1. Giant's Avatar
    So I am a ******* ******.. I was messing with my dog and ended up dumping a glass of tea on my bold. It totally covered the screen and keyboard. It was still turned on so I pulled the battery out within 10 seconds. I really had to resist the urge to rinse it off with more water, but it smells like tea pretty bad. I soaked up the as much as I could and stuck the phone in a tupperware full of rice to absorb as much moisture as I can.. Do you think itll still work? I am afraid to put the battery back in.. How long should I wait?
    06-21-09 08:44 PM
  2. savioAMG's Avatar
    I'd wait at least 24-48 hours. You did an excellent job pulling out the battery quickly and not trying to use the phone. The key to getting it to work again is patience. If you want to clean and get rid of the tea (hopefully there was no sugar) use rubbing alcohol.
    06-21-09 08:47 PM
  3. ebedoun's Avatar
    Oh Damn

    I hope it all ends up well for ya. I would pop it apart and you could rinse the bexel and wipe everything down real good and then leave the mainboard and screen in the rice
    06-21-09 08:48 PM
  4. ebedoun's Avatar
    I'd wait at least 24-48 hours. You did an excellent job pulling out the battery quickly and not trying to use the phone. The key to getting it to work again is patience. If you want to clean and get rid of the tea (hopefully there was no sugar) use rubbing alcohol.

    good call on the sugar
    06-21-09 08:49 PM
  5. Giant's Avatar
    Yeah no sugar.. I should be fine to basically soak the keyboard in rubbing alcohol with the battery out, right?
    06-21-09 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD