Went to Best Buy to upgrade my 8330 to the 9650 and hit an unneccessary snag. It seems that when I added a line in February that new # became the primary account #, I don't know why seeing as how the other line has been with them for 8 years. This apparently takes them a whole billing cycle to fix, not sure why. So I guess I won't be joining the new Bold clan for a month or so.
    05-23-10 12:14 PM
    OUCH!!! i know that hurt... sorry 2 hear that... they shouldnt have done that.. ur primary line should STAY ur primary line... smh @ them...
    05-23-10 12:19 PM
    i had this problem too.. At some point they had switched the main line (we have 2, me and the hubby) at some point and made my line the secondary line. When I called account services they flipped the lines from his being the main to mine and I was able to get the full upgrade discount (his was up in August and they moved it up to now), initially the girl said I would have to wait until after the billing cycle, June 1st and then it would be available but later that evening they called me to say I could do it now that day.. So they made me one happy long time customer.. I also went from a 8330 to a 9650.
    05-23-10 12:20 PM
    i had this problem too.. At some point they had switched the main line (we have 2, me and the hubby) at some point and made my line the secondary line. When I called account services they flipped the lines from his being the main to mine and I was able to get the full upgrade discount (his was up in August and they moved it up to now), initially the girl said I would have to wait until after the billing cycle, June 1st and then it would be available but later that evening they called me to say I could do it now that day.. So they made me one happy long time customer.. I also went from a 8330 to a 9650.
    Same here... I'm coming from an 8330... What are some of the differences u notice right off the bat??? Mine will b here 2morrow...
    05-23-10 12:30 PM
    Same happened to me. I had it flopped back to my line last month. A phone call to telesales supervisor got my "new" July 1 renewal moved to get the 9650 now.

I suggest call them back explain how everything is twisted and you don't want to wait. Say you know it can be fixed and woul be grateful for the courtesy. Be polite but insistent don't argue don't hang up. It took a bit of patience but it worked.
    05-23-10 12:48 PM
    Same here... I'm coming from an 8330... What are some of the differences u notice right off the bat??? Mine will b here 2morrow...
    the TRACKPAD!!!! omg I so LOVE IT! The ease, and sensitivity of movement with it is amazing coming from the crappy trackball. I think it processes things faster. Things load quicker. And when I can take advantage of the wifi then it will be even better. The camera is pretty good too.
    05-23-10 12:58 PM
    Call CS and they can fix it. I had this problem as well.
    05-23-10 01:02 PM
    the TRACKPAD!!!! omg I so LOVE IT! The ease, and sensitivity of movement with it is amazing coming from the crappy trackball. I think it processes things faster. Things load quicker. And when I can take advantage of the wifi then it will be even better. The camera is pretty good too.
    Yeah i cant WAIT!!! mine will be here 2morrow, and i've had new toy syndrome ever since i hit the "Approve & Submit" button on Friday when i did the order... And the camera is much better you say??? how much better from the Curve??? cuz mine actually took decent photos contrary to what most have said about the curve... And i know that sometimes the megapixel count can be high, but still take really horrible pix...
    05-23-10 01:12 PM
    Thanks everyone for the thoughts, I'll be calling them very soon!!!!!
    05-23-10 02:07 PM
    Primary lines are really a bs way of saying whatever phone number falls in line first. They get mixed up during plan changes and upgrades sometimes. No big deal, simple phone call can have you back on track with a new bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 02:24 PM
    Placed a phone call and all is taken care of, ended up with a 70$ credit to my account somehow as well. Thanks again for all of your input.
    05-23-10 04:57 PM
    yeah, i was due for an upgrade but the wife got a Moment 4 days ago and they gave her my upgrade =( So now I am wondering if they have her or myself as the Premier Customer number....
    05-23-10 05:00 PM
    Ya know it's something I never would have given thought to until today. but now I'm always gonna keep an eye on it whenever I do plan changes.
    05-23-10 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD