Well I ordered my bold from the website someone posted earlier.... I am supposed to have it in hand on Tuesday. I will post and let you guys know the outcome
    08-28-08 07:00 PM
    I also want to thank all Canadian friends who wanted to help the poor bold-less American a hand
    08-28-08 07:09 PM
    Their website STILL says "in stock same day shipping" which is totally false. They have told me they DO NOT have them in stock and wont until next Tuesday at earliest. Their site is absolutely misleading. You might have purchased from them in the past, but the fact that they claim its in stock when its not is just misleading and borderline false advertising.
    So they sold out their first stock allotment and didn't update their web site - sh*t everyone does that - - wake up and smell the roses - - order when they get their next batch - - after all this time what's another week.
    08-28-08 10:29 PM
    So they sold out their first stock allotment and didn't update their web site - sh*t everyone does that - - wake up and smell the roses - - order when they get their next batch - - after all this time what's another week.
    Dawg what do you work for them??? Seems like every post you made on here, INCLUDING the first one where you gave their link, your either saying how good they are or now making excuses for them running out of stock BUT keeping it listed as IN STOCK. Every website does that??? Thats funny, because EVERY other website currently listing unlocked Bolds has either ETA September, ETA is not known, or PREORDER which clearly tells all buyers that they DO NOT HAVE IT IN STOCK and it will ship WHEN THEY GET IT. But "your" site STILL SAYS "in stock same day delivery" which is 100% false and totally misleading. So they havent updated their site now in what... FOUR DAYS RIGHT? EVERY OTHER SITE DOES NOT DO THAT!!! But here you are defending them. Make's us all think WHY your defending them... but then again you did give us their site didnt you. Hmmmm.....
    08-29-08 07:27 AM
    I am not defending them - - whenever there is a new phone with a lot of buzz about it I would never dream of placing an order with any web site until I verified via email or phone that they indeed have units in stock and ready to ship. All I was pointing out was the web site as an alternative to trying to get the unit from Rogers for US customers - the price is somewhat lower on this site than many others, and I have had success ordering phones from them in the past - - take it, or leave it - doesn't make any difference to me.

Of Note: I did find an alternative site with a good reputation that should have stock of unlocked Bolds at an even better price - - I pulled the trigger and placed a pre-order with them - should have it sometime next week if all goes well - - I will be happy to share with you that information when I get a confirmation that it has shipped

$632.99
    08-29-08 12:00 PM
    I am not defending them - - whenever there is a new phone with a lot of buzz about it I would never dream of placing an order with any web site until I verified via email or phone that they indeed have units in stock and ready to ship. All I was pointing out was the web site as an alternative to trying to get the unit from Rogers for US customers - the price is somewhat lower on this site than many others, and I have had success ordering phones from them in the past - - take it, or leave it - doesn't make any difference to me.

Of Note: I did find an alternative site with a good reputation that should have stock of unlocked Bolds at an even better price - - I pulled the trigger and placed a pre-order with them - should have it sometime next week if all goes well - - I will be happy to share with you that information when I get a confirmation that it has shipped

$632.99
    Good Luck on getting your ordered phone. Funny part is WE, people like me and you and everyone on this site, are raising the price of this phone PERIOD. We only have ourselves to blame about pricing but when any site or store says they "have an item in stock to ship on the same day" but they actually dont then thats just wrong.

If and when you get it, feel free to post where you got it from. I will be buying an unlocked version OR waiting for ATT... I will NOT be buying a Rogers version to then get it unlocked.
    08-29-08 02:14 PM
    there is a place in chicago that has the bold unlocked and in stock. you can google it or contact me and i will get you the info
    Can you please give me the link and where it's located?
    08-29-08 02:30 PM
    Can you please give me the link and where it's located?
    Here are the two web sites that I have found with the lowest prices - be advised of the issues that have been brought up about availability or lack there of - either place a pre-order or check with them before ordering to see if they "really" have them in stock:

BlackBerry Bold smartphone's support for tri-band HSDPA and enterprise-grade Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g) networks and its next-generation 624 MHz mobile processor make short work of downloading email attachments, streaming video or rendering web pages. The

$699.99 - - as mentioned above I have bought phones from them in the past with good luck, but they are currently out of stock and awaiting more units. I emailed them to see what branding the phones were and they said CSL - others here on the board have recieved CSL units (a carrier out of Hong Kong)
    from pictures I have seen they do have the little CSL logo on the bottom front of device. These are SIM unlocked models.

The other site is:
    Mobile Phones Cell Phones GSM Unlocked Bluetooth Cellular Phone Accessories

$632.99 - - not sure of branding but wouldn't be surprised if these are CSL as well. Also SIM unlocked already.

Good luck and happy shopping
    08-29-08 08:56 PM
    Good Luck on getting your ordered phone. Funny part is WE, people like me and you and everyone on this site, are raising the price of this phone PERIOD. We only have ourselves to blame about pricing but when any site or store says they "have an item in stock to ship on the same day" but they actually dont then thats just wrong.

If and when you get it, feel free to post where you got it from. I will be buying an unlocked version OR waiting for ATT... I will NOT be buying a Rogers version to then get it unlocked.
    Marcjcd - I agree with what you say - - just seems like these days this is somewhat to be expected from web sites. I know it's missleading and poor business practice, but at least they wouldn't charge a credit card until ready to ship, and I see this sort of stuff happen on the internet all the time - - kind of a sign of the times we live in. I remember when I bought a first run HTC phone from them I didn't believe what the web site said about in stock and ready to ship - so I called them on the phone and unbelievably they had units ready to ship - most other sites did not - I was very surprised, but always call first is the lesson here.
    08-29-08 09:03 PM
    Yall are crazy...imo...for paying this much for a phone that will be outdated within months. But, to each his own. I'm happy for everyone who obtained one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 09:11 PM
    Well looks like I will be the guinea pig of the bunch..
    I am going to call this "Oversea Electronics" (BlackBerry Bold smartphone's support for tri-band HSDPA and enterprise-grade Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g) networks and its next-generation 624 MHz mobile processor make short work of downloading email attachments, streaming video or rendering web pages. The ) place tomorrow and if I get some good customer service and great answers to my questions, I am going to buy it..

I will write back and let everyone know of the status as it progresses..
    08-29-08 11:19 PM
    I am going to call this "Oversea Electronics" (BlackBerry Bold smartphone's support for tri-band HSDPA and enterprise-grade Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g) networks and its next-generation 624 MHz mobile processor make short work of downloading email attachments, streaming video or rendering web pages. The ) place tomorrow and if I get some good customer service and great answers to my questions, I am going to buy it..

Best of luck on that one. They have not had it in stock since Tuesday even though their website has said "in stock same day shipping" all week. I spoke with them... they "think" they might get a couple in next Tuesday. When I asked why their website says they have it ready for same day shipping, they told me they sold out BUT would not be changing what the website said. When I told them their website is misleading, they said "they have them in stock, just NOT in hand". I would reconsider dealing with them.
    08-30-08 08:18 AM
    Got my Bold yesterday! Unlocked last night.
    I just wanted to say THANK YOU Eric!!!
    The Bold is more than I had hoped for.
    Time to sell the Nokia E71!!!

Cheers,
    Todd

08-31-08 11:01 AM
    I was told they will be shipping it out on Tuesday, as soon as I receive it I will let you guys know what they are like.

I am going to call this "Oversea Electronics" place tomorrow and if I get some good customer service and great answers to my questions, I am going to buy it..

08-31-08 11:24 AM
    I was told they will be shipping it out on Tuesday, as soon as I receive it I will let you guys know what they are like.
    Ok, well I will just wait on your word on this one since you already locked in with them..
    08-31-08 11:50 AM
    Got my Bold yesterday! Unlocked last night.
    I just wanted to say THANK YOU Eric!!!
    The Bold is more than I had hoped for.
    Time to sell the Nokia E71!!!

Cheers,
    Todd

Where is Eric.?
    I want to get one!
    08-31-08 11:53 AM
    Eric = tacsniper

08-31-08 12:28 PM
    Please keep us posted lisbeth - we are all curious
    08-31-08 11:33 PM
    Rogers ships their units via UPS. It might be possible to have it mailed to one of their domestic canadian mailboxes. Then forward it to a US mailbox.

08-31-08 11:44 PM
    if anyone wants a bold in the states i can help you purchase one and then ship it out to you...

even though i'm a new crackberry user, my ebay username is the same "akide". i'm located in toronto.
    09-01-08 08:21 AM
    Is anyone still up for doing this? I'd be totally interested.

Contact me at auero at mac dot com or 31BCEC65

Thanks!

09-01-08 09:37 AM
    I just got back from Montreal. We where for a bachelor party on a mission to get are hands a BOLD so we found a Rogers and they wanted 649 plus %15 tax. Then we found a place in the under ground city what would unlock the BOLD for 70$. Total price for the BOLD unlocked around $820. Needless to say we didn't get it. I am eligible for a upgrade so I am going to wait for the US release date which I am hopping will be in September.

Also they would not allow use to see a working BOLD which was very disappointing.
    Last edited by thewireguys; 09-01-08 at 10:42 AM.
    09-01-08 10:36 AM
    if anyone wants a bold in the states i can help you purchase one and then ship it out to you...

even though i'm a new crackberry user, my ebay username is the same "akide". i'm located in toronto.
    PM Me... I might be interested!
    09-01-08 12:48 PM
    I just got back from Montreal. We where for a bachelor party on a mission to get are hands a BOLD so we found a Rogers and they wanted 649 plus %15 tax. Then we found a place in the under ground city what would unlock the BOLD for 70$. Total price for the BOLD unlocked around $820. Needless to say we didn't get it. I am eligible for a upgrade so I am going to wait for the US release date which I am hopping will be in September.

Also they would not allow use to see a working BOLD which was very disappointing.
    ROFL $70 for unlock I would have broken his phone just for saying that.
    09-01-08 12:54 PM
    ROFL $70 for unlock I would have broken his phone just for saying that.
    I had someone on HERE (Crackberry) who offered to buy me one at Rogers and have it unlocked before he shipped it to me for the small price of $200!!!!!! I'm a New Yorker so I'm sure you can get an idea of what I told him to do with his $200 unlocking fee...
    09-01-08 01:19 PM
106 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD