I tried to do a complete backup. It got hung up on Smart Card so I read online that this problem could be avoided by doing Custom Backup and unchecking "social feeds." This worked and I was able to back everything up.Then I thought, from the Blackberry Desktop, I'd try to update my software with new available BB software update.
    I now believe this update is what has been causing the problems with my phone since last Monday (no internet/FB).
    The first stage of the update is a complete backup and -- of course -- it froze early & totally at "Database: recent contacts." I could not unfreeze or close program or anything.
    When I disconnected the phone from computer, I have no Internet again on phone & no Facebook!
    Any ideas welcome!
    06-30-13 09:53 AM
    have you tried updating via autoloader? Download the software update to your pc and run the autoloader which is found in c/program files/common files/Research in Motion.

I always found this way alot easier and works better than Desktop software.
    06-30-13 10:06 AM
    Thanks. I will try that. Never done it. Do you know where I can locate the software update to download? Thanks much!
    06-30-13 10:12 AM
    I recently had to get a warranty replacement for my 9930. I updated it to the new OS using the Desktop Mgr and didn't notice any problems until I synced the new phone to my Avalon. When I transferred contacts only the phone numbers transferred witch is useless. I played around with it for an hour then called Verizon and spoke to level 2 tech support. They reviewed the situation and indicated there must be a bug in the OS and had no other answers. Any suggestions?
    07-01-13 08:15 AM