on 3g, I will get much more clear calls in general. I was gonna get the new curve, however, I think the main thing pulling me towards the bold is the voice + data.

I was worried about battery life, should I just get an extended battery? Im always playing music and such off my phone....so, with 3g and all that media.....wont it die much to fast?

and are calls a lot more clear via 3g?
    06-14-09 06:47 PM
    3G isnt always guaranteed that it may work in your area or all areas, but you can always do the 30 day trial and see how it does for you, and if its better, keep it, if its crap, return it.
    06-14-09 07:34 PM
    As for extended battery it is always a good option if your an abuser, well then again i abuse my bold, but i am always near a outlet, car plug in or PC.... so i just let her charge here and there.
    06-14-09 07:42 PM
    The calls are definitely much clearer and louder on most 3G phones. I say "most" depending on the manufacturer. The Bold is one of the loudest and clearest phones I have ever owned. Having said that, I agree with "fabuloso", test out the Bold at your house and see if you get good 3G coverage. If so then keep the Bold. But if you're constantly getting dropped calls or no 3G at all, then definitely return it.
    06-14-09 08:48 PM
    As for the battery, I abuse it, and can't always get to an outlet. So I carry a spare battery in my wallet throughout the day. It weighs hardly anything so it isn't a burden and it very convenient when my battery is low. As for the extended battery, it is only about 15% more so use your judgement if you want that. You also would need to get a new backing bc the extended battery is bigger than a normal battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 09:17 PM
    @OP, my experience has been if you have bad reception with your 8310, having a 3G device isn't necessarily going to make any difference. And that is *if* 3G is even available or reliable where you live. But if you can get 3G, it's worth it just for the simultaneous voice & data. And the Bold is the shyatt!
    06-14-09 09:28 PM
    My at&t 8310 didn't work in my new house and my friends 9000 didn't either.
    06-14-09 09:31 PM
    3G isnt always guaranteed that it may work in your area or all areas, but you can always do the 30 day trial and see how it does for you, and if its better, keep it, if its crap, return it.
    The calls are definitely much clearer and louder on most 3G phones. I say "most" depending on the manufacturer. The Bold is one of the loudest and clearest phones I have ever owned. Having said that, I agree with "fabuloso", test out the Bold at your house and see if you get good 3G coverage. If so then keep the Bold. But if you're constantly getting dropped calls or no 3G at all, then definitely return it.
    I agree with both of you. crackcookie - You definitely want to test it in your area. Also, get your carrier to print you a map of the 3G coverage area where you live for additional information or get it online.

As for extended battery it is always a good option if your an abuser, well then again i abuse my bold, but i am always near a outlet, car plug in or PC.... so i just let her charge here and there.
    lol. Yeah, I'm a power user and i have an extended(BA- big azz) battery as an option while on call 24/7 or traveling. Otherwise, like you, I have a charger - everywhere.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 06-14-09 at 09:36 PM. Reason: revised post
    06-14-09 09:33 PM
    well I would buy the phone straight up, so there would be no contract, so there would be no returning to a store. it would be off someone....

I have looked at the map, and voice is 3/5 in my area, but then 5/5 at my school, and 3g is 5/5 everywhere I go, so im thinking of just making that switch....or should I use the new Curve. Would that improve call quality at all?
    06-14-09 10:02 PM
    im assuming ur speaking of the curve 8900...
    it isn't 3g, but it is enhanced edge. i'd say its the best edge device i've used in terms of call quality and all that. but at the end of the day it isn't 3g and the bold does beat it in that rea.

i myself have a bold and my friend has an 8900. we constantly compare and i usually win or we tie. although if u kept score the 8900 probably would come second to the bold, its definitely a close second that could probably be forgiven. for most, the difference is not a big deal. but with that said, i'll take my bold over the 8900, but i wont complain if i am using the 8900 either.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/why...n-edge-209271/
    Last edited by avmsam; 06-14-09 at 10:34 PM.
    06-14-09 10:30 PM
    charge it good
    06-15-09 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD