I see a couple of Applications in my Bold 9900 which I have no idea why they are there.
    a) Plans Application, what is it used for? I cannot even execute that application as there are no icons in the home page.
    Can I delete this application?
    b) Whenever I boot, I get a message "Berry Weather" needs some permission. I have Be Weather installed, that also asks
    for permissions. Not sure if Berry Weather is a spurious application just sitting in the Phone. If I want to remove it, how can
    I do so?
    05-20-13 11:29 PM
    I believe it is integrated into OS7 for carrier billing in AppWorld. I think it allows you to authorize purchases to be billed to your account with your carrier when buying apps. Form what I've heard you can delete it without any issues to other apps.
    05-27-13 05:51 PM
    I see a couple of Applications in my Bold 9900 which I have no idea why they are there.
    a) Plans Application, what is it used for? I cannot even execute that application as there are no icons in the home page.
    Can I delete this application?
    b) Whenever I boot, I get a message "Berry Weather" needs some permission. I have Be Weather installed, that also asks
    for permissions. Not sure if Berry Weather is a spurious application just sitting in the Phone. If I want to remove it, how can
    I do so?
    http://com-blackberry-us-5p.wwwa.com...11%20cl_EN.pdf

"...Plans Application for BlackBerry software (the "Client Software") which facilitates using certain Handheld Products to access and use Your Airtime Service Provider�s billing system (the "Accessed Service") to purchase credits to be applied to Your Airtime Service Provider account..."
    05-28-13 12:41 AM
    Those 2 applications are asking for permission because they need possible access to your GPS location data, wi-fi, device setting, etc to function correctly. You can go back inside 'application management' and view 'edit permissions' to see exactly what you are/aren't giving it access to, and change accordingly.

I have a few messages that pop up asking for permission after reboots also, only because I don't think they should have access to my email and contacts. But I have BeWeather and I don't give it full access to email, files and recording therefore I live with the popup message.

Oh to remove the weather app just long press on it and a menu will pop up then press the red X delete.

OR go to BB World>My World highlight the app click Menu scroll down to Delete.

You'll be prompted to restart device now or later to completely remove the app.
    Last edited by 93Aero; 05-28-13 at 01:07 AM.
    05-28-13 12:56 AM