Hi everyone! I'm new here~~:P Just got my B/B Bold 2 weeks ago.
    Just wanna ask everyone some simple questions:
    1. I accidently pressed "Register Now" in the Host Routing Table, will it takes any effects on my phone? and not sure about what is Host Routing Table...
    2. I was try to send a email myself, but it takes about 2 mins to arrived to the phone, is that normal?
    3. Every time I pressed the voice dialing button after changed the language in options and it just restart itself (red LED on....) Just worry about sth wrong with my Bold?

Thanks~~:
    Last edited by johnnyli; 06-04-09 at 12:20 AM.
    06-03-09 11:46 PM
    1.) that wont do anything bad
    2.) 2 mins should be about normal. ive had emails push within 15 sec, but i wouldnt consider 2 mins too long. it depends on your email provider. some providers like yahoo, push immediately whereas other dont and may take longer to get it.
    3.) i have no idea what you are talking about
    06-03-09 11:49 PM
    1.) that wont do anything bad
    2.) 2 mins should be about normal. ive had emails push within 15 sec, but i wouldnt consider 2 mins too long. it depends on your email provider. some providers like yahoo, push immediately whereas other dont and may take longer to get it.
    3.) i have no idea what you are talking about
    Thanks for the reply,
    Sorry I mean every time I changed the language(e.g., from chinese to english) in options, then back to home screen and trying to do voice dialing by press the r.h.s convenience key...... and then it just restart itself (screen off, red led's on.....)

PS: my provider is hotmail..
    Last edited by johnnyli; 06-04-09 at 12:15 AM.
    06-03-09 11:58 PM
    btw, how can I completely turn off the bold? or restart manually? Thanks!
    06-04-09 12:19 AM
    press alt + right shift + delete at the same time and it will reboot itself. this simulates a battery pull. to completely turn it off, go to the powerdown icon in your menu and select "full power off". for some reason, it sounds like you may have a problem with your OS thats causing it to reboot when the rhs key is pressed. maybe try an OS upgrade or reinstall.
    06-04-09 01:08 AM
    press alt + right shift + delete at the same time and it will reboot itself. this simulates a battery pull. to completely turn it off, go to the powerdown icon in your menu and select "full power off". for some reason, it sounds like you may have a problem with your OS thats causing it to reboot when the rhs key is pressed. maybe try an OS upgrade or reinstall.
    Woah~~ that's great help! thanks!
    but for the completely turnoff, I dont see the "full power off" from the options of powerdown icon, if i pressed the icon it just goes off (not full power off).
    For the reboot problem it only happen after changed language, other than that it is fine.

Thanks again!
    06-04-09 01:29 AM
    in your menu, you have an icon that looks like a normal "power button" icon right? it looks like a circle with a vertical line halfway through it. its labeled "Turn Power Off". if i click this icon, two options pop up. 1.) turn off (more like a sleep mode) and 2.) full power off. #2 is what you want. pushing and holding the red call end button just puts the phone in sleep mode.
    06-04-09 01:37 AM
    in your menu, you have an icon that looks like a normal "power button" icon right? it looks like a circle with a vertical line halfway through it. its labeled "Turn Power Off". if i click this icon, two options pop up. 1.) turn off (more like a sleep mode) and 2.) full power off. #2 is what you want. pushing and holding the red call end button just puts the phone in sleep mode.
    Oh... I dont have any options pop up when click it
    it just say "Turning handheld off, press any key to abort"
    PS: My OS is V4.6.0.247 (Platform 4.0.0.206) I think thats the latest version from official upgrade in the DM
    06-04-09 01:48 AM
    are you pushing the red end call button or selecting the icon in the menu?? it sounds like you are just clicking the end call button. that just goes directly to sleep mode.
    06-04-09 02:02 AM
    the icon im talking about is in the lower right hand corner of the screen...

06-04-09 02:04 AM
    yeah~~ I know, we are talking about the same thing, but with mine it dont have options when click it (icon in the menu)~~~
    06-04-09 02:14 AM
    thats odd. im running .266 and i have that option. i dunno what else to tell you then.
    06-04-09 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD