I'm a mobile phone OCD poster child...and I'm looking forward to the Onyx like everybody else...but I'm pretty ok with it being released later in the year. I like my Bold, and don't see so much difference with the Onyx that I am ready to throw my current device down and jump on something new.

Faster processor, more onboard memory (albeit not much), improved camera (wouldn't take much), and a little more svelte design...? The Onyx will be an improvement over the Bold, but nothing earth shattering. But then again...the Bold doesn't need much improving IMO.

I can hang onto mine a while, with no problem!

GOod post. The only reason I skipped on the bold is that it's too huge. It's a pocket ripper. We are in 21st century, you shouldn't have any device that big. Bigger isn't always better.
    08-17-09 11:57 AM
    perhaps tomorrow, when rim announces the app world in germany [...]
    App World in Germany has been available for a little while now (days not weeks).

Release it already, I am ready to upgrade.
    I would say release it when its fit for purpose... Otherwise, you'll see 100's of new threads about XYZ not working etc...
    08-17-09 01:10 PM
    App World in Germany has been available for a little while now (days not weeks)....
    yes it already works, but tomorrow, rim will offical announce the app world

look

08-17-09 01:42 PM
    I spoke to a Rogers rep. a couple days ago and he said they had a staff meeting to discuss the Onyx specifically and that RIM and Rogers are aiming for December. Worse case scenario Q1 2010.
    08-17-09 04:14 PM
    yes it already works, but tomorrow, rim will offical announce the app world

look

That seems to be just their AppWorld & Storm2 roadshow/presentation. IF you're attending any of the venues can you also please ask them about the carriers plans for Onyx.

Hmm... M�nchen ist nicht zu weit
    08-17-09 04:26 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD