I have read in all forums about this problem lots of people had their solution by re-installing emails and service books several times and battery pulls...

I have done anything could be done about it. No help!

At last my account has been removed to another device by the admins of my network provider which is proven that recieves html emails correctly....

After that they re-transfer my account to my device and Hola! Immediately started to recieve and display HTML emails correctly....

This may help to people like me..... Good Luck!

ps. still manually getting the pictures on html emails although I set it up as auto.....!!
    09-17-08 08:23 AM
    ps. still manually getting the pictures on html emails although I set it up as auto.....!!
    This is apparently the norm , a security feature from RIM allowing you to control DATA. Even though get images automatically is ticked you still have to manually get them. I find this a bit strange myself.

BUT........once you have selected get images once from a site they will always display automatically from that site, right now I get most of mine auto just the new ones that need setting up so to speak.........hope this helps
    09-17-08 08:43 AM
    Glad you got your problem sorted out.
    09-17-08 08:43 AM
    @bodisaffa: Yes! It is weird! Thanks for the info anyway...

@mcbarrett: Thanks a lot!
    09-17-08 09:01 AM
    I'm having a similar problem.
    i recently changed to the bold, and cant get any html email.
    not from my gmail account an not from my BES account.

when i go into settings to activate html, its shows a small lock right nest to it.

any ideas??
    09-18-08 11:23 AM
    It sounds like it is locked by your network provider.
    You should try a software update I suppose.... Maybe
    It helps, not sure though...
    09-18-08 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD