WAW... $200 unlocking fee..dam the typical price for unlocking is $20
    09-01-08 01:20 PM
    Just a quick update on the Bold being sold at Mobile Phones Cell Phones GSM Unlocked Bluetooth Cellular Phone Accessories - - they have them listed for $632.99 - - I contacted them today via email to get an update on possible ship dates and branding - - they had not updated their web page that was indicating 8/30 for an ETA date. The email reply indicated they are now looking at sometime next week for an ETA and they will be Rogers branded, and they will already be SIM/subsidy unlocked.

I will keep this thread updated as I get information or a shipping date - - anybody get one from Gsm Unlocked Phone Triband Quad Band Nokia Motorola I-mate Sony Ericsson Codefree dvd Player Voltage Converter Transformer Pal Camcorder Vcr System 110-220 volts yet ?????
    09-02-08 05:15 PM
    Just a quick update on the Bold being sold at Mobile Phones Cell Phones GSM Unlocked Bluetooth Cellular Phone Accessories - - they have them listed for $632.99 - - I contacted them today via email to get an update on possible ship dates and branding - - they had not updated their web page that was indicating 8/30 for an ETA date. The email reply indicated they are now looking at sometime next week for an ETA and they will be Rogers branded, and they will already be SIM/subsidy unlocked.

I will keep this thread updated as I get information or a shipping date - - anybody get one from Gsm Unlocked Phone Triband Quad Band Nokia Motorola I-mate Sony Ericsson Codefree dvd Player Voltage Converter Transformer Pal Camcorder Vcr System 110-220 volts yet ?????

I called and spoke with both Fommy.com and Puremobile.com. Both are playing the usual game... they are IN STOCK but they cant confirm that they will actually ship when ordered. When I pushed the person from Fommy, he actually told me that they get a few in each day but never know how many or when. They "claim" they are forfilling preorders first, but when asked how that means you have the item in stock for same day delivery he said "its in stock, just not to buyers who buy it today". LMFAO... the game these sites are playing with us.

I will be honest... I am getting a little tired of the chase for this one. They are being released everywhere in the world and here in the US we cant even get a website to be straight with us and tell us if we order it when will it ship, even though they claim they have it "IN STOCK".

I really want a Bold, but its getting to the point that I have to move to Canada to be able to actually buy one from a retailer who say they have it in stock and actually do!
    09-02-08 05:39 PM
    Anyone who trusts a complete stranger with $600.00 over the internet is insane. Why would anyone want to go and buy someone else a bold, then go through the trouble of shipping it over seas, and not expect to get paid to do it? I think I'll wait until its released in the states lol, But thats just me
    09-02-08 06:47 PM
    I don't like to throw stones but everyone in the world isnt like you or think like you!! as a matter of fact I have one guy from CB that sent me 3915.00 for 5 bolds and he doesn't know me and he can speak up on here if he likes to confirm im not cheating him. 1 guy bought a phone it was shipped friday. one guy bought one at rogers.com and i received it today and will ship it tomorrow. 1 guy from Dubai paid and his is being shipped tomorrow DHL! so talk about what you know not what you wish you knew. people like you irritate me. I am not a thief and you can ask any of the guys Im dealing with I did NOT charge them a dime. and when they offered i told them no!! I feel so sorry for you that you are greedy and think only of yourself!! you seem upset because you probably don't have the money for a Bold so your jealous that others are trusting someone.

Anyone who trusts a complete stranger with $600.00 over the internet is insane. Why would anyone want to go and buy someone else a bold, then go through the trouble of shipping it over seas, and not expect to get paid to do it? I think I'll wait until its released in the states lol, But thats just me
    09-03-08 12:18 AM
    WOW! sorry someone tried to cheat you like that. I get the phones unlocked if they arent unlocked i know someone that paid 14 he said to unlock it on the web. good luck!

I had someone on HERE (Crackberry) who offered to buy me one at Rogers and have it unlocked before he shipped it to me for the small price of $200!!!!!! I'm a New Yorker so I'm sure you can get an idea of what I told him to do with his $200 unlocking fee...
    09-03-08 12:20 AM
    Well there must be some insane people here on CB, because they are doing it. But the most important thing is nobody is getting cheated. Just goes to show that there are still good people in this world. If this isn't your thing then don't do it, but your post added nothing to the topic and was pointless.
    09-03-08 12:32 AM
    I don't like to throw stones but everyone in the world isnt like you or think like you!! as a matter of fact I have one guy from CB that sent me 3915.00 for 5 bolds and he doesn't know me and he can speak up on here if he likes to confirm im not cheating him. 1 guy bought a phone it was shipped friday. one guy bought one at rogers.com and i received it today and will ship it tomorrow. 1 guy from Dubai paid and his is being shipped tomorrow DHL! so talk about what you know not what you wish you knew. people like you irritate me. I am not a thief and you can ask any of the guys Im dealing with I did NOT charge them a dime. and when they offered i told them no!! I feel so sorry for you that you are greedy and think only of yourself!! you seem upset because you probably don't have the money for a Bold so your jealous that others are trusting someone.

i think you are very nice for doing these favors for all of these cb members i tell you one thing if the world was filled with people like you we would be living in a fairy tale. thanks for everything you have done for the ones that wanted bolds.
    09-03-08 12:43 AM
    i think you are very nice for doing these favors for all of these cb members i tell you one thing if the world was filled with people like you we would be living in a fairy tale. thanks for everything you have done for the ones that wanted bolds.

I'll second that! She is going out of her way to help out strangers - very refreshing to hear.
    09-03-08 01:01 AM
    I have also done it for people on here and they can speak for it...at a very reasonable price

ps I threw in the unlock code for free. You shouldnt be paying more than 20 bucks for the code!
    09-03-08 04:09 AM
    Can one of you kind folks who are buying the Bolds and shipping them to the US post the total price, including shipping, in USD? Much appreciated.
    09-03-08 10:32 AM
    I dont have a AT&T SIM so i cannot speak for it with a SIM, but i was just in Niagara Falls (Canadian Side) and i got an AT&T welcome text while changing my SP to AT&T, i had no problem with coverage. i was able to make calles, browse and SMS without losing the 3G signal and having more than 3 bars constantly.
    09-03-08 10:45 AM
    She purchased it unlocked, sent me pictures of the phone and the receipts, and kept me updated the whole time. She has even gone above and beyond to help me track it as well. She has never asked for anything in return. It's nice to know that there are people that can be trusted and as soon as I spoke to her, I knew she could be trusted.
    09-03-08 11:33 AM
    Thank you so much for saying that, and no problem I hope you are liking the phone. not sure why people have to be so negative all the time, but it's life I guess. lol!!

She purchased it unlocked, sent me pictures of the phone and the receipts, and kept me updated the whole time. She has even gone above and beyond to help me track it as well. She has never asked for anything in return. It's nice to know that there are people that can be trusted and as soon as I spoke to her, I knew she could be trusted.
    09-03-08 01:54 PM
    Thank you so much for saying that, and no problem I hope you are liking the phone. not sure why people have to be so negative all the time, but it's life I guess. lol!!
    Because in todays world people are just too cynical. Dont let it get you down Sarah... the people you helped know the truth. Thats all that matters.
    09-03-08 02:06 PM
    Well that is true, but still no reason. I treat people they way that I want them to treat me. long story short: I found out last year i had cervical cancer my son was 6wks my daughter 16mo. just me and my husband noone in site to help us all the family lived out of the country at the time. So i was driving to my treatments and taking my kids with me, life was hard. So now I try to help others if at all possible. doesn't mean im gonna buy and ship them a cell phone lol!! but I am honest with them thats why i didnt charge anything to them for helping. haven't peole heard of paying it forward? geez...

Because in todays world people are just too cynical. Dont let it get you down Sarah... the people you helped know the truth. Thats all that matters.
    09-03-08 02:47 PM
    Sarfraz,

I just want to commend you on what you have done for the other members on this site. I agree with the notion of paying it forward.
    09-03-08 03:14 PM
    thanks for the kind words!

Sarfraz,

I just want to commend you on what you have done for the other members on this site. I agree with the notion of paying it forward.
    09-03-08 06:01 PM
    As I mentioned in a previous post I ordered the BB Bold through overseas electronics. I was orignally supposed to receive the phone on Tuesday. Then they promised it would be shipped on Wednesday and now they are saying Friday.....It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that I am getting the run around.

Sarah if you are available I would like to take you up on your offer to purchase a bold on my behalf. If you have alot on your plate I understand and will ask another forum member. Either way thank you for being so generous to your fellow Bold-less American Friends

Lisbeth
    09-03-08 08:54 PM
    I just sent you a message. and the guy I get them from if he doesn't have the unlocked I just go to Rogers and buy it. it is the same price. I havent given any of the people a run around that I've helped. I have been honest. and let them in on the process and even provided info for them to verify prices so they seen i wasnt cheating them. sorry that those people did that to you. i hope you can get your phone back. just reply to what I send to you and I will help you out. After all I am a fellow American born and raised. just moved to Canada a few years ago to be with my true love. (giggle)

As I mentioned in a previous post I ordered the BB Bold through overseas electronics. I was orignally supposed to receive the phone on Tuesday. Then they promised it would be shipped on Wednesday and now they are saying Friday.....It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that I am getting the run around.

Sarah if you are available I would like to take you up on your offer to purchase a bold on my behalf. If you have alot on your plate I understand and will ask another forum member. Either way thank you for being so generous to your fellow Bold-less American Friends

Lisbeth
    09-03-08 09:06 PM
    So far so good..
    I am really liking the communication from sarfrazfamily
    I can't wait to get my phone..

Thanks!
    09-04-08 10:54 PM
    thanks for the kind words!
    Been a lurker in CB but wanted to come out and post to say THANK YOU to Sarfrazfamily. One of the most honest and purest person i've ever met. Don't think any words can describe her. Wish the world were filled with more people like her. Received multiple Bolds with no problems.

Also wanted to thank tacsniper for helping me out get a few Bolds. Another person similar to Sarfrazfamily.- true and honest.

I'll vouch for the both of them.

Thank you both for helping us strangers out.

09-05-08 01:16 AM
    > Also wanted to thank tacsniper for helping me out get a few Bolds. Another person similar to Sarfrazfamily.- true and honest.

I'll second this! Good to see honest people are still around!
    Loving my Rogers Bold thanks to tacsniper!

Todd
    09-05-08 06:34 AM
    no problem and you guys are more than welcome. and your other 3 Bolds will be there soon as well early next week. It was great meeting kind people as well.

Sarah
    09-05-08 08:53 AM
    hey sarah, how much does it come out to with overnight shipping to NY, 11787?? I might hafta jump on this
    09-05-08 08:59 AM
106 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD