Hello,
    I've heard about this forum from a relative and thought I would try my luck by posting my problem here. Now I understand that there are other threads of people who had the same problem but it wasn't for this model of phone and it didn't help me while reading through them.

I am getting a 507 software error when trying to boot. The first thing I did is go to blackberry.com/507 because that's what it says on the phone when the error comes up. It says to update the software using Blackberry Desktop Manager. I've tried doing this on both Mac and PC, but it never loads the OS on the phone so I always get the same error. I also found someone who said to use the App Loader to do it, but I get the same error as I get in the Blackberry Desktop Manager. On both PC and Mac, there isn't a specification to what the error is, it just says that Blackberry Desktop Manager couldn't load the software on the Blackberry Device.

So now I am out of options and ideas as of what to try to get this phone working again. Which is why I decided to post a new thread about it hoping to get some better results for this problem. I am sure any help with be great! Thanks in advance.
    07-12-11 11:21 AM
    Download and install 9700 OS to your PC. Delete the vendor.xml file if you use another's carrier's OS. Launch apploader.
    07-12-11 11:23 AM
    Download and install 9700 OS to your PC. Delete the vendor.xml file if you use another's carrier's OS. Launch apploader.
    When I tried using the AppLoader I had already downloaded my own carrier's OS. And it still didn't work. I don't know if it makes a different in this case, but I'll try again now after deleting vendor.xml.
    07-12-11 11:27 AM
    Close out of Desktop Manager too. Just launch apploader from

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe

Browse thru the link below too V
    07-12-11 11:31 AM
    is AppLoader recognizing your PIN?
    07-12-11 11:35 AM
    @pcgizmo I've definitely done all of that prior to this, aside from deleting the vendor.xml file. I hope it'll work now that I've done that. It's currently in the middle of the whole process so I will update this post when it's finished.

@Fubaz Yes it is.
    07-12-11 11:35 AM
    Okay so the installation process of the OS fails after "Reconnecting to JVM". It seems that because the phone is in a boot loop it resets (thus disconnects) and it never has to chance to finish installing everything.
    Last edited by MathieuWhite; 07-12-11 at 01:09 PM.
    07-12-11 11:44 AM
    ok, try browsing this thread to see if your answer is there:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...vm-507-a-6473/

Google search on those terms:

http://www.google.com/search?q=crack...w=1016&bih=868
    07-12-11 11:47 AM
    If your phone is stuck in a reboot loop, then remove the battery completely and try the process again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-11 11:51 AM
    If your phone is stuck in a reboot loop, then remove the battery completely and try the process again.

That's what I was doing from the start of the process. But I thought that in order to reconnect to JVM, the battery had to be in the phone. I will try it now without putting the battery in, but I have a feeling nothing will happen once it gets to the "Reconnecting to JVM" step.
    07-12-11 11:52 AM
    The whole process can be done without the battery in.
    I've done it myself... several times

07-12-11 11:57 AM
    Have you tried running from a command prompt ......... loader /nojvm ?
    07-12-11 11:58 AM
    So now after the "Reconnecting to JVM" step I get a new error saying Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Then it says I should reconnect it and hit retry, which I must've done more than 10 times already.

@kbz1960 I'm a mac user, and I'm only on this PC to try to fix this problem. I don't know how to use the command prompt which may be a problem for me.

EDIT: The link below explains it, I will try and post back here.
    Last edited by MathieuWhite; 07-12-11 at 12:08 PM.
    07-12-11 12:01 PM
    This is a great guide for recovering a nuked berry... http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ckberry-32322/

07-12-11 12:02 PM
    Sorry, I should have stated that you have to use the nojvm command prompt for this to work. I assumed you were, but it appears you're not.

Instructions are in the link in my previous post.

07-12-11 12:05 PM
    Still no luck with this.
    I'm using Windows 7 by the way.

EDIT: Just to be clear. When the battery is inside the phone I can see the white screen that displays it's connected to the computer. But then the phone reboots and it gives an error to the loader. If I do it without the battery inside the phone it never gets passes the "Reconnecting to JVM" and always says to retry. If I have the battery in the phone, and remove the battery once the white screen shows up which displays that it's connected to the computer, then it stops right there.

"When you hit enter at the last command a forced rebuild will start. No data or setting will be saved, however, they can be recovered from a previous backup."

When I hit enter after that last command the App Loader opens and what I've been doing is trying to install the OS once it opens. Is that what I'm supposed to do? I don't think those instructions are very clear at that point.
    Last edited by MathieuWhite; 07-12-11 at 12:47 PM.
    07-12-11 12:20 PM
    So now after the "Reconnecting to JVM" step I get a new error saying Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Then it says I should reconnect it and hit retry, which I must've done more than 10 times already.

@kbz1960 I'm a mac user, and I'm only on this PC to try to fix this problem. I don't know how to use the command prompt which may be a problem for me.

EDIT: The link below explains it, I will try and post back here.
    I think on windows 7 you need to type cmd in the start, search box then you will see up at the top the cmd icon, right click on it and choose run as admin.
    07-12-11 12:51 PM
    There was a difference when running cmd as an admin.
    But now my device doesn't show up in the communication port selection. (is this what I'm supposed to wait 30 minutes for? for it to show up)
    Last edited by MathieuWhite; 07-12-11 at 01:06 PM.
    07-12-11 01:03 PM
    There was a difference when running cmd as an admin.
    But now my device doesn't show up in the communication port selection. (is this what I'm supposed to wait 30 minutes for? for it to show up)
    I had the same problems just a few days ago. Mine was solved by un-installing the Desktop Manager, then installed the latest version. Uninstalled the current OS from PC, run CC Cleaner to clean registry, restart computer and install fresh new compatible OS. Then, delete Vendor.xml and load OS using the Loader.exe
    The reason I re-installed DM was because I deleted the whole Reseach in Motion folder after un-installing the OS, which I shouldn't have done. Because the BBDevice Manager would be gone and computer would stop loading in the middle.
    Well, at least that is my oppinion.

Wish you all the best, buddy! Hope luck is with you this time!

07-12-11 01:44 PM
    The uninstall and running ccleaner the crap file cleaner and the registry cleaner and rebooting and re download and install is a good idea. Too bad it's so much trouble for some.

Hang in there, you might get it yet!
    07-12-11 01:58 PM
    I will try this later!
    Thanks for the idea.

EDIT: No luck with that. I guess I can say that the phone may pretty much be finished.
    Last edited by MathieuWhite; 07-13-11 at 07:13 AM.
    07-12-11 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD