The photo is dated 1/04/09, and that looks almost like a Curve 83xx series, but thats hard to tell.
    Keep in mind most other countries use a different date format than USA

DD/MM/YYYY
    04-01-09 07:42 PM
    so his OS version is correct crucial??
    I would have to log in and check, but yes if I remember correctly thats the correct Platform for .21. The builds are up in the .7*'s now, so that was a long time ago. But yes it's real.
    04-01-09 07:44 PM
    Oh the memories.That version sucks!! Very buggy. If you weren't supposed to have that device, I'd help you out with the fix. But it's an EU and basically a paper weight unless you can get a newer version than what you have.
    I bought it from someone at work for next to nothing and would like to get proper working software on it if possible.
    04-01-09 07:45 PM
    I would have to log in and check, but yes if I remember correctly thats the correct Platform for .21. The builds are up in the .7*'s now, so that was a long time ago. But yes it's real.
    TY and to Kronk this is why i gave him the benefit of the doubt
    04-01-09 07:45 PM
    TY and to Kronk this is why i gave him the benefit of the doubt
    Again, you're still assuming way too much.
    Watch, I can take the picture he posted and go post it in another forum in 5 seconds and claim that is my phone...

****, give me the correct version #'s (not like I need them, 99.9% of the people here can't tell the difference) and I'll photoshop a believable OS on to a Bold...
    Last edited by papped; 04-01-09 at 07:49 PM.
    04-01-09 07:47 PM
    I bought it from someone at work for next to nothing and would like to get proper working software on it if possible.
    Well now you see why it was so cheap right? I would ask him/her if they can get you a newer version. Yes you can go backwards, but unfortunately I cannot divulge how. I apologize.

Edit: Please keep the posts on topic. If you do not believe the OP, please move on to a different thread. Thanks.
    04-01-09 07:49 PM
    I'm curious how to post "on-topic" advice for going backwards in firmware that you know nobody here can do and an OS that nobody here has...
    04-01-09 07:52 PM
    I'm curious how to post "on-topic" advice for going backwards in firmware that you know nobody here can do and an OS that nobody here has...
    how about trying to convince the OP to take better pics of this OS so us curious people can maybe get a peek into what RIM is up to?
    04-01-09 07:57 PM
    Going back and forth about the validity of the pictures or the software is not needed. If you choose not to believe what the OP is saying, then theres no point in posting in a thread you consider bogus. Thanks for your cooperation.
    04-01-09 07:57 PM
    Well now you see why it was so cheap right? I would ask him/her if they can get you a newer version. Yes you can go backwards, but unfortunately I cannot divulge how. I apologize.

Edit: Please keep the posts on topic. If you do not believe the OP, please move on to a different thread. Thanks.
    Thanks for your help . It sounds like I may have to just live with it as it is. applications like facebook and myspace don't work but everything else seems fine. It does like to reboot itself also. Nothing I can't live with Only cost me $25
    04-01-09 08:02 PM
    Thanks for your help . It sounds like I may have to just live with it as it is. applications like facebook and myspace don't work but everything else seems fine. It does like to reboot itself also. Nothing I can't live with Only cost me $25
    ONLY $25! Right now, they're charging a lot more than that for a 9630. Hehe.
    04-01-09 08:06 PM
    lol another april fool's joke
    04-01-09 08:26 PM
    lol another april fool's joke
    Did you not see the pictures?
    04-01-09 08:29 PM
    Did you not see the pictures?
    some people have no faith in anything
    04-01-09 08:37 PM

The engineering units are a giant PITA to downgrade the OS on. Upgrades are much easier (when provided, and only to a certain point. Anyone remember Kevin's engineering Bold?)
    04-01-09 08:40 PM
    some people have no faith in anything
    I guess not. I wish I bought this phone for only $25. Screw 4.7.1 we want 5.0.
    04-01-09 08:41 PM
    The engineering units are a giant PITA to downgrade the OS on. Upgrades are much easier (when provided, and only to a certain point. Anyone remember Kevin's engineering Bold?)
    Was his Bold an EU? But his didn't have a bad OS on it when he got it I don't think.
    04-01-09 08:45 PM
    we all want 5.0

I guess not. I wish I bought this phone for only $25. Screw 4.7.1 we want 5.0.
    04-01-09 08:48 PM
    Tell me about it. Unless of course you're actually supposed to have it.

Was his Bold an EU? But his didn't have a bad OS on it when he got it I don't think.
    Uh, surely you don't think that the SW was good. Remember the AT&T delay. It wasn't unusable, but was far from good SW.
    04-01-09 08:49 PM

Uh, surely you don't think that the SW was good. Remember the AT&T delay. It wasn't unusable, but was far from good SW.
    several hundred thousand members here, maybe a half dozen *possibly* have access to it.
    04-01-09 08:58 PM
    several hundred thousand members here, maybe a half dozen *possibly* have access to it.
    People have to watch what they buy. But that's why I told the OP to try and get something newer. O well.
    04-01-09 09:02 PM

Hmm, I might have to go over that review again. And yeah AT&T delayed it a lot. I think it was like 6-7 months from announcement. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    04-01-09 09:06 PM
    OP do you think you could post a few images of just random parts of the OS so we could have a glimpse of what is coming out?

If not perfectly understandable.

Thanks.

Josh
    04-01-09 09:10 PM
    People have to watch what they buy. But that's why I told the OP to try and get something newer. O well.
    Still the best $25 Ive spent in a while
    04-01-09 09:10 PM
    In terms of a wipe my only idea would be to try JL_Cmdr, but I would confirm with CX first to be sure that wont completely brick the device as I have never had any experience with the OS. If that program will work however, then it is simple to load your desired OS after the fact.

Best of luck.
    04-01-09 09:11 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD